A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 316,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
350 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly Character Cross Stitch  (Read 21249 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv , cross_stitch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010 06:38:27 PM »

Very cute !!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violyns
where do we go from here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010 08:24:38 PM »

I tweeted about this (cuz it's freakin adorable) and included Nathan, Adam, Jewel, and Shawna Trpcic in on it.  Shawna immediately retweeted it:

trpcic:  Cute! RT @violyns: ADORABLE: http://bit.ly/bT1oo6 @nathanfillion @adamsbaldwin @jewelstaite @trpcic

Shawna, for those of you who don't know, was the costume designer for the series!  Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~mia
Vanillyz
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010 05:38:54 AM »

That is just TOO cute  Cheesy! I love the expression on little Jayne's and Mal's faces. And what a lovely use of colours; they look so vibrant and match so well (the gradient on the lettering looks wonderful too). Great job Smiley!

And how kind of you to donate it to the B.C. Browncoats's silent auction  Smiley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebluegirl
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010 09:33:31 AM »

*Squeals* So in love with this.  My favourite has to be Jayne and his (in)famous hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010 12:00:14 PM »

Wash and River really come through very well. They all do, but those two really stand out. I love the look on Mal's face, and the thread combo you used to make Kaylee's jumpsuit. Fantastic!

Thanks for saying that Wash looked good, he was the one I was most worried about. It's really hard to replicate a Hawaiian shirt in cross stitch. I actually put him right next to Zoe so it would be extra clear it was him.

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words, and a special thank you to violyns for tweetibng this to the show stars.

I'm hoping to put the patterns up on my blog (for free) later this month. I don't have PC Stitch or any other cross stitch software. I drew the patterns out by hand on graph paper and some have so many eraser marks (especially River's hair) that I want to redraw some of them. Still, look for them coming soon.

Thanks again everyone,
amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
bearbear
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010 01:21:48 PM »

Holy crap. Incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ideally, I'd be covered in glue & face paint right now.
Sandroo

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010 07:41:02 PM »

greatest.quote. from. the . show. ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fluffybookfaerie
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010 08:06:29 AM »

That is EPIC! I wuv Jayne especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Karencrafts
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010 02:20:18 AM »

Wow, I love it. It's so cute. It's seeing designs like this that make me want to take up cross stitch again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amber555
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010 01:58:30 PM »

Thanks again to everyone for all the compliments! Just wanted to mention that the patterns for all the male characters are now posted (for free) on my blog (http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/2010/02/men-of-firefly-free-cross-stitch.html). I'll have the female characters posted soon too, I'm still tinkering with them a bit.

Enjoy!
amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...