A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need knit sweater pattern suggestions for girls with boobs  (Read 1878 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apb3000
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005 06:50:09 PM »

The Girls with Big Boobs Knitalong.  Love it.

I would love to participate, but I think the ladies and I (we're a DD family) will have to sit and watch, since I'm on winter-wear hiatus. What I really really want more than anything these days is for someone to convince me I can make that hott "boobholder" dealie in a size that will actually...well...h old 'em. Y'know?

thanks for starting this thread!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

never stopping never sleeping
lesleycayton

deedle deedle dee. wubba wubba wubba.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005 05:41:51 AM »

I'm making a Girls With Big Boobs tank top right now & it's terrifying!  I don't want to frog the whole front if I don't size it just right...

I think that the short rows approach is the right way to go, though.  I took the "shapely tank" free pattern from White Lies Designs (http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lpullovers/fbcprint.html) and I'm using it as a guide for the armscyes and bust shaping only.  I'm at the end of doing the short row bust shaping and so far I'm pleased with what I see, but I haven't had the opportunity to hold it up to my friend to see if the sizing is "just right".

This free pattern is great because it's stockinette only and you can use it like a palette to do other stuff.

And the pattern author did a great tute on short rows in knitty here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATbonnetric.html

There's also this website about sizing knitting patterns for different shapes, but I haven't checked it out thoroughly:
http://www.ample-knitters.com/

Hooray for the boobalage knitting support!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
justlease
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005 06:35:54 AM »

I'm enamored of the Lace Leaf Pullover in the Summer Issue of Interweave Knits.  Gotta love Teva Durham.

It looks fabulous on the waif in the photo, but I think I can visualize it on me, too.  If I can find a suitable yarn substitution for the $13.95 a skein Filtes King Van Dyck, I'm going to make it.  And if it looks horrid on me, my Mom could carry it off.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot a Male Model
How to Use the Fill Flash technique
Equipment Needed for a Music Video Shoot
Nikon CLS, Wireless Flash System
How to Use the Flash Umbrella Swivels
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...