A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hlp With a Gift for My Mom- She's a Young(ish) Doctor  (Read 1587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 30, 2005 07:54:39 AM »

Okay, my mom is less than 40, so I consider her young(ish).  But maybe you don't, and I'm not about to argue with you about it.  She's a Perto Rican doctor, and I really want to make her something that says "Pow!  I Love You!"  I have not been the best daughter lately, and I want to get her somehing really great.  She likes shopping, Spanish stuff, and traveling (or at least finding deals for traveling).  I have no idea what to mak her that would be good enough.  Help?  Please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
McJulie-O
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005 11:25:39 AM »

Depends on just how geeky you are, but my Super Geek son  put together a slide show screen saver for my computer for Mothers Day, made up of about 65 snapshots and family portraits whisch segued into each other (until I moved the mouse!!!)

I loved watching the screensaver so much at first that I hated starting the computer up again. He had apparently sneaked the photos out, scanned them in and assembled them while he was away at school. He broke it down into sections highlighting each of the kids (His siblings and himself) chronologically,and then all of us randomly (trips, family historic moments, baby pictures were all fair game).

Great gift...beyond putting some of my favorite memories together, it showed such creativity and commitment to get it done. I still love it six years later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kewlchik
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005 07:34:03 AM »

Crafty Chica has some wonderful gift ideas to make with the "spanish stuff" your mom would like. I love the site and she has great tutorials as well. Check out her archives too. Lots of great ideas!!Best of luck to you, and, as a mom, anything you give to her from your heart will be appreciated. I still have all of the little crayoned papers my children gave to me, and they are priceless in my eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Unique Handmade Gifts
How to Do an Orchid and Cactus Arrangement
How to Make Ice Cream Sundae from Carnations
How to Create Holiday Wreaths
Homemade Halloween Costumes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...