A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
297 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2010  (Read 46660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Pistola
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2010 05:57:00 PM »

I did a personal swap with goddessgarb, and here is the amazing stuff she made me!

I sent her supplies, including the snaps used on these bibs...and she made the bibs! They are teething bibs, and have a little hook on the bottom to attach a teething ring. That way, they can chew on it, and the slobber gets caught with the bib! I have been wanting some of these, now baby boy just needs to start officially teething! (The striped one has the teething ring on it.)

Then I sent her MORE supplies, and instead of more bibs, since I had enough now, she made me this awesome crayon roll that fits jumbo crayons. The inside is blue polka dots, and the outside has coordinating fabric with a little car print on it. I love it! It rolls up and ties with a ribbon. He has a little while before he's coloring, but I'm so excited for it! So perfect!

Lastly, she asked me if there was anything else I wanted/needed, and I said I couldnt think of anything else, so SHE came up with this, and it has turned out to be the most awesome little thing! I didn't know that I needed one of these all along!! It is a little pouch type thing, like a purse without the sides sewn up...like a notebook with pocket flaps. On one side it holds diapers and on the other a wet wipe travel size case.  With handles! Its is seriously awesome. I use it all the time. I use my diaper bag as a diaper bag and a purse, so when I need to change a diaper, I can just grab this out of the bag and take JUST what I need with me to the bathroom, instead of lugging a giant bag, rummaging thru it, with a squirmy baby trying to roll off the changing table! Smiley Anyway, can you tell I love it?!  Its awesome piratey fabric.

Goddessgarb said she loves making things for supplies...it allows her to be able to craft for others, like me, who will use all her creations...just letting you know...if you want to swap with someone....she's fantastic!

Thanks goddessgarb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2010 07:40:10 PM »

Lady Pistola, thank YOU!  You have been seriously fun to swap with!  I loved getting to make things I had no use for!!!  LOL!  Like I told you, there are lots of things I've wanted to try a making like that, but I have no use for them and don't have an etsy shop (yet) so I LOVE it when I can swap with someone who CAN use these things, and I get the best thing in the world, MORE supplies to make MORE stuff!  Cheesy 

Here are a couple more pics, including one of it open in case anyone wants to make one for themselves...or swap for one with ME!  Cheesy

Same principal as a checkbook cover, with handles added.  I love that she chose the pirate fabric.  I think it's uber cute for a diaper tote, especially with the 'un-baby' gray I used as a lining.  Thanks so much for swapping with me, Lady Pistola, it was totally fab.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
Lady Pistola
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2010 10:32:17 PM »

I love the gray too! Its sometimes refreshing to have something FOR the baby that is not overly cutesy babyish. And its the perfect thing for a fun fabric like this!  A great swap, I agree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2010 05:30:27 AM »

I love that 2 of the most amazing fun swappers find each other and do personal swaps it is great to see your fun work!! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2010 01:14:24 PM »

I love that 2 of the most amazing fun swappers find each other and do personal swaps it is great to see your fun work!! Grin Grin

Aw, thank you babalina!  It was all possible because of your awesome Ongoing Wish Swap, which is where we found each other!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2010 07:22:46 AM »

I am the lucky recipient of Knickertwist's Ode to a Farm House piece.  She's been stalking me on my farm blog and included the fact that I have lots of county fair blue ribbons for my canned goods in the display.  What she didn't know is we do have a fancy chandelier in our farm house and she included one as well.  You can find her original post with lots of additional photos here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=364882.msg4285183#msg4285183

Here's my actual china cabinet, which she has never seen. The only thing I added to her piece was the beaver which I received in a swap earlier this year because we keep a stuffed beaver either on or near our china cabinet.  It's the perfect scale!

She tucked in an altered journal, some painted clothespegs that are destined to hold stuff in my crafting space and some of her black salt and four thieves vinegar (!)

She also included a wonderful assortment of papercrafting goodies (including some absolutely gorgeous papers) to get me started because I am a newbie papercrafter. It would probably take me years to collect the goodness she sent me!  It was all tucked into an antique sewing basket which will get put to immediate use as I am currently storing my sewing supplies in an unwieldy tackle box.

I am seriously thankful to have a piece of artwork from my biggest Craftster crush.  Lucky me!!!! Thank you so much, Knickertwist! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2010 09:38:33 AM »

Ooooh all that stuff is great! Super jealous of the papercrafting stuff! Looks like a great start! Plus, that mini cabinet is just fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2010 01:50:53 PM »

faerieknits and I did a personal swap, and I got the cutest sets of hats and scarves for me and my daughter.  Smiley  In exchange, I made her a purse, a bib, a tea wallet, and a set of hot/cold packs.  Here are the hats and scarves:

My daughter in hers (that is my partner beside her, trying to get her to smile, which is nearly impossible with an autistic kid):

And me in mine (aren't mirror pics so fun?):

And the purse I made for faerieknits:

And the other things I made for her:

Faerieknits, you do gorgeous work and I had a really wonderful time swapping with you.  Thank you!  If you have better pictures of your work, please post them!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2010 04:25:50 PM »

That purse so so pretty!  Is the pattern available online anywhere?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Are you good at painting?  I would love some hand painted paintings of Pugs.  PM me and lets talk about a swap!  Smiley

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2010 09:06:03 PM »

leslieyam and I did a great personal inchie swap - 4 artist's choice, and 4 Doctor Who themed.

Seriously cool! The dalek is 3D, and she sent an extra! <3 Thanks again, Leslie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film History Biography of Kathryn Bigelow
Film History Biography of Ray Harryhausen
Film History Biography of Ron Mann
Film History Biography of Sam Raimi
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...