A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another crochet lace trim with tutorial PDF!  (Read 10719 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , tutorial , cuff , project_of_the_week  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WeisserRegenbogen
« on: February 13, 2010 07:28:00 AM »

Hey there!

I made a cute crochet lace wristlet with my selfspun microscopic alpaca thread Cheesy

The pattern PDF/tutorial can be found at my blog.  You can also download the PDF directly from my server. (download no longer available)

And for all those who'd rather like to do it right away, here's the whole thing in writing.

tools & materials

* crochet thread (I use my selfspun alpaca thread and have no idea which gauge it is)
    * crochet hook of appropriate size (I used a 2.0mm hook, which is a bit too large for the thread, actually. But the loose structure looks somewhat nice, I think :3)

annotations: gauge
With my materials, I get a trim that's 1 3/8" wide (3,5cm), with motifs that are approximately 1" (2.5cm) wide each.

abbreviations

* ch - chain
    * sl st - slip stitch
    * sc - single crochet
    * hdc - half double crochet
    * dc - double crochet
    * p - picot

* bubble stitch: (yarn over hook, yarn over) five times (gives you 10 loops on the hook), pulling the loops a bit so they are ca. 1/4" long , then pull the thread through all of them

foundation row 1
chain a lot Cheesy
you'll need 12ch for the foundation pattern for each motif, plus 3ch on one side. The beginning of the second row also consists of chain stitches, so you can add 3ch (instead of 1dc), 2dc and then proceed with the pattern of row 2.
All in all that's [amount of motifs OR desired length in inch (if you work with the same gauge as I do)] times 12ch plus 8ch. For example if you want a trim that's 12 motifs / inches long, you need to make (12*12)+8 chain stitches (152 in total).

foundation row 2
dc 1 in the 8th ch from the hook, (ch2, dc1 in the 3rd ch from the last dc), repeat (...) until you reach th end of the foundation chain (the last stitch should be a dc).

foundation row 3
ch3 (2ch instead of a hdc plus 1ch), hdc1 around the 2ch of the previous row, (ch2, hdc1),repeat (...) until you reach th end of the foundation chain (the last stitch should be a hdc).

foundation row 3
ch4 (3ch instead of a dc plus 1ch), dc1 around the 2ch of the previous row, (ch2, dc1),repeat (...) until you reach th end of the foundation chain (the last stitch should be a dc).

By now, you should have a nice honeycombey foundation strip with 3 rows and a lot of cells Cheesy We will now crochet edging patterns into the outer cells on both sides. Let's start with the easy one.

picot edge row 1
on one of the edges, attach the thread with a sl st, ch1, (sc2 around the ch of the cell, p), repeat () in every following cell until you reach the end.

shell motif row 1
attach the thread with a sl st in the first cell, (ch3, (skip one cell) bubble in the 3rd cell, ch 3, bubble in the same cell, ch3 (skip 1 cell), sc1 in the 5th cell (becomes the 1st cell of the next motif)), repeat () until you reach the end of your foundation strip.

shell motif row 2
turn your work, ch1, [(sc1,hdc2) around the first 3ch, p, dc1 into the bubble, (dc2, p, dc2) around the second 3ch, dc1 into the bubble, p, (hdc2, sc1) around the last 3ch, sl st into the sc of the previous row], repeat [] until you reach the end of your foundation strip.

For the wristband pictured, I also added one shell motif to each of the narrow sides of the foundation.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012 02:08:51 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can find a lot of crafty tutorials in my blog.
wawamommy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010 12:26:49 PM »

This is so dainty and feminine.  I may have to make myself two, one for each wrist! Thank you for sharing it with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay517
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010 12:18:53 AM »

So pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. -Ernest Hemingway
miwin1000
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012 01:16:53 PM »

I cannot access the PDF from ANYWHERE! when I click the links, the website refuses to display the page. it says because maybe I need to be logged in (for the server) and don't know why I can't get it off the blog. It doesn't work from here either. I have regular windows vista, IE9, yadda yadda.... Please fix it. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spyderkl
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012 02:05:51 PM »

This is beautiful!  I had some trouble with the .pdf downloading as well.  But it's a great project.  Thanks so much for sharing this. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will craft for....just about anything.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012 02:08:21 PM »

Thanks for sharing!  I featured this in our Project of the Week email.

Everyone -- you can click PRINT at the top or bottom of this post, if you prefer a printed copy.  She provided the full pattern for us right here on Craftster. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012 11:35:45 AM »

Pretty! And comes with a pattern, thanks! Did you dye the green part yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Protecting Yourself from the Sun
How to Rock a Bold, Colorful Smokey Eye
Makeup Tips For Women Over 50
Beauty Tips for Prom
These Gels Instantly Shed Dead Skin Right Off
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...