A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toronto craft fair  (Read 7834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elbow in the spine
« on: September 04, 2004 07:50:05 PM »

alright, I'm seriously considering organizing a craft fair for craftsters in the Toronto area.  First I need to see if there is enough of an interest in this, and second I need suggestions for venues. 

I looked into the north building at St. Lawrence market, but they have strange hours, either 8am - 4pm or 5pm - 1am.  Plus with the farmer's market on saturday it cuts down on availabilty. 

Also my friend had a jewellery launch at The Church at Berkeley and it seemed like a nice place, however i'm not sure about the parking situation, and that can be important for customer traffic.
Any other suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chikki sixx
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004 09:45:06 AM »

I would totally be interested.  as for venues, I know the church of craft had a rock and roll craft fair at the gladstone hotel, it was great!  St lawrence market would be good.  I'll think about it and get back to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tikibird

crazy... but not cruel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004 12:07:36 PM »

Crafty fun fair in TO would be great!

I am interested but can't fully commit 100% to anything since I work 2 jobs at the moment. But please keep me posted!

As for locations, what about the Distillery District? (too much $$$?) Another option is one of those street festival/sidewalk sales such as the one coming up in BloorWest Village.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make crafts...not war!
elbow in the spine
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004 09:29:43 AM »

i'm not sure about the distillery district, i'm assuming it's too expensive, but they have many different options for venues within the area, so i'll try to look into it some more.
Anyone on this board help with the organization of the one at the Gladstone?  It looks like a cool place, just wondered what the capacity was, how the company was with the idea, were they nice folks?  etc. etc. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dollparts
bag lady

rawwwr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004 09:38:08 AM »

i would definatly be interested. i can't think of any venues that would be cheap... could you rent a park or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.petrifiedbaggage.com
---------------------------------------------
super funky, one-of-a-kind handmade bags!
elbow in the spine
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004 09:54:20 AM »

parks we could do... that just means that it would definitely have to be next summer... and if this summer's weather has been any indication that could be a little hit or miss... but it's for sure cheap.  I also looked into community centres, which doesn't limit us weather wise and seems to be just as cheap, but I think that's the kind of thing where Im going to have to go around and scout places to see what they're really like, and then see if they have anything available to rent.  Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherrybombsecretar
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004 12:39:19 PM »

I would also be really interested.  The 'dude' show and others tend to be expensive and exclusive.  Could you rent out a legion hall or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherrybombboutique
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004 01:33:15 PM »

Hey me too!
We could make a night of it...get some bands to play and such.  There a lots of venues large and cheap enough I'm sure.  Do like the Ladyfesters (ladyfest.ca) do...maybe they'd be interested in doing a "craftster" night.

Cherrybomb "President"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dollparts
bag lady

rawwwr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004 04:23:37 PM »

yeah, even if it was a big rec room we could decorate it w/cheap fabric or something. also - if you decide to definatly do it, make sure to give us enough notice because it'll take a while to get all ready.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.petrifiedbaggage.com
---------------------------------------------
super funky, one-of-a-kind handmade bags!
elbow in the spine
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004 06:13:07 PM »

awesome, i'd never heard of the ladyfesters before... looks like they used the gladstone for a venue, so maybe it's not that expensive...

oh, and i'll be sure to give you lots and lots of notice and not just pop up one day and say oh, it's next week.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Aerial Photography Rig with a Disposable Camera
How to Make a Bokeh Lens
How to Take Better Pictures
How to Avoid Red Eye in Photos
How to Find Studio Photography Jobs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...