A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - February  (Read 8381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010 07:30:27 AM »

dude, that cupcake atc is frickin adorable, kellibeans!  nice job!

also, bejeweled looks like it is going to be gorgeous when everything is glued back on!!  and don't feel bad, FP - the post office knocks shit off my atcs all the time no matter how much glue i use or how carefully i wrap!!  kartiana can attest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Kellibeans
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010 01:06:46 PM »

I am in love with the cupcake ATC I received today from Kellibeans! She also sent some lovely ATC backgrounds that I can't wait to use. Thank you !

Huzza!  I'm so glad you liked it (it has been one of my favorites to create so far)!  I've been trying to send everyone a few of the backgrounds I make and cut myself.  I know how hard it is finding a background (or an interesting bit of paper) that is "just right" for a piece, so I thought I'd spread the love around with some of the ones I have stored up here.  Plus, it doesn't jack the postage up any higher & it's something I know we all will eventually use.   Grin

dude, that cupcake atc is frickin adorable, kellibeans!  nice job!

also, bejeweled looks like it is going to be gorgeous when everything is glued back on!!  and don't feel bad, FP - the post office knocks shit off my atcs all the time no matter how much glue i use or how carefully i wrap!!  kartiana can attest.
Thanks Bethie.  Grin

It's such a shame the bejeweled card didn't make it there in one piece, I'm sure it'll be fine when reglued but by golly that is a cool concept for a card!  

While I am here, I thought I would chime in on broken things & how I prevent them.  I've been putting everything that has dimensional or dangly bits in a bubble mailer.  I buy those 6 x 9" manilla bubble mailer envelopes and cut them in half & tape up the bottom with packing tape to seal.  The cards fit inside perfectly & snugly, they are the same size as a standard letter envelope after mailing, and the size of it doesn't jack up the postage rates like a small box or a full size envelope would.  Plus, it's a more cost effective way of getting that size mailer, by cutting it yourself it saves $1.25 per 4 x 6" envelope vs. a store-bought 4 x 6" mailer already sized.  So far, everything I've sent makes it in one piece.

Hope this helps anybody looking for an alternative solution.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010 06:58:38 AM by lapoli - Reason: please don't quote images.. thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010 08:08:44 PM »

Oooh, I love sparkly things. Thumbs up on the bejeweled card!

I received woodland creatures from yell0w bright! The card is pretty awesome! it's watercolor with a shrinky dink deer on it. I loooove shrinky dink Smiley

The card she sent along goes with the theme, too and it's adorable! Thank you yell0wbright!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010 07:05:58 AM »

I just added that deer ATC to my faves page!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Kellibeans
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010 05:16:08 PM »

I feel so lucky, it was a two'fer in the (late) mail today, huzza!
(I was chasing daylight to get these pics lol)

First up, the amazing pair I received from Mun!

The "cool sounding words" card just took the cake.  Honestly, I have loved almost every word on there since I was a kid, so there were joyful exclamations ringing throughout my house when I opened the envelope.  Also, the bonus card is uber snazzy (in love with those colors) & thanks for the postcard, I have already been brainstorming things I can do with it!  Thank you so much!

Next comes the fantagical (is that pleather?!?) woven/braided non-paper ATC I got from Casey1201!  It blew my mind!  (P.S. I have a habit of combining words to create my own, so I feel like I need to translate myself:  fantagical = fantastic + magical)

Personally, I don't know how she did it, but she was able to combine like 4 things I love on that little card.  Texture, color, AND the "fantagical" factor.  That extra textured paper she included is definitely gonna be put to good use!  Thank you Casey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Casey1201
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010 07:32:00 PM »

I am glad that you like it! It is actually an old belt that I cut up for the background Smiley I thought the texture was amazing and perfect for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010 08:09:27 PM »

I received today from Krafty_karasu and yell0wbright!

They both did a fantastic job and I cannot wait to put them up on my special ATC display board!

So, here is the one from KK, for my Japan theme.  I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but some of the paper is sparkly and some is reflective.  Seriously adorable!

And from yell0wbright.  She chose my letter S theme and also worked in my love of illuminated manuscripts.  The letter is drawn in gold paint, and it says Spotnik down the side in letters that look like those old-style label makers (I think I just dated myself.   Grin )

Thank you both so very much.  I absolutely love my cards and admire your artistic talent!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010 08:20:05 PM »

glad you like it!

before gluing the white iridescent paper onto the red part of the kimono, I embossed the visible edges with black embossing powder.  I thought it would look nice rather than just a red and white kimono.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2010 08:07:21 AM »

I have been a horrible slacker about posting, but the upside of that is that now I get to show of THREE fabulous ATCs at once!

First I received this fabulous card from blupaisan for my Art Deco faces theme. I love the woman's face, and the style reminds me a lot of Erte illustrations. Love that bright color, too!

Then I got this SUPER CUTE card from Kellibeans! She did a fabulous job of stalking... Pushing Daisies wasn't even on my theme list, but check out the awesome haiku she made of it! The picture's a little dark, but I can assure you it's pastel and pretty goodness in real life (just like the show.)

And yesterday I came home to find this card waiting for me! It's my Magpie theme from yell0wbright, and it's really gorgeous. You can't tell in the picture, of course, but everything is ever so slightly dimensional, and isn't that Magpie cute? She said in the card that she was tempted to keep it, and I can totally see why, but I'm glad I got it instead! Smiley

Thanks to all you wonderful people, this has been a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yell0wbright
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2010 01:42:01 PM »

I received some great cards today!

The first one is a combination of two themes - hearts and stars and mixed media made by Kartiana. The heart and two stars are sparkly and the background is this really neat eyelash yarn. Very pretty!

The next one is a sparrow ATC by Munltstmpr. She also threw in an extra ATC with birds at a bird feeder and "morning coffee" written underneath, lol. These are great, thank you!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010 01:42:50 PM by yell0wbright » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Haircut You Want
Celeb Stylist Ashley Javier on How to Get Retro-Glam Hair
How to Get Frizz Free Curls with a Diffuser
Faux Hawk Ponytail Tutorial
6 Amazingly Simple Hairstyles for Lazy Girls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...