A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweater, scarf, caplet and socks!!!  (Read 1552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rousseline
« on: November 16, 2010 06:54:13 AM »

As I often do, I post in bulk. Here are a couple of knitting projetcts I did in the last months.

Here is a gray sweater I made from a pattern called "Cadet Sublime" with Sublime yarn. The yarn is really soft and looks luxurious. The pattern is, by far, the most complicated I ever did, with the V's and decreasing while following the V's pattern.

This is a scarf I made from Woolly Bully yarn. It is the coolest yarn I ever worked with. It changes colour as you go along and it changes size too. It is done in simple 1 knit, 1 purl, to show the yarn! I'm sorry about the blurry pic, it's the only one I have...

This is a simple caplet I made from a pattern from the book "Gifted". It is a little bit too short, but still cute!

And last but not least, a pair of socks with super big yarn... I can't remember the name! I found the pattern with the yarn. I'm not thrilled with the way the heel is done, but it doesn't matter, these socks are so comfy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010 07:05:00 AM »

Amazing stuff!! What yarn did you use for the capelet? it looks sooo warm!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ARStheLorax
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010 07:05:32 AM »

I want that capelet! And those socks are adorable. They look warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life Ain't So Shitty.
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010 07:42:51 AM »

Very cute, each and every FO!

I also like the yarn you used in the capelet (and the yarn for the scarf looks like it was wicked fun to knit up).

Was the capelet knit top down? If so, you could rip out the cast off and knit it longer....but I'm guessing it was probably knit from the bottom up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rousseline
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010 07:59:14 AM »

I found the name of the yarn I used for the caplet and socks. It's Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. And it really is thick and quick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010 08:39:38 AM »

I found the name of the yarn I used for the caplet and socks. It's Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. And it really is thick and quick!

I've made that same sock pattern before and agree with you about the heel.. it sucks! Cheesy  Your looks fab, though.

I really like that sweater, too.  It looks great on you and I love the color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rousseline
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010 03:58:51 PM »

Very cute, each and every FO!

I also like the yarn you used in the capelet (and the yarn for the scarf looks like it was wicked fun to knit up).

Was the capelet knit top down? If so, you could rip out the cast off and knit it longer....but I'm guessing it was probably knit from the bottom up.

3 things: 1) what does FO means? 2) Yes, the scarf was very fun to knit, I loved it! 3) Sadly, yes, the caplet is knitted bottom up... It was supposed to take only one ball and I followed the pattern, but I knit really tight and that was my downfall! Tongue Also, I only had a ball of that colour on hand, so I didn't really want to go back and buy another one...

I've made that same sock pattern before and agree with you about the heel.. it sucks! Cheesy  Your looks fab, though.

When I wear the socks, it doesn't show that the heel is not nice, but if I look at it, it shows though... well, that's the way to learn! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010 04:08:54 PM »

3 things: 1) what does FO means? 2) Yes, the scarf was very fun to knit, I loved it! 3) Sadly, yes, the caplet is knitted bottom up... It was supposed to take only one ball and I followed the pattern, but I knit really tight and that was my downfall! Tongue Also, I only had a ball of that colour on hand, so I didn't really want to go back and buy another one...

Sorry about that! FO means Finished Object...at least, that's how I use it anyway

I'm not sure how the LB Thick&Quick would block out, but maybe you could pull it out lengthwise while wet and hold it with pins?  That might stretch it out. But either way, it looks fab on you  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hjone898
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010 01:42:10 PM »

LOVE those socks - perfect to lounge in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Women Dye Their Armpit Hair In Bizarre New Beauty Trend
How to Make Homemade Bath Bombs
How to Apply Blur Cream
Holiday Beauty: Glam Up and Glow
Spa Treatment That Slims You Down Instantly
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...