A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,037
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Accidentally on Purpose" from SnB Nation  (Read 38850 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

astrogirl_2007
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2007 09:16:31 AM »

I started another thread with my Accidentally on Purpose, not realising this great thread was in existence! Now I just want to put mine on with all these fab versions..

Mine also came out bigger than I'd like - if I could be bothered I'd redo it in the small size, but it was a bit of a boring knit....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenna_alive
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2007 03:25:44 PM »

The only thing holding me back from making this is the curled up bottom.  I HATE curled up bottoms, and I end up fidgeting with them constantly to try to flatten them.

I know that a dropped stitch is going to ladder through to the end, regardless of stitch pattern, so is there any way to add a small band of rib or seed stitch at the bottom of this so that it lays flat?  Is there some kind of stitch that will road-block the ladder, so to speak?

Alternatively, if the ladder did plow right through rib or seed stitch at the bottom, it would still lay flatter than stockinette, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pregnantknitting
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2007 07:23:45 PM »

i've never seen so many sweaters in a knit-a-long all turn out so cute and fit so well on their wearers!  it makes me think even MINE would turn out alright if i tried it.  perhaps i will...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shes crafty
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2009 10:58:00 PM »

Hello everyone!  I've been working on this project for foreeeeeevvvver.  Put it down for a really long time, frogged one side once, blah, blah, blah.

And now, I find myself at a crossroads.  And I've read thru the entire blog and didn't see anything concerning this, so maybe I screwed up?

I have knitted the front side, ended on the RS, then following the instructions for binding off, knit 26, put them on a stitch holder and bound off the rest.

Now it says to "transfer holder sts to needle and work as for right side, connecting yarn at neck edge and beg with a WS (p) row, reversing shaping."

Uh, problem is, my yarn is at the opposite end.  How the @#$! do I get it back to finish.  I was so proud for a minute, getting thru the binding...

Help?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ilex88
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2011 07:01:11 PM »

Hi All-I've been working on this vest for five years- and thanks to this thread, I finally finished the front side a couple of hours ago!!! Thank you so much!!

She's Crafty, I wish I could rember what I did at the section you are at now, so I could help, but that was probably two years ago!

After seeing how great all of the other vests turned out, I can't wait to finish the back.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
30 Seconds to Frizz Free Hair
Learn to Create the Katniss Braid
Retro-Glam Hairstyle Tutorial
Easy Braided Updo Tutorial
How to Skip That Awkward Growing-Out Phase With Your Pixie
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...