A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soda Cans/energy drink cans/etc  (Read 1262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yeamon
« on: February 06, 2010 10:00:59 AM »

Can we brainstorm to come up with a bunch of different crafts for cans?? I know most people just bring them to the recycling but I've made and seen some pretty cute things from cans! some of them are so cute that I'm wondering what else we can come up with!! I'll post some ideas as I find them
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010 10:07:48 PM »

I've made a number of pencil holders. It's quick and effective. (Just cut off the top and wrap a strip of electrical tape over the sharp edge.) I also used some as material for costume designs (for armor, a vest, and a cage skirt). I've seen bracelets, flowers, and lots of ornaments. There was a thread on here about a hanging piece made of stars cut from cans which I thought was very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EcoQueen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010 06:20:19 PM »

I've always wanted to cut them up and make them as a sheet of cans (use hole punchers and wires or somthing like that). it'd be cool if you could make a skirt (with a fabric one under it of course, that'd be dangerous otherwise!). Or a TREE out of them! A recycled tree Cheesy I wonder if you could somehow get the pictures off of the can?? Probably not. Hmm...cut them up to little pieces and make a mosaic?

I drink a lot of pop and something with cans is definitely next on my many list of projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yeamon
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010 08:14:25 PM »

I found this the other day too: Soda/beer can ashtray! I've made a few since then and theyre pretty nifty. If you google it you can find a whole bunch of tutorials.. I'd post one but they're all sort of different in their own way so I thought I'd just lead you to the source and have you choose the best fitting one for yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010 08:58:33 PM »

EcoQueen: you can sand the images off but it takes a while. The quickest way to get them silver-colored is to use the inside of the can as the outside once you cut it into a sheet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010 09:33:49 PM »

My bf and I were just talking about this today. Smiley If you find any great ideas let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EcoQueen
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010 09:25:21 PM »

N30Nb100d I was thinking the opposite, like transferring the logos and using them. But sanding the cans could give a really cool effect. Distressed.

A necklace would be really cool to go with those rings. I really love your beads. OH what if you make beads out of the cans?! Might be a bit tricky but I'm sure there's a way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies Recipe
Gluten Free Strawberry and Cream Cupcake Recipe
Donuts Are Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
Fresh Fruit Popsicle Recipe
Strawberry and Vanilla Baked Alaska Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...