A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 209
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 6 (Send out 4/16)  (Read 86581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 16, 2010 12:54:46 PM »

dear ____________,
I'm getting the _______ to make your large, which will be a _______ ___________, i bought a super cute pattern for it off of etsy, i'm so excited. I made a test one with scrap ________ and it turned out SO CUTE, i really hope you like it, because i sure do!
I want to buy 2 more extra things, then once i'm finished making the _______ i'll be able to send! I'm going to buy you _____ _____ so you can learn to ____ like you wanted to, and ______ to add to your stash because you like to do ______ _______. So far I have 4 smalls, 2 mediums, and 2 extras for you.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
crystabrittany

my 4-year-old cousin is my idol.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1451 on: March 16, 2010 12:58:52 PM »

Okay, so at first I was really against reverse stalking.  But then when hottyblonde wrote the thing about having a kid, I was like, "oooh, that's not me," and now I'm sort of intrigued that I could cross folks off the list and have it potentially narrowed down a little bit.  Plus, even if somehow I managed to figure it out, all the blanks make it that much more exciting!

So maybe a little reverse stalking could be fun.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ademareej
« Reply #1452 on: March 16, 2010 02:44:01 PM »

I don't think I could keep up if I tried to reverse stalk....I mentally say "oh, not me!" or "hmm...." when I read hints, but then I forget who said them and, quite honestly, I don't want to go back through our 140+ page thread to figure it out!

Dear Stalkee:

I have little progress to report, as school has kicked it up a notch and work has been insane.  But!  I did try a brand new craft for a small, and though it is not totally done, it is turning out quite well!  Very exciting and I hope you get lots of use out of your new ________. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystabrittany

my 4-year-old cousin is my idol.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1453 on: March 16, 2010 05:41:11 PM »

Exciting update.  My partner had an item on their wist that was crocheted, which I only tremulously know how to do.  But I wondered: could I knit it?

Sooooo, I grabbed some yarn, grabbed some needles, and started playing.  And I am super excited to say:

I've written my own knitting pattern!

I've been knitting for a long time, but have always said that I am a crafty person, not a creative person.  Leave it to someone else to figure out what to do; they can then show me how and I will do it.  But today I left that attitude behind, used what knowledge I have, and wrote up a spiffy pattern! 

I will share with the Craftster knitting community once this swap is over and the project in question is no longer a secret.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1454 on: March 16, 2010 05:54:19 PM »

I managed to start and finsh a medium today fo my partner.  I have three more things to make for sure and I am excited about the one I am fixing to start.  Since I am off work for spring break I may even be up in the wee hours working on it.  It will be anothe large.  The last two items should not take vey long as I have all my supplies and even went into work today to enlage a pattern and print out something else to use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1455 on: March 16, 2010 06:19:53 PM »

Exciting update.  My partner had an item on their wist that was crocheted, which I only tremulously know how to do.  But I wondered: could I knit it?

Sooooo, I grabbed some yarn, grabbed some needles, and started playing.  And I am super excited to say:

I've written my own knitting pattern!

I've been knitting for a long time, but have always said that I am a crafty person, not a creative person.  Leave it to someone else to figure out what to do; they can then show me how and I will do it.  But today I left that attitude behind, used what knowledge I have, and wrote up a spiffy pattern! 

I will share with the Craftster knitting community once this swap is over and the project in question is no longer a secret.  Smiley

Can't wait to see what it is! Congrats for writing a pattern! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1456 on: March 17, 2010 12:29:56 AM »

Dear ____________,
     I went through your wist one more time to finalize what I am going to make you. So many great options to chose from, I can't wait to get started! And I know you will be happy with what I plan to make since it is all directly from your wist  Wink I have everything I need already to get started on your medium and one small. I will definitely keep you posted!
                                                                                             Sincerely, your friendly crafty detective Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1457 on: March 17, 2010 01:27:41 AM »

dear partner.....I have come to a cross roads......the large I am making just doesn't feel like a large, I mean it is but doesn't look it.....same with the medium, even though I spent a few hours digitising the designs for them both. They look fabulous I must say, SO having said that I decided to bulk up with extra smalls, weeeeee so fun I have one done, I bought_______to make one today, it is currently on the line drying after I washed it first, and I have a set of __________ in the cupboard to make the others.

I also have a few other things I have collected that are not crafted to add in....

I can't wait to send to you, just wish I could see your face when you opened it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1458 on: March 17, 2010 02:20:43 AM »

crystabrittany:  I am impressed!  I've always said the same thing about myself "crafty but not necessarily creative" so maybe there's even hope for me!  Nah, probably not, but I can't wait to see your pattern.

I reverse stalked in another round of crafty detective and I found out I stink at reverse stalking.  My partner turned out to be one of the first people I crossed off the list of potentials. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1459 on: March 17, 2010 02:38:19 AM »

I can't wait to fill in the blanks when I find out what everyone is making!! I wish send outs were sooner! Except that i'm nowhere near finished yet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 209 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Decorative Drawing Tool in Adobe Flash Professional CS5
How to Use the Components Inspector on Adobe Flash Professional CS5
How to Place Graphics in InDesign CS4
How to Film a Business Profile - Lighting (or Lack Thereof) Pt. 5
How to Film a Business Profile - Pre-Production (Pt. 1)
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...