A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Roots - An Herbalism Swap R2 (NEW SEND-OUT - April 9, 2010)  (Read 21810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2010 08:59:52 AM »

I'll have to stew that one for a little while, DDL!  Both rounds have worked wonderfully for me   Wink  Did you get your seeds from MRH/Horizon Herbs?  I ordered a catalogue from HH and have been flipping back and forth through it... there's sooooo many things in there!!  Shocked  I was thinking about getting some of those seeds you mentioned, but was also worried that they may not grow.  I'm sure it'd be fun trying, though!! 

Has any one ever tried to grow tobacco?  They mass produce it around where I live and spray the shit out of it.... obviously I don't want to spray it and was wondering if they really get bugs that bad or if it's just those silly little farmers wanting to kill us all!  Cheesy  BTW, I'm talking about something like the Hopi Ceremonial and it's not for me  Wink  DH smokes and I'd like to grow some for him to try  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
dreadlocklove
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2010 09:31:00 AM »

I just don't want anyone getting bored!

I bought all of the seeds through Richter's last year but only got around to sowing a few types of plants.  We ended up renovating our basement last summer and hardly spent any time outside.  The stevia seeds were purchased through MRH because Richter's didn't have any in stock.  I also bought some wild tobacco seeds (through Richter's) for my boyfriend but we never got around to setting up our grow room and so the packet remains unopened.

If there are any specific seeds you're interested in from the list and that I have leftover, I would mind sending them to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
greenfaerie
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2010 09:59:13 AM »

Jenna,  I haven't grown tobacco, but I come from a long line of NC tobacco growers.  Supposedly, it's actually easy, and doesn't require that much spraying (they, as usual, are just being shortsighted about making as much money as possible in the short term), and keep in mind a healthy plant repels bugs better than a sickly one.  I think an uncle recently grew his own tobacco crop, and he gardens organically out of laziness.  (However it gets him to go organic is fine by me, lol)  Just be careful if your hubby goes out to the tobacco patch, the tobacco mosaic virus is spread by smokers who haven't washed their hands touching the crops.  Have him wash up and not smoke out there around tomatoes, potatoes, and all those other nightshade family things.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2010 10:07:45 AM »

Also, I forgot to mention that on the topic of an MRH co-op, it occurred to me that I live in Canada and it would probably be most costly to Americans if I were to organize/host one.  I do have a lot of MRH herbs, spices, etc and sprouting seeds from a Canadian company already that I've bought for my business and if anyone is interested in those, I can try to give an awesome discount and you wouldn't have to order a minimum quantity OR we can order from a Canadian company that everyone is happy with and I can host that.  Or we can still do MRH...  And for our swaps, it may be financially helpful to order together and save cash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2010 11:11:39 AM »

I'll be shipping on Friday as well. The two girls getting sick at the same time really put a pinch on my crafting time. BLAH! I'm crafting like mad to finish up, in order to send out on Friday. Okay .. enough chatter from me .. off to the kitchen to finish today's crafts.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
donniesgirl
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2010 06:02:51 PM »

I love this swap but I am going into swap retirement since I am preggo & DH's dad is v ill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lylanni
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2010 07:12:38 PM »

Package was sent earlier today!  I hope it lives up to the rest of them lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #307 on: April 08, 2010 08:15:52 PM »

I sent both of my packages today Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2010 06:16:42 AM »

Husband is taking the package to the PO this morning, I'll PM the DC later today.  I hope everything is up to par.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2010 06:46:17 AM »

ariaya and donniesgirl, I have posted your positive feedback.

To all other participants that have not yet sent, TODAY IS SEND-OUT DAY!  I'm keeping track of shipping, receipt, late send-outs, etc, in the gallery so please check there to ensure your status is accurate.  Some of you have already notified me about sending late and that's totally fine with me.  If you are sending late though, keep in mind that I am required to give temporary negative feedback after a certain period of time (I have to re-check the rules) despite good communication about being late.

I've just finished taking pictures and now have to print off one label and write my note.  I'll be sending this evening after my boyfriends gets home from work.  Can you believe we go about a foot or more of snow yesterday!  I'm not walking in that with two kids in a stroller!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010 06:46:54 AM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Most Genius, Noncommittal Way to Color Your Hair
5 Holiday Hairstyles You Must Try Now
How To Recreate Gorgeous Celebrity Hairstyles At Home
Frederic Fekkai on AOL BUILD
A Stunning Hair Transformation for One Amish Woman
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...