A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I LOVE SHOPPING! Reusable Shopping Bag from Repurposed Materials - Lot O Pics!  (Read 13876 times)
Tags for this thread: shopping_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2010 05:45:27 PM »

Ok so I thought I'd better enter this now before I keep seeing amazing entries and get discouraged Smiley
This is my first contest entry and when I saw what this month's contest was I knew right away what I wanted to do!!
Ya know when you buy pillows, new sheets, blankets, etc... they come in those plastic sometimes zippered bags. Well I just can never throw them away! This year my DH and I got new pillows for Xmas so I saved the plastic bags in my to use someday bin.

This bag is made using one of those plastic bag covers. I saved the zipper for future use someday.....
It's about the size of a paper bag and about the same shape. I used only what I had on hand to make the bag and was rapidly running out of thread. I think I cleaned out every spool and bobbin I had so there are probably at least 5 different colors of thread holding this together! But I think it adds to the look a bit. I straight stitched and zig zag stitched to make it more durable. I added a thick cardboard base so it would be sturdier. And after finishing it, it looked so boring so I raided my magazine stash and I collaged the front and back of the bag with random words from magazines. The words all have something to do with shopping, reusing, recycling etc... The words were taped on first with just ordinary scotch tape and then protected and covered with packing tape. Enjoy!!!!!! Sorry so wordy Smiley

UPDATE: Some of my pics are lost and I am also in the process of moving pics so these are the only two I have of this project:

Thanks for looking!!!! Oh and I forgot to take a picture but it folds up just like a paper bag Smiley

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011 01:12:55 PM by lindsycarranza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010 05:55:54 PM »

brilliant! looks like it was a lot of fun to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010 06:19:53 PM »

That is seriously cute! I love the collage - that just makes it way cool. I now have an idea. The smaller bags a set of sheets comes in? You could make it a lunch bag and put food photos and words on it. It would be really fun.

I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010 06:24:10 PM »

Thank you ladies! I did actually have a lot of fun putting it together, it was fun watching it all come together! Now I can't wait to use it! That lunch bag idea would be super cute too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
plumbucket

Guard girl/Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010 06:42:37 PM »

That's so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Guardie for life.

I am really interested in doing a personal swap, especially for greener things like reusable lady items, wool dryer balls, or other such things.  I can knit, sew, draw, and put things together in pretty neat ways.  Please PM me if you're interested.
Kaseyana
The Fashionable Blogging Vegetarian

Life is too short to wear boring clothes.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010 06:48:59 PM »

very cute! and good upcycling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010 06:54:19 PM »

Thanks Girls! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gannon
Those who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person doing it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010 07:16:34 PM »

Neat--looks like you bought an expensive one.  Great repurposing job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can read this, thank a teacher! 

Visit my blog :  http://clayplaycafe.blogspot.com
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010 07:29:37 PM »

Thank You So Much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yzzilnoaj
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010 07:36:57 PM »

What a really creative idea!  Awesome job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Raspberry-Ricotta Ice Cream Recipe
Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Crisp Recipe
How to Make a 4th of July Cherry Pie Cake
How to Make Ice Cream Cake Cones
No-Bake Chocolate Wafer Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...