A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,741
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sleeveless Wool and Silk Quilted Jacket  (Read 6408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010 07:55:11 AM »

And this is totally a project i need to wist!

you are doing excellent work, and should absolutely go on sharing it here for the benefit of all craftsters, since we're here because we appreciate beautiful things.

as to the crafts/design debate, i have a slightly different take on the whole thing. Design is snobby, craft is inclusive. Both can be beautiful, but the design people need an essay to prove it sometimes. Craft is a bit more egalitarian, and doesn't come with a bunch of useless theorizing. Well, I guess it can and sometimes does, but we can ignore those people. They obviously need another craft, what with having enough free time to write the essay in the first place!  Wink

i'm on my way to check out your blog right now!

ps. what is this jellyfish dress that was mentioned? I think i missed something good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010 08:07:13 AM »

The lining is astonishingly beautiful; I love the varigated reds and I really, really want to touch it. I love the look of the collar and button flap too. There's this nice dichotomy between the very utilitarian look of the outside and the very luxurious look of the inside that I just love. And the reuse of materials makes me love it all the more.
There are a lot of wonderful things on Craftster that just get overlooked- there is a lot on here to digest and some things just slip by. I wouldn't necessarily take a lack of responce personally. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010 10:10:45 AM »

this is GORGEOUS!!!
beautiful work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
sapphire_chan
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010 10:50:20 AM »

It's harder to respond effectively to work that's beyond the professional level. When I see something obviously homemade, I can ask about the techniques with some hope of being able to duplicate them myself and getting a similar result. When I see something small and fast looking, again, some hope of duplicating.

When I see something like your gorgeous fabulous to-die-for coat, all that comes to mind is a regret for not having the clothing budget to offer you the $200+ the coat's worth to make one for me.

Well, obviously, the first thought is jaw dropping awe and a feeling that I'd really want to hug someone I saw wearing the coat, but I mean, after that, when I think about posting a response.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 10:53:33 AM by sapphire_chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xahhitsliz
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010 11:10:58 AM »

I wish you would post more, all of your things are wonderful.
I love them.

This one is gorgeous! How long did it take to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.
- Albert Einstein
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010 11:23:08 AM »

It's harder to respond effectively to work that's beyond the professional level. When I see something obviously homemade, I can ask about the techniques with some hope of being able to duplicate them myself and getting a similar result. When I see something small and fast looking, again, some hope of duplicating.

When I see something like your gorgeous fabulous to-die-for coat, all that comes to mind is a regret for not having the clothing budget to offer you the $200+ the coat's worth to make one for me.

Well said!
When I see professional quality items like this one I seldom leave a comment, because I figure: 'what could a clueless one like me say that the maker doesn't already know?'.

That said: this is fantastic, and I could love to see in on a model because I'm fascinated by the shoulder line and want to see how it lands.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
bleachrainbow
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010 11:34:54 AM »

Well said!
When I see professional quality items like this one I seldom leave a comment, because I figure: 'what could a clueless one like me say that the maker doesn't already know?'.

That said: this is fantastic, and I could love to see in on a model because I'm fascinated by the shoulder line and want to see how it lands.   Smiley

Ah, that's silly. Anyone can do and make the thing's I'm working on, it just takes time and patience. There's really nothing here except the dying that would be difficult for anyone to replicate, if they happen to have the time.

These are the only real pictures I have on a model, though the shoulder's a bit obscured by the head piece, sorry! I'll try and get better shots of just that sometime. It's almost but not quite a racer back cut.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://havinghorns.blogspot.com --see the why and how and whatnot.
Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010 11:47:29 AM »

y'know, i gotta point out that the head piece oughta be a post of it's own- i'd like a closer look at that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010 01:15:13 PM »

I love this...it really is a piece of wearable art.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:15:24 PM by BonEsInspired » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jasboh
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010 05:35:26 PM »

just amazing, looks very high end, and i'm sure you will get many compliments on it. and congrats on having the patience to do all those little hexagons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - File Handling Preferences and Type Tool Options
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Display Performance and Appearance of Black Preferences
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Guides, Pasteboards, Spelling and Story Editor Preferences
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Units, Increments and Grids Preferences
Adobe InDesign CS2 - General, Type and Advanced Type Preferences
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...