A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jojo's Sweetheart Brownie Bites - Perfect for Valentine's Day  (Read 8190 times)
Tags for this thread: brownie , cookie_cutter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchan
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010 07:10:55 AM »

another way to prevent the pools of chocolate is to use a toothpick to dip the cakes and then let them drip until they harden.
These look yummy and might try it this year. I have all the stuff on hand....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010 10:24:59 AM »

These are awesome!  I know my 3 favorite kids will love to get these for Valentine's Day (my 2 kids and nephew) They love brownies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
roccstarr75
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010 04:58:27 PM »

If you lay parchment under the wire rack, you can scrape it off and re-melt/re-use it.

Also, the toothpick idea is great if you're going to put something on top to cover the pick-hole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010 09:53:20 PM »

Thank you, I can make a game card version for my alice birthday party.
But do you pull out the orange zest/rind or leave it in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftygem
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010 06:22:44 AM »

i love this...... gives me some ideas for similar brownie bites ...... now to get some tiny cookie cutters
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a roller coaster...... enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wists.com/craftygem
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010 07:25:41 AM »

Thanks for all the comments guys! These were very well received by the kids and moms Smiley

These look delicious  Cheesy! However, if your nephew is allergic to nuts, is packaging the treats in a pine-nuts container the best idea?

Don't worry, I washed it thoroughly! And his allergy is not fatal or anything, he just gets really itchy rashes Smiley I would never have used it if he had a serious allergy (but good point, for those of you who may not know of the allergies of recipients! Avoid any contact with nuts of all kinds if you are not sure!).

LA-fairy: The orange peel is zested (aka in teeny tiny pieces) with a microplane zester (http://us.microplane.com/microplaneclassicserieszestergrater.aspx), so you don't just use long pieces of orange peel. The zest stays in the batter and gives that hint of flavor.
- If you don't have a zester, you can try to smallest side of a box grater. Just be sure you only grate the orange part, not into the white pith underneath. The white part is very bitter.
- If you don't have a grater, you could very carefully remove the outer layer of peel, than pulse it in a food processor or chop the crap out of it with a knife until it's very fine. If all else fails, leave it out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Marya780
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010 03:20:45 PM »

I made these yesterday as a Valentine surprise for my husband an he LOVES them.  What is better than his two favorite things - dark chocolate brownies and dark chocolate combined? - Nothing!  Grin  Thanks for this awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spyderkl
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010 12:27:29 PM »

Those look beautiful!  My daughter and I were just talking about what we would make for her birthday party in 2 weeks.  She loves brownies and these look perfect for her first "big kid" party.  Thank you for sharing these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will craft for....just about anything.
beepbeep
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010 03:33:18 PM »

Yours came out soo cute! I make these too but I never used brownies that sounds delicious! This year I made strawberry cake and dipped it in Ghiradelli white chocolate. These make such a great gift and they show you care.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lost In Transition [my blog] | Kandy Kreations @ Etsy

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
BunnyTuTu

Is it because I have a waffly nose?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010 10:43:22 AM »

Wow, these look yummy!! I'm getting back into baking now, I wanted to bake brownies today but had no sugar ... think I might make these instead Cheesy Thanks for the tute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Six Piece Lotus Flower
How to Fold an Origami Box with a Lid
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
How to Fold an Origami Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...