A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,650
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to do with leftover pre-finished oak hardwood flooring?  (Read 5993 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woman007
« on: February 05, 2010 10:41:30 AM »

I have two boxes of oak flooring left over from a new floor that was installed.  I'm saving it in case any boards need replacing in the future.  However, I have loads of extra cut pieces that were left over.  I'm thinking birdhouse(s), shelving . . .  Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010 06:17:29 PM »

Shelving sounds like a great idea!  Depending on how big the scraps are, you can always use the thinner pieces to make interesting frames for mirrors and pictures.  My dad does a lot of hardwood jobs and gives me some of the scraps to use for framing and the smaller pieces work well for book making and paper crafts (making borders and such when I'm turning altered books into gift boxes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
woman007
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010 06:01:09 AM »

Ooooh!  Something popped into my head while reading your response!  When you said you use scraps to make boarders, I thought of shadow boxes!  I've been looking for a shadow box that is wide enough for two plates (my husband and I each have a plate from the early 70s when we were kids - they were a craft in early school years with the date and our names and a picture we drew - I want to hang them in the kitchen, we use them now to eat off of).  The oak is 2 1/4 wide, 3/4 thick - should work!  May have to find a good circular blade, but that's fine.  Would need one anyway to rip any of it.  Thanks for responding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HSSchulte
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010 02:40:52 PM »

I also think the extras make a good entry way to replace carpet directly in front of a door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Dream Catcher Necklace
How to Make a Paper Mache Craft Bowl
How to Make an Awesome Key Holder
How to Make Bird Feeders
How to Create a Figure-8 Knot Napkin Ring
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...