A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: elvis has left the building  (Read 900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2010 05:26:45 PM »

so... my aunt calls me up not so long ago and tells me the local fabric shop has elvis fabric. i had seen it (hubby loved it, i said NO) and thought... what sort of person really wants an elvis quilt in neon 80's colours?  turns out my young cousin does that's who.

so auntie bought the fabric and i made the quilt for her birthday in june.  since there was lots of fabric left over i also threw together a big zippy pouch/make up bag, a change purse and a tote bag...
i don't have a pic of the back but it was much more neutral, sort of tealy and beige elvii instead of neon. 
the green blocks are elvis heads and the other block is a hot pink silhouette elvis on green...

the aunt picked up her parcel the other day and actually squealed with delight... nice Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010 06:01:07 PM »

Fabulous! My MIL would die if she saw this. Her #1 is really The Beatles, but Elvis is in close second. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daisy2799
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010 08:46:51 PM »

it is so bright and just wonderful.  it really makes me smile.  Neon takes me back hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010 08:46:47 AM »

LOVE IT!  Simple and fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vwbuggirlie
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010 10:14:04 AM »

Fantastic!

Who makes this fabric? I am thinking this might be an interesting way to commemorate in in-law's time in Vegas. They've lived there the past 7 years and are getting rid of nearly everything and moving to American Samoa in June (halfway between Hawaii & New Zealand). Yes, crazy I know! Anyone looking to adopt 2 golden retrievers?

Sorry for the randomness of that entire comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blogging about crafting to keep out of (much) trouble: http://craftyjennifer.blogspot.com/
grammardog
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010 07:34:33 PM »

Ha!  I bought the exact same fabric to do the exact same thing, but never got around to it.  It looks wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010 08:13:51 PM »

i'm not sure who makes the fabric but a google search for 'elvis fabric' turns up dozens of hits...  but i wish i had found the blue hawaii stuff instead of jailhouse rock....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
molly_np
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010 08:30:04 PM »

This has inspired me to delve into my stash of Elvis fabrics. My fil would love this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Christmas Scarf
How to Crochet Fab Faux Scarf
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...