A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2010  (Read 41779 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadore-le-rose
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2010 05:08:12 AM »

I did a personal swap with kayrun, based on the Buy Nothing Swap and we agreed to do a 3 point swap (I think?) and here is what I got- I love it all so much!  Grin

And some close ups:

This scarf is so lovely and soft and the colours are perfect- and kayrun must be a mind reader because I have several blue jackets/coats that this matches perfectly and I need warm scarves for this horrible cold weather we are having in England!

And a terrible action shot to try and show off the colours a bit better!

She also knitted me this gorgeous facecloth, which I think is too pretty to use, so now sits on my dresser underneath a pretty plate I recently painted and they look perfect together!  Smiley

As well as that she also sent me the cutest bow headband, which was something I requested and turned out so perfectly and I have been wearing it so much -I just love it! And also just showing off the cute notecard!

Thank you so much kayrun, this was an amazing swap and I love everything so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2010 06:57:41 PM »

RubyTuesday surprised me with a whole family of tiny safety cones, after I sent her some beads!

So adorable! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2010 07:41:54 PM »

Crazy cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2010 08:12:21 AM »

So blupaisan and I are continuing in private the penpal/penbuddy swap that officially ended not too long ago.  Because it's such a damn cool swap, we just wanted it to keep going!  (Thanks MissEvilPenguin for the GREAT swap!)

So the two of us decided to send a 44cent envelope swap.  Blupaisan already made hers up for me, and here it is!  And what a package.  (Though it actually cost $1.93 to send...and you can see why for sure! lol!)

The whole stash.

Two papercrafting scraps (very pretty!), an interior painting idea card (I'm building a house right now), and a random fact card, with a random fact about Mount Rushmore--and this kills me--the TableTalk random fact card has a typo:  It says "If you could a person from any walk of life to Mount Rushmore, whom would you add?"  Um, I think they mean "If you could add a person..."  lol.  That kills me!

But seriously, whom (oog, such proper grammar, oh TableTalk game!) would I add?  Well, if I said here then BluPaisan it would spoil my answering in Blupaisan's package! lol.  Wink

This most adorable hand-done pastel portrait of one of her kitties (with her penpal letter to me inside)!

Okay.  This ATC ROCKS!  So, dear hubby and I are being terribly unconventional, and are building our house with the shower smack dab in the middle of the kitchen--and this is Blupaisan's interpretation of the situation.  TOo too funny! lol

StampTV stamps; a dictionary page; a page from a book in some slavik language I don't know, but am going to research until I figure out!; and a charming menu.

Puffy stickers (ooo, I love puffy stickers...lingerin g images from childhood sticker collections pop in my head!); a gold embossed metallic paper just calling out to me to be used; and an orange ribbon.

and finally, a whole stash of vintage fabric scraps that I'm already plotting to use; a piece of dazzling yarn; and a cut of lace.

Sadly, a little feather missed the photo shoot.

WHAT an amazing package!  Who would have guessed all that could fit in an envelope!  WOW-o-WOW-o-WOW.

It's a good thing we decided to have me receive before I made hers up!  lol  I am TOTALLY wanting to answer in magnificent kind to her wonderful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2010 12:24:58 PM »

I was one of the lucky recipients of craftylittlemoneky's de-stashing efforts.  And I wanted to share the cool bits she sent.

She sent me 40...yup, forty wee bits of fabric!  This is 38 of the fab bits. And a cool Ami crochet book with some really cute wee Ami.

The other 2 bits of fabric are flannel.  LOVE them both.  Some uber cool buttons and magnets. And a small silver bunny all curled up.  That is really cool cause I'm born in the year of the rabbit.  But my Favo FAVO thing is the EyeFly necklace!! *SSSQQQUUUEEEEEE!!!!*  The eye hangs loose and it makes the niftyest clinky sound.  SO not only do I have an EyeFly, but it talks to me too!!! Grin

I would DEFINatly be helping her move..if I didn't live all the way across the country Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2010 12:52:35 PM »

So, GougeAway and I decided to have a little private handmade art stamp swap.   Theme: things to stamp on the outside of envelopes (GougeAway's idea; and such a good one!) My package arrived and it's just so amazing that I had to rush over here and post it so all you all could get jealous!  lol

Here goes!:

The whole delightful stash!

The adorable handmade stamps.  I love them all and can't wait to use them!  I could heap praise on each one individually, but they just say it for themselves by their amazingness!  Love them!

Such neat and tidy carving!

And now for the extras.  Whee!

Four pieces of flair buttons; a polka dot piece of felt; two delightfully colorful cuts of sweet-themed paper; and Lemon Boy (Go suck on a lemon!  And you can!  He's got a straw and everything!  lol)

A close up of Lemon Boy.  This makes me giggle.  Too cute!

A lovely bookmark, two pretty tags, a little picture, a beautiful blank-paged art book--that I've already got ideas on how to use (which I actually photo-ed upside down and backwords!  oops!)--to see the front of the book look at the top picture on this post.

What a wonderful personal swap!  I absolutely love everything!  Thanks so much GougeAway!  Smiley  Hope you like your package as well!  (Crossed fingers.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2010 06:13:01 AM »

There are so many fab swaps that have happened since I last peeked in on this board. It's so inspiring to see what everyone has been up to!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
hanshotfirst

1.21 gigawatts!

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2010 06:34:20 PM »

I was partnered with applesandpumpkins for the yarnies vs. sewists round 2 swap. I loved the package she sent for me so much that I asked if she wanted to do a personal swap along the same lines. We ended up doing a huge swap, and she sent me tons of awesome stuff.
slippers..

I love love love the colors.

adipose from Doctor Who...

the chubby little fingers and toes just kill me

a giant Kirby!!

It's so awesome! it's huuuge, too. Both of the amigurumis are from patterns that she made up. I can't even crochet a granny square, so I'm extra impressed.

I also got a crocheted cupcake pincushion which has already been put to good use. I'll have to update again with a picture of it because it's really cute.

I hope I didn't make you guys TOO jealous.. I was really lucky to have such an amazing swap partner! The pictures don't even properly portray the extent of the quality of her work, everything is perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2010 05:56:24 PM »

Thanks so much to WideEyedLife! What a fun swap.  WideEyedLife is an excellent carver, check out these skills:

She sent lots of fun local surprises, too!

I hope we can do it again soon, WideEyedLife, you were an awesome swap partner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
Juliana13

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2010 05:40:22 PM »

love the Adipose! i soooo need that pattern for my son!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Benefits of Pomegranates
Glowing Everyday Winter Makeup Tutorial
How to Cover Up Acne and Blemishes
How to Get Graffiti Nails by Expert Katie Jane Hughes
The Secret to Hiding Split Ends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...