A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,512
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitty hat  (Read 17917 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sushimifune

Life is a gift-horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2004 10:12:01 AM »

Here's my personal super-easy and fast version of the kitty hat

http://www.sushimifune.com/shop/kittyhat/Dsc00016.jpg

I just used double pointed needles and worked around making ribs at the beginning, then just knit... until, wearing the hat, the two flat sides (front and back) touched each other. Then I just sewed the top with the same wool... and voila.
I don't know if my explanations are clear. Basically, it's just like two rectangles sewn together leaving one side open. That's the idea.
I tried to follow the other pattern, too. In fact, I have a kitty hat without kitty ears  Grin But I find this pattern much easier and quick and -most important- I can do it easily with any kind of yarn and matching needles  Wink
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 02:21:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
HardLuckGal
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2004 10:15:55 AM »

that's awesome! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlcitizen

Llama's taste good with milk.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2004 11:35:29 AM »

I just used double pointed needles and worked around making ribs at the beginning, then just knit... until, wearing the hat, the two flat sides (front and back) touched each other. Then I just sewed the top with the same wool... and voila.
I don't know if my explanations are clear. Basically, it's just like two rectangles sewn together leaving one side open. That's the idea.
I tried to follow the other pattern, too. In fact, I have a kitty hat without kitty ears   But I find this pattern much easier and quick and -most important- I can do it easily with any kind of yarn and matching needles 

I think I'm alittle confused as to how you made the ears...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I knit therefore I am.
sushimifune

Life is a gift-horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2004 01:42:01 AM »

The secret is... that you don't make the ears! Try to figure that you wear a rectangle on your head. The head is round, so the remaining angles of the rectangle are left "empty" and form the ears.
Oh my god I'm so sorry that my english vocabulary is so poor...  Sad
I will make a drawing soon so it will be clear, ok?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gracella

I hope life isn't one big joke cuz I don't get it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2004 07:53:55 PM »

I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted - it took less than a full skein and at $6.50/skein it couldn't be cheaper!  I adjusted my needle size a bit - I used 8 circulars instead of 7s.  And I used my Denise Needles - woo hoo!  This was a super-fun project and I'm pleased with how it turned out.  Now i just have to wait a very very VERY long time before I can wear it (I live inHouston).

haha! I finished this hat the night before my class trip to washington d.c. in may. I wore it every day. It was about 85-90 degrees the whole time. All my teachers would ask me if i was hot, or tell me to take it off because i might get heat stroke. I didnt. I have it on in all the pictures. Sooo many people complinmented me on it. Since there are so many other school groups there too, alot of kids (boys and girls) asked where i bought it. Also a homeless lady went up and started yelling at me to take my hat off. haha. good times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandys
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2004 02:02:11 PM »

Angiasofia, i'd love to know where you got the pattern for your cable hat. It's adorable. Love to make one for my son who will be experienceing a very cold winter in Manhattan.

Thanks,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerEyes
Super Flirt! *wink*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2004 01:59:29 PM »

Here's my kitty kat for a freind of mine who has moved to Philadelphia.

I used Caron One Pound for the main parts and Filati Over for the pompoms and inner kitty ears.  For the earflaps, I knitted those up first and then made the ban between them for an even look.

So the flaps are 17 sts each and the space between each flap is 25 stitches to equal the 84 in the cast on. I also knitted up the ears separately and then attached them to the hat.

*new pictures of same hat added today*
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005 01:54:45 PM by tigerEyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get sh*t done!
vpop
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2005 08:47:16 PM »

Here's mine!  Now my kitty and I are a matching set.   Wink

http://www.thekiko.com/tmp/pop_cathat.jpg
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 02:21:11 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpoppy8
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2005 02:03:09 PM »

vpop,

I love your picture ! You make such a cute pair !
I'm currently working on the kittyville hat, but I don't have a kitty to match the plum colored yarn.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2005 06:19:24 PM »

here's me in mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DruaShield DSLR Sling bag Backpack - Product Review
How to Make a Camera Monopod Walking Stick
Digital Camera Tips: Stage Lighting Setup
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Cleaning
Digital Camera Tips: Why Not Auto White Balance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...