A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
361 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: After a long poppet hiatus...  (Read 1080 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2010 02:57:47 PM »

So I haven't made a poppet in forever (prolly over half a year). I think that I made so many in such a short period time, that I kinda got sick of making them... Regardless! I decided to break my hiatus to make ckchan a poppet in the IYP swap. My partner liked pinks and blues and polka dots, and she had a fairy poppet on her wist, so I decided to incorporate all of that (plus I seem to only make fairy poppets- so that was kinda obvious... But oops, I forgot to take a picture of the wings... Rest assured, she is most definitely a fairy Wink )...

I would definitely say that this is my favourite poppet ever. She isn't all leaned over like she looks like in the picture, I had just retightened her joints before I took the picture, so her legs and hips are just a bit stiff right now:

And sitting all pretty (I made her a matching bracelet to her necklace, but I suppose that I took the pictures before I put the bracelet on her):

Usually I just hot glue dresses together using felt and fun stuff, but this time I really wanted to sew a nice dress. It took me a ton of time to do (I think I made 6 plus dresses until I ended up with this one- and my stitch ripper and I became best friends during the process Wink )...

My most favourite thing about her would have to be her hair. Usually I just make a big pom-pom and sew it on the head, but this time I decided to individually sew on every piece. I found this great hand-spunny yarn that I thought would look like dreads. I covered the ends of the hair in glue so the hair wouldn't unravel:

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010 03:19:44 PM »

I LOVE her!!!  Her hair is beautiful and I want to make a dress like that for Priscilla or the other many poppets I am thinking about Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010 06:00:38 PM »

I love the muted colors. They are so inviting and cute! I really like her dress too. Reminds me of a tuxedo for some reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010 07:17:40 PM »

I love the muted colors. They are so inviting and cute! I really like her dress too. Reminds me of a tuxedo for some reason.

I think that she is a tad bit brighter in real life. And that is exactly was what I was going for! I had a little black tuxedo looking dress on my wist for the longest time, Blair Waldorf wore it in Gossip Girl, so I took inspiration from that a lot...

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010 12:46:53 PM »

Oh, she is awesome!  What a lucky swap partner!  I adore the hair - been having dreams about blue chunky hair like that.  Where did you find the yarn, if I may ask? I have a burgundy poppet with blue eyes that would like some hair like that! Smiley Wonderful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010 01:19:24 PM »

I adore the hair - been having dreams about blue chunky hair like that.  Where did you find the yarn, if I may ask?

Usually I can pick up some pretty neat-o hair at my local Dollarama, however, I believe I picked that hair up ages ago at a local discount store... I don't go there often, but when I do I always seem to stumble across the coolest poppet hair (and then I have to buy a gazillion balls because next time it for sure won't be there)...

Thanks a lot!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010 09:28:27 AM »

Wow she is so cute. I just love her hair and it looks like dreads. GREAT Job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010 10:21:20 AM »

I just love her hair and it looks like dreads. GREAT Job

Thanks!
That is what I was going exactly after, the dreads look. I searched everywhere for this sorta yarn and when I found some, I had to scoop up more than a couple of balls in all different colours, so hopefully I will have some more poppets up in the next couple of weeks with different dreads...
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010 11:16:37 AM »

I adore the hair - been having dreams about blue chunky hair like that.  Where did you find the yarn, if I may ask?

Usually I can pick up some pretty neat-o hair at my local Dollarama, however, I believe I picked that hair up ages ago at a local discount store... I don't go there often, but when I do I always seem to stumble across the coolest poppet hair (and then I have to buy a gazillion balls because next time it for sure won't be there)...

Thanks a lot!
Cheesy

What a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing, I need to get out more LOL! although staying in keeps my spending down haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010 11:43:29 AM »

What a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing, I need to get out more LOL! although staying in keeps my spending down haha!

And staying in lets you craft more...
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Katherine Parr in Queen’s Gambit
The Sacred River by Wendy Wallace
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Schmooze Gene
The Center Holds by Jonathan Alter
5 Ways to Slow Aging in Your 20s
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...