A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,920
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 12 Gallery  (Read 11442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010 05:02:29 PM »

I'm not in this swap, just wanted to take a peek, and I have to say it looks awesome!
I'm totally wisting the little girl's hat you made Miss Barbara, and that peace sign pin cushion is too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluttermuffin
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010 05:18:45 PM »

love the peace sign pin cusion too.... great job....

I just mailed my package to MargieJ this morning... tummy is jumpy, hoping she likes what I made her.

I think I could definately become addicted to these swaps!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010 05:21:48 PM »

You all have been so great about pming me and sending me those dcs! I'm going to have to nominate you all for the Newbie Swap Hall of Fame.  Grin

I think I could definately become addicted to these swaps!!  Grin

It has been known to happen to the best of us.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Sejimara
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010 07:54:56 AM »

You all have been so great about pming me and sending me those dcs! I'm going to have to nominate you all for the Newbie Swap Hall of Fame.  Grin

I don't know about everyone else but I just wanted to do this swap right....so I can do more.  Grin  I think your instructions and guidance have been very clear and you've made it very easy for us.  So, thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010 11:28:05 AM »

Aw, you're very welcome. This has been fun for me.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
CraftCrazy13
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010 02:23:08 PM »

I received my very first swap package from Lollipop67 today! I will fill everyone in with a little background. So I was sitting in Calculus class this morning at 8:00, thinking to myself, maybe my package will get here today, and lo and behold, when I got home three hours later, there was a GINORMOUS package with my name on it sitting on my bed! 

Now, you have to understand that I pride myself for my maturity and my control in every situation, but as soon as I saw that box, all semblance of got stomped down in my dust as I ran to get my camera and scissors to open the box. My first instinct was shame over my meager package, as the box was full to t  he brim of absolutely FABULOUS and FANTASTIC and SUPER-FREAKIN-AWESOME CRAP!!! (Keri, forgive my use of the word. I in no way think any of it is crap, it was merely due to my control wavering from writing about your absolutely incredible swap goodies!)

Here is a picture of all of the packages. Believe me when I say that it took every ounce of control in the world to take this picture of them with the wrappings on!

They were numbered, so I had to open them in order. First--and I am literally shaking as I write this--there is a recipe book for me to keep all of my baking recipes in, covered in CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE FABRIC! And leather studded trim? All of the other bakers I know will be knocked over by the sheer badassness of my awesome binder for all of my recipes! I love the wooden button, I love the fabric, I love the pocket in front, and I LOVE that you put a recipe in there for me! (Mini Cookie Cups, mmmmmmm!)

Next, I absolutely terrorized the tissue paper as I ripped into a...&%*)#%$#2@!!!!!!!! It is a black and white striped laptop case for my precious Mac!!!

And just when I thought it was too fantastic to be real, I saw the buttons. THEY ARE FREAKIN' DRAGONS!!!!!!! I tried unsuccessfully for 20 minutes to get a picture that would do them justice, so here is a blurry one.

It is a good thing that I managed to calm down a little bit before opening my THIRD package, because out came an etched pitcher, a goblet, and a tumbler, all from my Wist! (I am actually drinking out of the tumbler right now, and I am using the pitcher for dinner tonight!) The pitcher has a peace says "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace", the goblet has my name and stripes on it, and the tumbler has a peace sign on it!

AAAAAAAND a package of goodies!!! She sent a HUGE bag of cookies that are absolutely frakin' delicious (yes, they DO have peanut butter cups in the middle), and...wait for it...this is, I think so utterly fantastic that words cannot describe the  scream that I let out when I saw it...

A STAR TREK COMMAND PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! It came wrapped alongside a Dr. Frankenfurter pin from Rocky Horror Picture Show! Seriously, Keri? Star Trek AND Rocky Horror? You are the BEST!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! You should totally keep swapping, because you are the ABSOLUTE BEST partner I could ever have wished upon a star for!

*Passes out over the sheer awesomeness of all of my magnificent loot*.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nannyem
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010 02:34:56 PM »

Wow, Great Job Lollipop67! I just love the etched stuff. Is that hard to do? I always wanted to try that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010 03:48:55 PM »

WOW!  Fantastic package, awesome stuff!  Love the dragon buttons, and the glass stuff made it safely:  it's a miracle!  (I break stuff in my own livingroom!) You can both be really proud!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010 05:35:02 PM »

Very nice, Lollipop67!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Lollipop67
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010 05:46:13 PM »

Thanks all :-)

the etching wasnt very hard at all, the hardest part was trying to make the stencils,well the hardest part for me anyway. :-) Iv'e even got my boyfriend wanting to etch stuff now lol!

(
WOW!  Fantastic package, awesome stuff!  Love the dragon buttons, and the glass stuff made it safely:  it's a miracle!  (I break stuff in my own livingroom!) You can both be really proud!

I was nervous about the glass making it too. (I broke the first pitcher I brought home just washing it haha)

Im so soooo glad you liked everything! i can finally stop holding my breath! haha This was so much fun, I cant wait to do it again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair How To: The Beehive
Great Vitamin For Hair, From Dr. Oz
Product Snapshot: Oscar Blandi Pronto Volume and Texture Spray
How to Cut Your Own Bangs
How to Get Sexy Wavy Beach Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...