A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone have a Bellus or Fidelis wheel?  (Read 511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nikschaf
« on: February 08, 2010 02:08:14 PM »

I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here, thinking about how much I might like a wheel.  After all, I've just made my first laughable attempt with a drop spindle.  (Will post pics of my first yarn soon.)  But I can just FEEL that spinning is very likely something I will really enjoy.

I don't have immediate plans to get a wheel, but I'm just starting to research for down the road, if I'm still enjoying spinning and want to move to a wheel.  I will plan to take a wheel spinning class first, but I'm not sure I'll be able to "try before I buy" with a Bellus, because I'm doubting very many people have one.

I've searched all over for reviews of the Bellus or Fidelis, and I'm not finding any.  I've seen lots of folks who say, "it looks like a good wheel" or even found posts from folks who decided to buy one, but no posts from folks who have had one of the wheels for a while and used it.  I'm quite a thrifty gal, so the Bellus appeals to me -- I feel drawn to it.  The other thrifty wheel option seems to be a Babe, but I'm not sure I can get past my dislike of its appearance.  I don't have a separate craft room, so my wheel will be living with me, and if I don't like the looks I'm afraid I might not want to use it as much.

So, does anyone have a Bellus or Fidelis and can tell me how they feel about it after using it for a while?  Here's a link to the website:  http://www.heavenlyhandspinning.com/e-commerce-solutions-catalog.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikschaf
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010 02:57:03 PM »

If anyone is curious, I did finally find ONE review of a fidelis (single treadle) wheel on knittinghelp.com, but I'd still like to know more from someone with firsthand experience with one.  http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86938
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Food Packaging with Martha Stewart
How to Make a Ribbon Christmas Tree
How to Make Circle Punch Christmas Trees
How to Make Aromatic Extracts
How to Make a Ribbon Wreath
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...