hi all! this is my first entry, though i have been lurking about for a few years.
i had this bread wrapping at home, and i wanted to use it for something.
when this challenge came along, i thought i'd try to do something with it.
i also had two pairs of shorts that i was getting rid of.
i decided to use the sturdier pair, and started dissecting it.
i covered the printed paper with adhesive plastic, and cut away the part that i didn't
want to use in this project.
after sewing the dissected shorts together the way i wanted them,
i attached the printed paper.
then i embroidered along some of the lines.
i made the lining out of an old blouse i was getting rid of.
to protect my groceries from the snow, i cut up an old bicycle inner tube that i found next to a dumpster, and the glued it together.
i cut out a piece of cardboard for the bottom and used it as a guide for inner tube.
i used glue and scissors to shape the inner tube.
then i sewed it on using the sewing machine.
i made shoulder straps from leftover fabric.
i decided i wanted to be able to close the pockets in the front,
so i made little straps for them.
i also added a few stitches to keep them from opening to easily.
i covered the buttons in red fabric that i had lying around.
i thought something was missing still, so i embroidered some details with yarn i had laying around.
i had to use pliers tough!
i broke three needles for the machine and one thick ordinary needle.
i also stabbed myself in the hand. small sacrifice to the craft gods.
at last i added the lining. (there are two pockets in there)
i like that it is so deep, that there are many pockets,
and that i can get the straps across my chest for heavy loads.
english is not my mother tongue, so please be kind