A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas to decorate my tattooing station??  (Read 975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

VULTURE
Necrobobsledder

wat

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2010 03:48:10 PM »

I have major crafter's block.
Here's a photo. There are also two giant blank white walls. I'm unable to paint it but I can add vinyl wall decals/shelves, pictures, etc etc. It's pretty dull and I'd especially appreciate an idea to cover up that ugly A/C thing next to my desk. If you post links to tutorials I'll love you for eternity.. Thanks in advance Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-MEL
Charles M
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010 02:38:19 AM »

While everyone has their own unique style and aesthetics- I think I have an idea that might be interesting. One of my favorite bands was a group called The Cramps. Do a google search for their album artwork. It is devilishly 1950s kitsch- which is exactly what I think about when I think of tattoos.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.draperyrow.com
Tasty, Trendy, Fabrics
lunamadre
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010 12:52:50 PM »

Ooo I agree with that too....I love the cramps, and the checkered floor would be adorable with that sort of look. 
Is the air conditioning unit able to have magnets on it?  you might be able to get find a way to either use decorative paper, a poster or favorite images and cover the unit with strong magnets (and you could make marble magnets too).  I would make it as large of a piece as you can so that if someone needs to service it and remove it, it won't take an ice age or get ruined. 

You could also suspend a curtain around it with some funky fabric, there are plenty of tattoo flash, flames, retro pinup chicks, you name it on fabrics that would be really cute.  Or you could maybe make a decorative screen with that fabric too, which actually, I think is my favorite idea the more i think about it.  here's a link:
http://interiordec.about.com/od/foldingscreens/Folding_Screens_and_Room_Dividers.htm

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*fruit cake*
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010 05:51:58 AM »

i would get some mdf/chipboard and wallpaper it you could even put lining paper on and design your own wallpaper then screw it to the wall Cheesy get a screen to cover the a/c unit? maybe even decorate it with photos of your tattoos?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweet_concorde
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010 08:50:21 AM »

If it wouldn't be a problem, you could put a fabric curtain up around the a/c unit - you could attach it with a big line of sticky-back velcro. You could find cute fabric online, or get a few solid colors and make a curtain with a contrasting stripe on the bottom.

To keep it simple, you could get a roll of plain colored vinyl (like red, lilac, metallic silver) and use that as a background, and put some of your own work up. You could put some of your work in matted desk frames on the shelves, or in binders with those plastic sleeves for people to go through.

I'm assuming there is a big mirror somewhere, but you could find a mirror to have at your station.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Turkey Gourd Thanksgiving Centerpiece
How to Craft a Large Paper Apple Tree
How to Craft a Paper-Bag Apple
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tote Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Rose
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...