A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,142
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For the love of Faeries swap sign up Feb 2-12th and New sendouts April 5th  (Read 25528 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 02, 2010 09:24:40 AM »

“turn your cloaks for fairy folks are in old oaks'' --Old English rhyme

Come hop into the faerie ring *ring of mushrooms* or come listen to the sweet faerie music of the old times in the faerie mounds, or get lead into the forest by the faeries and come dance a day in all of your life with the faeries.  Actually this swap won't take that long. But This swap is to honor the love of all things faeries. Faeries are the good neighbors they are ones to be highly respected and regarded. Some are extremely beautiful and sweet while others are vial and vicious and ugly creatures that do very bad things.( I just got visited by the bad faeries i just did this whole post and somehow it just got deleted and boy i was feelin something ill towards them...) Basically this is a swap honoring the inner changeling, Faerie, Faerie loving feelings inside us! You can craft anything faerie-esc like clothing, poppets, dolls, bags, art, paper crafts, faerie houses, faerie garden decor, home decor....you get the picture you creative craftster you! And this isn't limited to any old faeries its also includes their family. For the realm of faerie aren't just the wing butterfly creatures they have their cousins the mermaids, nymphs, dryads, brownies, gnomes, fauns, green man and green woman, mushroom people. They are all part of the faerie clan.  http://faecyclopedia.tripod.com/navigate.html ( the letters are at the top of the site page to start looking on the faerie folk) There could be a certain artist or faerie author you love mine is Brian Froud and Charles De Lint for example. You might like movies with Faeries in them like The Fair Folk or The Fairy Tale or the Labyrinth ( I thought faeries did sweet things like granting wishes...) Or Peter Pan or Pinocchio...or the new TinkerBell movie (if your into that sort of thing) maybe your a lover of the Faerieworlds festival or Faerie con or other faerie type festivals. or you just love faeries they are quite good for the environment. I could ramble on for hours but we need to get this post on the road. we will have plenty of time to talk about our love of Fae!

This swap is gonna be open to all countries *please specify if you are willing to ship to another country*, and be open to all ages * if you are gonna make a nude faerie please make sure your partner is of age and wants to receive something like that) make sure and take time to get to know your partner and craft a really good personal package of their likes. *please don't just throw something together have fun with this if you feel u need more info ASK THEM! (I had a girl in another swap receive a very *Cold* package meaning she made it totally unpersonalized and poorly like she just threw it together and sent out late even) and make sure that you have a good wist or a list of what you like give a lot of info TALK their heads off so they don't feel they are crafting for a white padded cell? lol YOU WILL NEED TO POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK with progress * you don't have to write a novel just check in ok? Please communicate with your partner crafting is a very spiritual thing and your making a friend! I will need DC CODES!!   ok.....

This swap is gonna be *** 1 Large ****1-2 mediums ( talk with your partner and tell me what your gonna do)***2 smalls**** and if you wanna gift with extra faerie gifties your more than welcome to but not necessary

COPY AND PASTE ALL OF THIS TEXT INTO YOUR POST

Swap name: For the love of Faeries swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:woodland_faerie
Sign-up date range:2-02-2-12
Date to send item by:3-29 (changed to April 5th due to students in school and i lost alot of electricty for about a week at home!)

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement?no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
ADD OTHER SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HERE...

1. Do you Believe in Faeries?

2.What type of Faerie's are your favorite: try to list 3

3. What kind of faerie friends do you like? mushrooms, oak trees acorns forest creatures....ect

4. DO you have any faerie stories of seeing them? or any favorite old  faerie folk tale?

5. What type of crafts do you do?

6. Are you opposed to nudity?

7. What are your favorite things about faeries?

8. Do you have any certain authors or artist you may like?

9.  Do you go to faerie festivals or do you dress up or children?

10. What are you looking to get out of this swap?

11. What don't you want from this swap?

12. What are your favorite colors?

13. Any allergies or things you absolutley hate?

14. Any additions here ( like your sizes your likes and dislikes more about you )

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

AND REMEMBER CHILDREN WHEN IN FAERIE LAND DO NOT EVER EAT NOR DRINK OF THE FAE FOOD FOR IT IS GLAMOUR AND THEY WILL KEEP YOU IN FAERIE LAND FOREVER I REPEAT FOREVER!!!!!! this has been a public service announcement of woodland faerie no faeries we harmed or hurt in this announcement any faerie was used in this announcement was fiction so any that are familiar is strict conscience thank you and good night SIGN UP NOW!!!!!!

