A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,536
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mary Ella from Winter Knitty  (Read 5702 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005 01:57:04 PM »

I've got everything to do this project EXCEPT the needles....where did you get them...the only place I can find is online and I hate to order them because of the shipping and handling.  Is there a better place?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gji7
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2005 06:56:30 AM »

I got them at my LYS.  You may have to ask - but they come in a package of 4 and mine were in a different place because they are so small.

I'd love to see pictures of yours when you are done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Evan Esar

Prove to yourself that you can do it. Prove that you were always who you thought you were, not who they said you had to be. - Rachel Snyder
box of purls
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005 03:28:53 PM »

oh..I've checked my nearest yarn store (it's 2 hours away) and they didn't have them anymore.  I'm going to have to order them.  But hopefully they'll get here soon, and I'll post mine when I'm done.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005 08:41:01 PM »

Okay so I have ordered the needles off Ebay and they should be here any day.
I decided to see if I could start any of it..as I knew the beads had to be put on the thread.  Well i got the beads put on the thread and it says to transfer them to the cotton.  I'm lost at this point.  I'm not sure how they mean.  Any help would be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravishing Jane
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005 10:10:34 AM »

That is stunning!  I'm going to try and make one for my moms birthday.  I have yet to knit anything with beads... I hope I can handle it.
Jane
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to know about handmade, and not to support handmade, is not to know.
http://www.ravishingjane.com
gji7
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2005 07:16:08 AM »

Okay so I have ordered the needles off Ebay and they should be here any day.
I decided to see if I could start any of it..as I knew the beads had to be put on the thread.  Well i got the beads put on the thread and it says to transfer them to the cotton.  I'm lost at this point.  I'm not sure how they mean.  Any help would be appreciated.

The easiest way to get the beads on the pearl cotton is to use a beading needle and simple string them.  If you have already strung them on thread, you can simply hold the thread taught and run the beading needle up the beads on the thread and transfer them over.  The directions say to tie the thread and the cotton together and transfer them, but I didn't have big enough bead holes to get them over the knot.  If your bead holes are big enough, that would be a simple method! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Evan Esar

Prove to yourself that you can do it. Prove that you were always who you thought you were, not who they said you had to be. - Rachel Snyder
box of purls
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005 03:41:32 PM »

Oh...the holes in my beads were too small to get them over any size knots, so I got some bigger ones and I got them strung.  Now I'm just waiting for my needles to show up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alexa511
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005 09:24:39 PM »

OK, I must locate some 0000 needles and get started on that immediately.  I don't know how I managed to miss that one on knitty!

Man, that's exquisite.

Knitpicks has these:
http://www.knitpicks.com/tools/tools_home.asp?wci=needle_list&searchType=Category&VendorID=199&categories=041&titleName=Carol%27s%20Sockery&titleType=Needles
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005 09:46:45 PM »

That's on my project list.. yours turned out great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravishing Jane
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005 09:05:22 AM »

HELP! Huh
I have begun knitting my mary ella and am having a crap time dealing with it.  I'm using size 11 seed beads and the 8 string like the pattern calls for, but my beads keep on getting all jumbled around in the stitches.  They don't lay out straight and flat like all the photos I've seen.  I've tried making my stitches tighter and looser, but neither seems to help.  Any suggestions???

Jane
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to know about handmade, and not to support handmade, is not to know.
http://www.ravishingjane.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot On HuffPost Books
Amy McNamara Shares Lovely, Dark and Deep
The Self Defeating Myths of Change
The Many Moods of Cheat
Peter Ames Carlin on His New Bruce Springsteen Biography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...