A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,377
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 209
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 6 (Send out 4/16)  (Read 84427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 16, 2010 12:54:46 PM »

dear ____________,
I'm getting the _______ to make your large, which will be a _______ ___________, i bought a super cute pattern for it off of etsy, i'm so excited. I made a test one with scrap ________ and it turned out SO CUTE, i really hope you like it, because i sure do!
I want to buy 2 more extra things, then once i'm finished making the _______ i'll be able to send! I'm going to buy you _____ _____ so you can learn to ____ like you wanted to, and ______ to add to your stash because you like to do ______ _______. So far I have 4 smalls, 2 mediums, and 2 extras for you.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
crystabrittany

my 4-year-old cousin is my idol.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1451 on: March 16, 2010 12:58:52 PM »

Okay, so at first I was really against reverse stalking.  But then when hottyblonde wrote the thing about having a kid, I was like, "oooh, that's not me," and now I'm sort of intrigued that I could cross folks off the list and have it potentially narrowed down a little bit.  Plus, even if somehow I managed to figure it out, all the blanks make it that much more exciting!

So maybe a little reverse stalking could be fun.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ademareej
« Reply #1452 on: March 16, 2010 02:44:01 PM »

I don't think I could keep up if I tried to reverse stalk....I mentally say "oh, not me!" or "hmm...." when I read hints, but then I forget who said them and, quite honestly, I don't want to go back through our 140+ page thread to figure it out!

Dear Stalkee:

I have little progress to report, as school has kicked it up a notch and work has been insane.  But!  I did try a brand new craft for a small, and though it is not totally done, it is turning out quite well!  Very exciting and I hope you get lots of use out of your new ________. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystabrittany

my 4-year-old cousin is my idol.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1453 on: March 16, 2010 05:41:11 PM »

Exciting update.  My partner had an item on their wist that was crocheted, which I only tremulously know how to do.  But I wondered: could I knit it?

Sooooo, I grabbed some yarn, grabbed some needles, and started playing.  And I am super excited to say:

I've written my own knitting pattern!

I've been knitting for a long time, but have always said that I am a crafty person, not a creative person.  Leave it to someone else to figure out what to do; they can then show me how and I will do it.  But today I left that attitude behind, used what knowledge I have, and wrote up a spiffy pattern! 

I will share with the Craftster knitting community once this swap is over and the project in question is no longer a secret.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1454 on: March 16, 2010 05:54:19 PM »

I managed to start and finsh a medium today fo my partner.  I have three more things to make for sure and I am excited about the one I am fixing to start.  Since I am off work for spring break I may even be up in the wee hours working on it.  It will be anothe large.  The last two items should not take vey long as I have all my supplies and even went into work today to enlage a pattern and print out something else to use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1455 on: March 16, 2010 06:19:53 PM »

Exciting update.  My partner had an item on their wist that was crocheted, which I only tremulously know how to do.  But I wondered: could I knit it?

Sooooo, I grabbed some yarn, grabbed some needles, and started playing.  And I am super excited to say:

I've written my own knitting pattern!

I've been knitting for a long time, but have always said that I am a crafty person, not a creative person.  Leave it to someone else to figure out what to do; they can then show me how and I will do it.  But today I left that attitude behind, used what knowledge I have, and wrote up a spiffy pattern! 

I will share with the Craftster knitting community once this swap is over and the project in question is no longer a secret.  Smiley

Can't wait to see what it is! Congrats for writing a pattern! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1456 on: March 17, 2010 12:29:56 AM »

Dear ____________,
     I went through your wist one more time to finalize what I am going to make you. So many great options to chose from, I can't wait to get started! And I know you will be happy with what I plan to make since it is all directly from your wist  Wink I have everything I need already to get started on your medium and one small. I will definitely keep you posted!
                                                                                             Sincerely, your friendly crafty detective Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1457 on: March 17, 2010 01:27:41 AM »

dear partner.....I have come to a cross roads......the large I am making just doesn't feel like a large, I mean it is but doesn't look it.....same with the medium, even though I spent a few hours digitising the designs for them both. They look fabulous I must say, SO having said that I decided to bulk up with extra smalls, weeeeee so fun I have one done, I bought_______to make one today, it is currently on the line drying after I washed it first, and I have a set of __________ in the cupboard to make the others.

I also have a few other things I have collected that are not crafted to add in....

I can't wait to send to you, just wish I could see your face when you opened it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1458 on: March 17, 2010 02:20:43 AM »

crystabrittany:  I am impressed!  I've always said the same thing about myself "crafty but not necessarily creative" so maybe there's even hope for me!  Nah, probably not, but I can't wait to see your pattern.

I reverse stalked in another round of crafty detective and I found out I stink at reverse stalking.  My partner turned out to be one of the first people I crossed off the list of potentials. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1459 on: March 17, 2010 02:38:19 AM »

I can't wait to fill in the blanks when I find out what everyone is making!! I wish send outs were sooner! Except that i'm nowhere near finished yet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 209 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kardashian Kids to Launch at Babies R Us
Hottest Kid Trends of the Season
Top 5 Fashionable Winter Looks for Kids
KIds Products and Innovation News
Four Fall Fashions For Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...