A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 22 (signups closed) (send by March 1)  (Read 39660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goodmorningstarshine
Your face, your race, the way that you talk, I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk

Addicted to craft stores...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2010 01:47:11 PM »

The frugal swap has got me thinking more about eating in or at least planning ahead and taking food with me when I run errands.  So, this round for me is all about helping me prepare lunch and snacks to go.  And well, since it's a swap, I've got to request some fun stuff just because.  I can't wait to start swapping.  Still some more time to get more cool offerings, too.

That's pretty smart. I can just never think far enough ahead to bring food out with me. Even when I make my lunch I forget it.

The reason I decided to make the flatwear rolls was because of all the plastic wear I noticed I was throwing away when I had breakfast and lunch at work. It made me feel guilt. Just putting flatwear in my desk wasn't working because they'd get lost or dirty and I'd just grab plastic because it was more convienent. (I'm lazy)

The Generation T book suggested carrying the flatwear roll in your purse or bag so you'll always be prepared, but I don't carry a bag. I just keep my roll in my desk, and I've used it a ton this week. I don't want to mess up my roll, so I wash the flatwear as soon as I use it and put it back. This week I've spared the environment at least 2 plastic knives, 4 plastic forks, and 3 plastic spoons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there
And all the fat-skinny people, and all the tall-short people
And all the nobody people, and all the somebody people
I never thought I'd need so many people
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2010 01:59:26 PM »

Rock on!  Frugal and your saving the environment.  I always keep a stash of snacks in my car.  It keeps the rugrats from getting too crabby.  I'd never had a flatware roll before and now that I've got one both of my girls want one.  Hopefully I'll get one of yours, otherwise I'll have to get on the ball and make them myself.  Not a bad thing, it's just one of those so many things to craft, so little time, sort of things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2010 03:41:57 PM »

I'm going to finish up making my wallets today then I will post pictures of all of them hopefully later today!  Smiley

I specifically didn't buy a wallet today hoping for one of yours! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
kwiltykate
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2010 05:43:11 PM »

I have been eyeing this one off for a while, and finally just PMed my signup (hope I get approved!)

I am offering CUTE CUDDLY TEDDY BEARS!! There will be 5 of them, unless of course there is overwhelming interest - I can make 10 Smiley
Size approx 40cm/15in from nose to toe.

I am using up leftover fleece from other projects, so colours will mainly be pale - i have plenty of cream, pink, and blue - also a few bright and funky's so I will see what I can come up with.

They will come with matching bow around neck, but I won't fix it on in case you want to remove it for small children.

Keep it for yourself or give to a special little one Smiley

I will craft and post more pics when I get approved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2010 05:48:10 PM »

Eeeeek! My daughter just had a baby, I would love to get one for her  Grin They are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
kwiltykate
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2010 05:54:20 PM »

Looks like I got approved while I was typing prev msg! will try to have all pics up in a few days, or at least the colours they will be made from

k x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BertaBerta
Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2010 06:55:38 PM »

Okay guys - I have a question:

This is my first Sweat Shoppe Swap, and I think I understand the swap mechanic, but I'm not clear on how it works with being specific about the item you want.  Are you supposed to be super specific on your wishlist - like, "Kanzashi Hairpins - Blue Wave Fabric," or do you just put "Kanzashi Hairpins" on your list, then, if you actually get them, tell the crafter which color or style you'd like?

I think it's cool that people are showing all the different options for their items, and I'd like to do something similar.  I just want to make sure I understand how we're deciding who gets what so that I can make my offerings as clear as possible.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bold, One of a Kind Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns: bertaberta.etsy.com
GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2010 07:05:24 PM »

Basically, everyone sends me a top picks list anytime between now and feb 15th at 10pm eastern.  I can not accept any late top picks lists.

If you are offering 5 items, then you send your 7 favorite items in the order you like them to me.  No preferences should be listed. That is between you and your swap partner after everything is matched up.  If you are offering 10 items, then you send your 13 favorite items.

It should looks similar to this:

1. (your username) name of person making the item you want - name of item you want
2. (your username) name of person making the item you want - name of item you want
etc.

example:
1. (GatorWrangler) Jane Doe - star necklace
2. (GatorWrangler) John Doe - crochet scarf
etc.

and if someone is offering 2 kinds of items and it is listed next to their name as (5/5), then each item counts as a separate selection. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2010 08:12:02 PM »

ooooo, kwiltykate - my wonderful friend just. gave. birth. TODAY!  how perfect Smiley Smiley Smiley  i will totally be on line to snag one of those for her new daughter.  awesome timing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
zkatom
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2010 08:22:30 PM »

The teddy bear is so cute!

Here is half of what I'm offering - the five crocheted hats:

The color is eh, the brown and black hats are pretty close, but the one on the bottom right is a nice purple more like this picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Half-Up Updo
How to Do a Low Ponytail
How to Manage Long Hair in Hot Weather
How to Style Long Hair to Look Short
How to Condition Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...