A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: REDECORATING BEDRROM HELP!  (Read 1615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LucyOlive
« on: April 30, 2005 04:04:19 PM »

ohmy goodness my room needs help. its pretty small about 10 x 11. its white and has a teal carpet (the owners of this house have to be god damn western) ;)I have two windows.
I dont really have a theme maybe i will just color theme it or something.
well i have a twin size bed and thinking of putting two twins together and on the floor. Here are some ideas i have for my room

1.Paint it blue and green or blue and white
2.put my bed on a corner and put shower curtains around it
3.move my desk into my room
4.get a huge rug to cover my carpet
5.put xmas lights on my cieling

If you have any ideas on how to do these projects with little money or if you have some ideas to add please post i need help

P.S I'm on a tight budget  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One day whilst I was walkin'
a-walkin' through the park
a hickory caught my eye
with the most attractive bark
nervous, i approached it
eyeing branch to root
anxious, can't believe it
THIS TREE IS FUCKING NUDE!!!!

so...
take off all your clothes and
find a tree to fuck and
wrap your legs
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005 10:26:12 PM »

I completely understand what it's like to have a small room. You are so lucky to have regular plaster walls. I have wood paneling and I don't want to take it down for fear of what is behind it (the previous owners were crazy).

With that being said: I definitely would suggest floating shelves, because if you're anything like me your room is probably overflowing with stuff. If you add magnetic paint to whatever paint you choose you could display ideas you are working on. I believe the stuff is $10 a can. Invest in boxes for under the bed storage. Clutter will just make your room look smaller. I really think blue and green would the best. A small modernistic rug could really pull the room together. For some reason I think dragonflies would be a nice theme with the colors you're working with. I could give you more ideas, but I don't know what your interests are. Another idea you could make a mock canopy for over your bed with the Christmas lights.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LucyOlive
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005 10:23:08 AM »

thanx for the ideas i dont really like dragon flies im not much of a girly girl.Are floting shelves the shelves that r hookoed on the wall? well im 12 and i think i just want to theme my room my color id like some more ideas cuz i want my guy friends to ome in and right now its soooo embarrasing

~Lucy

THANKYOU
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hickory caught my eye
nervous, i approached it
eyeing branch to root

so...
find a tree to fuck and
wrap your legs
SKN725
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005 12:35:42 PM »

Build your room around your favorite colors and your interests. Go get some blue and green paint chips and try them out to see what looks good in your lighting.   Throw lots of pillows around in your favorite colors. Unless you have friends who spend the night often that extra be just takes up space in a small room.  Try to keep things light and airy looking--it will give the illusion of more space.  Eliminate any clutter that you don't need.  You didn't mention closets or storage space.  Shelves are nice IN a closet because you can stack your more unsightly stuff in there and close the door.  Make the room yours, your hobbies, your colors, etc.  so that it will be a happy place for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005 01:29:40 PM »

Yeah, floating shelves are the ones you hook on the wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dramaqueen
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005 11:50:18 PM »

i am pretty much your age and i'm redecorating my room soon too so hopefully i can help. Smiley
first- if your room is small i wouldn't add another bed. one easy thing you can do is buy/make a trundle bed. a trundle bed is like a mattress on wheels that you slide under your bed when not in use. Also you could just get a cheap mattress that will fit under your bed.

if you are painting here is a good thing to do-
paint the feature wall one bright colour and the other walls a plain colour like white. The feature wall is the wall you see when you walk in. This way if after a few years you decide you don't like the colour/want a change all you have to do is paint one wall, not all four.

the shower curtain thing would be cool. You could also make your own 'bug net'. A bug net is what some kids in asia do. It has a hook on top that you attach to the ceiling. attached to the hook is one really big piece of material. You wrap the material around your bed. think of it like a fishing net. The top is attached t the ceiling and its sorta like the 'net' has caught the bed, although of course there is no bottom. There is also a split so when your not on your bed you can have the net only half around your bed. I have one made of lace which is cool. If you want more details on this just ask.

i have same prob as you, 'cept my carpet is gray. ew. i am probly buying a rug. are you allowed to rip up the carpet? underneath there are floor boards that look awesome if u polish them.

i'm also wanting fairy lights! they're so cool. i know nothing about electrical though so i can't really help you for this.

floating shelves are definitely the way to go. they will save heaps of space.

and finally remember for your walls posters are a really easy way to add interest.
goodluck, if you need any help or have questions post here or message me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LucyOlive
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005 02:59:04 PM »

THANKZ guys im now thinking of red and blue would that look to icky in a small room?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hickory caught my eye
nervous, i approached it
eyeing branch to root

so...
find a tree to fuck and
wrap your legs
lurk
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005 10:27:16 PM »

THANKZ guys im now thinking of red and blue would that look to icky in a small room?

funny. i had the same idea when i was in highschool!
i'm living in dorms now, but this is what it still looks like:

uhh. don't mind the craptastic job of painting i did. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LucyOlive
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005 06:19:01 AM »

thats  awesome..but ive went with green and black checkers now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hickory caught my eye
nervous, i approached it
eyeing branch to root

so...
find a tree to fuck and
wrap your legs
chcke0nfire
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005 03:38:14 PM »

Hey! I am thinking of decorating my room too! I am also 12! I  am doing a cloud theme! I love clouds! they are soooo..........drea my!! lol!

I suggest that you use the hanging shelves, and I also have a small room! For the curtains you could use the same fabric as for your 'fishing net' and drape it over the top, no sewing needing to be done at all! And maybe you could find 2 or 3 boxes(it doesn't matter what it's made of) and put them together. Get a nice fabric that matches your walls and cover the new 'table' with it. Also you can sew together some cushions to stick on the floor for seats for when your freinds come over. They are not only comfortable, but also easy to move, they would match, and they would make a great center peice for your room! if you  want to add tassles too that would be great! Floating shelves would be awesome! If you wanted them to match even more you could get some of your material and cover the shelves with it(by hot-glueing it) If you have any left over fabric you could drape it across your vanity, or dresser, or any other tables you have! You can also cut parts and hotglue it to your tv, or mirror! Also another funthing to do is to get some clear gel that drys in like an hour or so, you can poor it onto your desk(after painting it) and then put some pictures, ribbons, notes, drawings, pretty much anything you have that is specail to you! You can then after you put your things on you would need to put another layer of the gel onto your pictures and things, and there you go! a custom made desktop! you get it? Huh lol you can hotglue anything that you like to your desk chair also!

You can add candles or inscents to anything else you might want to, a nice smelling room is always something you want to come back to!!

~Krys~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Stylist Talks Hair Trends
How to Style Wavy Hair With Pins
How to Style Wavy Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Style Wavy Hair- Finish With Products
How to Style Wavy Hair - Diffuse with Blow-dryer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...