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1. woodland_faerie
2. MadGypsy
3.Hadassah (we will teach you the fae way!)
4. Parallax
5. brunette_bombshell
6. scaramouche
7. Foxy Sam (the good faeries love you)
8. kmichele_craftyfae
9. MoonRaven ( swap virgin) Cheesy
10. Imagine (welcome back to the swap swamp yo)
11. Ffrogg526
12.Miss Barbara
13. Moxy Fire (swap virgin)
14.aisy
15. jennilocker
16. starmumplus

PARTNERS!!!!!

Parallax---woodland_faerie
Imagine---Moxy Fire
scaramouche--- Foxy Sam
Hadassah--- Aisy
starmumplus---jennilocker
Moon Raven---kmichele_craftyfae  
brunette_bombshell--Miss Barbara
Ffrogg526---Mad Gypsy

FUTURE GALLERY LINK: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=337308.0
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010 12:27:11 PM by woodland_faerie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
roccstarr75
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010 10:23:26 AM »

"or the new TinkerBell movie (if your into that sort of thing)"

hahaha... you make Tink sound like the white trash of the fairy world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010 10:35:19 AM »

I just get annoyed by all the "Pixie with Attitude" or "Brat" shirts and its a little lame for me tee hee...i mean my daughter likes her and i don't mind her liking her *there are far worse things in the forest*  But i guess if i had to like the whole disney type pixie thing i related to Faun the most....Tinkerbell was well a little to selfish and the pom poms kinda made me want to barf lol.... Tongue but hey its tinks thing then its tinks thang
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
MadGypsy
Crazy new age art nerd hippie love lunatic

I love artists. You are my people.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010 10:39:13 AM »

I'm so in on this. And I kinda dig Tink. I can see how its the "white trash of the fairy world" but I dunno I think that its a nice direction to see Disney going in. Better than the whole bratty Disney Princess thing. I'd rather them inspiring little girls to run around pretending to be fairies bringing the seasons, than be a damsel in distress princess waiting for her prince charming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See the happy moron, he doesn't give a damn. I wish I could be a moron. My God! Perhaps I am!

http://madgypsy.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/madgypsy
http://madgypsystudio.blogspot.com/

I love personal swaps
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010 10:42:45 AM »

yeah i Know what you mean MadG- Tink has a place in my heart but its something im not big on advertising! lol...I do have a shirt i wear to bead that has an old time drawing of her in a sewing box with spolls of thread scissors and a thimble that i like (cause i like sewing and i dig the old peter pan cartoon) I just don't Prefer to have anything else that is what im tryin to say! lol I do dig the little mermaid too. lol....We are gonna have a good round got some good mind speakers already i like it! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010 11:08:35 AM »

I also love bitey too MadGypsy. If i had to relate to 2 cartoon faeries the most it would be Faun from Tinkerbell and Crysta.  I have this really old cartoon done by the inspiration of Brian Froud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwNJfs9O8RI&feature=related ( u can watch it on youtube in 3 parts they arent to long) I am a huge fan of faeries. My husband has been trying to teach my son to nurf gun my faeries but i told him i will get the faeries after him! tee hee im sorry im crazy thats what happens when your a changeling born in a human world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MadGypsy
Crazy new age art nerd hippie love lunatic

I love artists. You are my people.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010 11:42:48 AM »

omg I LOVE Crysta. That's it. I am going to put on Fernegully today while I work.  Grin I love the grandmother character Magi. Old storyteller characters are my absolute favorites. Like I ADORE grandmother willow in Pocahontas but that's also because I so love dryads. I am such a fool for fantasy  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See the happy moron, he doesn't give a damn. I wish I could be a moron. My God! Perhaps I am!

http://madgypsy.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/madgypsy
http://madgypsystudio.blogspot.com/

I love personal swaps
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010 12:25:19 PM »

Hm, I might need to wait for feedback on another swap before I sign up for this one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010 01:35:54 PM »

i sure hope you can join us man i make it sound like a cult a cult of faerie loving craft worshippers whip out the white robes and wings and the magic coolaide Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeannebaby1

I'm cute and fluffy!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010 02:11:09 PM »

Smiley  Oh I would love to do this. Need to rearrange time in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No body move!! I dropped my brain.
"Chase the morning..."-Blind Mag
"Fire bad, tree pretty."-Buffy

My Esty Shop.....
http://www.twosumowrestlers.etsy.com

My blog, I don't do much with. It's new.
http://between-asleep-and-awake.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Susannah Cahalan on Her Book "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness"
Sheryl Brady Presents Her Book "You Have It In You"
Alfie Boe Discusses His Autobiography, "My Story"
Authors Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian on Their Novel "Burn for Burn"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...