A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Magnetic Snaps  (Read 33112 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2006 09:06:08 AM »

very cool! thanks for the tip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smoon26
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006 09:20:38 AM »

Here's a link to the ebay store that I get my snaps and things from.  They combine shipping, so its good to order as many supplies as you need at one time.  Shipping is determined by the actual weight, so it saves quite a bit.  And even with shipping from Hong Kong, they are a really good deal.  Shipping is quick, and the product is perfect. 

http://stores.ebay.com/Ah-Kwok-Supplies

As examples--here's couple of my orders so you can see the pricing...

90 zippers in 30 different colors                           13.50   (this was 3 zipper auctions put together--$4.50 for 30 zippers!!)
14mm hidden purse snaps extra strong--25 sets      28.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
combined Shipping                                             10.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                            Total...................$51.50 !!! for 90 zippers and 25 snap sets!!

*********************************************************************************************

8 purse frames-2 different sizes for 22.50 including shipping (I don't know the regular price of frames though, so I hope thats a good deal)

*********************************************************************************************

50 5/8" snap hooks                               7.20
100 5/8" o-rings                                    5.50
60 10 mm handbag feet                       13.80
50 sets 14mm purse snaps                    18.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------
combined shipping                                16.70      purse snaps are heavy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    total              61.20 !!   for 260 pieces!!

I'm just putting up these 3 for examples.  i was Leary of ordering from a store in hong kong cause I thought shipping would be horrendous, but you can see, its not bad.  And shipping is very quick--especially from HK.  Hope this gives you a great idea of the deals-the pricing is very consistant, and they have a ton of different purse supplies in all different sizes. 

Any question, feel free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006 09:34:09 AM »

wowza!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2006 09:36:30 AM »

thank you so much for the link and the pricing of your orders. It really does show signifigant differences in pricing. It's good to know that you have had good responses for your oders. I have been burned three times by three different people and am very soured on ebay these days.
the last one was for more money than i could ever spend even though the canadian dollar is doing pretty well right now. It was for all supplies that I was going to  use to make Xmas gifts for everyone but then just had to scramble and come up with something else.
I booked your link into my favourites. Thanks again if I get get brave enough to try ebay again I'll go with your suggestion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

perilously_divine
Moi

Keep on Rock'n in the Craft World

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006 02:03:20 PM »

does everyone sew around the snap? When i made a purse i didnt, i just used a peice of fabric. will it hold up do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisisserious
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2006 03:25:03 PM »

does everyone sew around the snap? When i made a purse i didnt, i just used a peice of fabric. will it hold up do you think?

I just made a purse with a very thin cotton lining and the outer fabric was a normal cotton weight. I forgot to put interfacing on to stabilize the area for the magnet before I sewed the lining on, so I came up with something that worked perfectly. I used Unique Stitch to glue a rectangle of lining & a rectangle of the outer fabric together with the outer fabric on the front. I attached the magnet to it and then used Unique Stitch to glue it to the bag. I did that for both sides and it's perfect. Unique Stitch really holds up well to it's "sewing with a tube" slogan. I'll take a picture and edit my post with it.

The edges weren't cut perfectly straight, so "rectangle" isn't really true, but you get it. Haha.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006 04:46:30 PM by thisisserious » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bluefish
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2006 02:03:29 PM »

Kiss
Thank you!  I have fought with them for a while now and was ready to give up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it's not one thing it's your mother!
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006 04:47:35 AM »

I know I'm getting in on this thread so late in the game (did I just mix my metaphors?!?), for those of you interested, I've been getting my magnetic snaps from this seller on ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/AAA-Qwik-Signs
I'm able to get the larger (18mm) snaps and the higher quantity you buy, the cheaper it gets.  Plus it's free shipping and it does get to me very quickly (usually w/i 2 or 3 days).  Just thought I'd let our purse/wallet-making Craftsters know! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2006 09:09:15 AM »

I know I'm late too but looking over all the links, the pet store one seems to be the cheapest. Their prices include the shipping!!
(I'm too lazy to go back and see who posted the link, but thank you!)

http://www.cdwplus.com/singleotherM.html#anchor63732

I think I'm going to order mine now  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JazzySteph
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007 06:37:20 PM »

I get the snaps on ebay - for 100 sets of them - I pay about $50 including shipping from Hong Kong.

Steph
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Your Videos HD Using Windows Movie Maker
How To Change Your Hair Color Using Photoshop
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Camtasia Studio
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Sony Vegas Pro
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Windows Movie Maker
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...