A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Photo Invitations **edited with final choice**  (Read 1679 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

talli_1985
« on: February 13, 2010 11:03:20 AM »

These invitations have been dreamed of so many times, and re-made !

Our wedding is in August this year and I`ve been trying to think of a way to incorporate my severe attachment to my camera into our wedding plans.

These are a couple of mock-up invitations we`ve done so far (There are loads more but these 2 are the best)
They are going to be 7x5 photos with stickers on the back with all the information on.
Our colour scheme is a really lovely purple so I`ve edited the colours etc to get this into the photos, I`ve also been looking at some really cute recycled purple envelopes to fir 7x5 photos. 12 for 125

I love them so much ! Let me know what you think,

I love the cleaner look of this version,

But then I like the personal touch of this one,

Grin
This is the one we decided to go with in the end, I ordered them last night

I`ll post some piccies when they arrive  Grin

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010 02:56:57 AM by talli_1985 - Reason: to show invitation we decided to order » THIS ROCKS   Logged

denym_vashti
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010 11:08:28 AM »

Congrats!!!!   Cheesy  I love the idea of photo invites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. ~John 3:17 Cheesy
dizzydog
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010 11:14:08 AM »

These look really awesome! So much better than the usual boring invites  Smiley

Just one comment - the "your" should be You're!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnyTuTu

Is it because I have a waffly nose?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010 11:22:47 AM »

Congratulations Cheesy What a fantastic idea, I assume it's yours and your fianc's hand? I love the colouring on the invitations.

*Just a side note if either of these are the final draft ... it should be you're invited, not your invited.* (sorry I'm a spelling/grammar freak)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandanak

I maded puppets!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010 11:42:40 AM »

Nice! ;o) I love the hands-to-heart image. Yay! Nice, simple photo, and I like how it looks kind of like an old-timey film, with a hint of grain and the rounded rectangle shape.

Not quite sure what *all* the differences are between top and bottom photo -- I see a difference in font color, and the photo on the bottom seems brighter -- that's all I see, tho. (are those the two photos you meant to compare? sometimes there are photo hosting issues.) I think I prefer the brown font color to black, if that's one thing you're choosing between . . . it feels warmer and friendlier to me. Love the light purple with the brown.

I *love* that font, too! It's scripty and looks like "wedding" but it's still modern-looking and informal. AND easy to read! Nice job. Wink

But please, for the love of Pete:
previous posters are correct: replace the "your" with "you're", AND also the "its" with "it's".   Wink  (don't be offended, it's a pet peeve. Wink )

Other *minor* text things you might want to look at again before printing a bajillion of them and sending them out (since I do this sort of designing-and-proofreading thing for a living):

-   "21st August 2010" sounds awkward  -- to ME (but that's also my part of the world -- from your post you seem to be in England, where dates go in the European order) -- In my neck of the woods, I might write "21st of August," or "August 21st" -- If you're in a British-speaking place, maybe ditch the "st" and have it read "21 August 2010"

BUT, I'm not as familiar with date-writing standards in the not-US. So feel free to ignore me. Smiley

-   In the last line, if you're going to capitalize the W in "We hope you can join us!" then you need to put a period after "Details are on the back." (Otherwise it looks like you forgot an important part of the sentence about details. And then people might be going, "Details are on the back, and --what? Where? the back of what? What details? NooOOOOOOOO!" Can't have that, can we?)

Hope this is helpful! I love the idea of photo invites, and always a fan of the DIY wedding stuff. Best of luck in your wedding planning etc!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To craft and to solve.
jericho
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010 12:09:01 PM »

Cute idea! I love the juxtaposition of the simple heart made with your two hands with the enormous message of your love for each other. Smiley
Also, I like that you used your names on the second invitation, but like mandanak, I like the brown font better.
As an editor, I agree with the grammar suggestions posted so far, with one small addition: "its" should be "it's."
Congrats on your marriage!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's your mom!
talli_1985
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010 01:12:27 PM »

LOL

HOW on earth I ever got an A in English I`ll never know !!

Thanks for the info on the grammer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010 02:10:20 PM »

I love the hands/heart thing - very sweet.  And the purple is very pretty.

Only suggestion I have that hasn't already been mentioned is that if you hold your hands the other way (index finger is point of heart, thumbs are at the top) I think it looks more "heart-like" Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Callie Khouri: Oscar-Winning Writer & Creator of "Nashville"
Callie Khouri: Being a Female Director
Callie Khouri: A Director She Could Trust
Callie Khouri: Female Characters Vs. Role Models
Callie Khouri: An Instant Feminist
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...