A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: AVATAR: The last airbender swap. swap signups 2/10-2/28 sendout 4/30 CLOSED  (Read 9738 times)
Tags for this thread: avatar  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010 02:42:44 PM »

Is that the first time you watched the last episode?

I'm going to assume everyone's watched it, but without spoilers, what did you think of the end?

I do like that everyone had their part to play in the plans. Smiley
It all wrapped up really well, with a good crescendo, I think. It's nice to see a kid's show with a planned plotline, that has a definite end date. Almost all kids shows are "We'll start here, and see how far we can go with this, hey?" and eight seasons down the track they're dragging in the dirt.

I'm planning on making a Suki costume for a convention here in a few months time. I'm having trouble deciding which one of her outfits to do, though! I'm thinking traditional Kyoshi, and then maybe her Fire Nation disguise if I have time..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
gidgett
Under five feet tall, but enough sassiness for someone twice my size.

Huzzah for being a newlywed!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010 08:14:17 PM »

Personally, I thought the finale had its high points and its...mid points. I loved everything, but there were some moments I felt could have been explored a little further.

Also...in a word...Ursa. GAH.

@Nostrum: eeeeee, PLEASE cosplay as Suki! The Kyoshi warrior costume (and the makeup) is just twelve kinds of fantastic.

My utter dream in life is to be the ultimate Toph Bei Fong cosplayer. I've even plotted out how to make her Ba Sing Se party dress...I love that episode!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://goodcallbabydoll.blogspot.com

I can find every bathroom on Disney World property. True story.
mel_pez
Dawn's in trouble, it must be tuesday

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010 11:54:11 PM »

and then maybe her Fire Nation disguise if I have time..

I think my favorite fire nation disguise is Katara's. its nice to see her with her hair down
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nostrum

Don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010 12:00:56 AM »

I agree. The first time I saw Katara's hair out I was like "HOOOOO  Shocked !!"
But I suppose it was meant to do that. Wink

I just love Suki. I'm glad they didn't just use her for one episode. And she's definitely the BEST out of all of Sokka's crushes. Tongue

I was just doing some googling, and check this out!
http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the-Costumes-cln-Avatar/Categories
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
EcoQueen
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010 03:44:03 PM »

and then maybe her Fire Nation disguise if I have time..

I think my favorite fire nation disguise is Katara's. its nice to see her with her hair down

I love her fire nation outfit! If I braid my hair I can get it to look like hers and I have some red fabric so I've always been threatening to make the outfit.

What do you guys think of the movie? After the trailer I feel a bit better about sokka and katarra but zuko.....oy thats messed up. At least its not jessy mcartney like they were going to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nostrum

Don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010 04:47:08 PM »

EW, they were going to use Jesse??
I am SO glad they didn't.

I haven't seen any new trailers for it. I don't know whether to wait for it to come out, and ignore all the prior trailers so that I don't get biased; Or whether I should just watch what I can to prepare myself. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nostrum

Don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010 08:27:49 PM »

There hasn't been a post in this thread in days! Come on, guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010 08:37:04 PM »

I was pretty hesitant myself about the movie, especially after seeing the first trailer.  I have hopes that it will be at least satisfying to watch.  I don't know if I like the actor that's playing Aang only because he seems too chubby to me to be the avatar  Undecided  I do love the way they decided to do the arrow tattoo on his head.  I think that if they did a blue block arrow it would be kinda cheesy.  I much prefer the swirls!

I agree, I like the swirls to.  Abd I also agree about Zuko.  Not sure if I'm thrilled about the guy playing him.  The cartoons were so awesome!  The movie almost looks like it's gonna be darker than the cartoon was.  I mean, Aang is this cheerful, little bubble of sunshine, always laughing and smiling, and cheerful, the previews make him look all serious, weight-of-the-world-on-my-shoulders-ish.   But since Shayamlan (sp?) is a huge fan with his family, I'm hoping he'll stay as true to the characters as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nostrum

Don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010 01:01:17 AM »

Yeah, Shaymalan is pretty good, and he does have a great sense of humour (or so I've seen). I guess we'll have to wait to see how it pans out. A lot of initial sneak-peeks at movies are completely different to what the whole feature turns out to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010 09:43:02 AM »

I know it's probably going to be different, and I'm going to give the actors their fair chance.  So far, from what I have read, and looking at the cast, it does look like they're putting all of season 1 into the first movie.  I guess his goal is to make 3 movies based on the 3 seasons.  So long as they don't replace actors, and the first one doesn't suck, I'm really looking forward to it.  I love when they adapt cartoons into action movies.  It's always so much fun to see how effects that happen in cartoons are portrayed in RL (i.e. the bending, can't wait to see that).
I wish the movie would come out sooner, or maybe I'll just watch the seasons over again lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fan Fiction Vs Copyright
Katie Kitamura on Her Novel Gone to the Forest
Kristin Harmel on Writing The Sweetness of Forgetting
Kristin Harmel on Her Inspiration For The Sweetness of Forgetting
Cassandra Clare on Her City of Lost Souls Launch Event
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...