A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thanks to Alexus1325! My shirt is cute!  (Read 1870 times)
Tags for this thread: recon , reconstructed , shirt_recon , tutorial_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 01, 2010 09:47:10 AM »

I got this shirt while working at a Chris Tomlin Concert early last year. I loved the words but they only had it in a XXL. I got it anyway because I KNEW I could recon it. Problem was I couldn't decide WHAT to do to it! lol

Well when Alexus1325 posted her shirt here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336036.new
I knew what I wanted to do. And she was really sweet and shared how she did her shirt!
So Here's mine. I promise I did measure apparently the shirt was not only sewn slightly crooked before I cut it but they printed the text on without it being centered. *sigh*
I still love it though!

Oh my photography assistant (AKA hubby) Is not in at the moment so the "action shot" has no face Sorry about that!

I'd love comments! any comments on how you think of it! Also Any tips on sewing elastic in sleeves better would be greatly appreciated! I made a channel using scraps becasue just sewing it on did not work as planned. lol

Looks like I need to see my chiropractor I'm totally out of alignment...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010 09:48:42 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010 10:35:22 AM »

EEEEEEEEEEEE! OMG, I'm so happy to see it turned out great!!!!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I NEED to make myself another!

BTW, don't feel bad about the elastic Tongue I had to redo the elastic on the second sleeve.

Oh my gosh, it's just so darned cute, I keep scrolling to look at the pix again Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010 10:39:38 AM »

EEEEEEEEEEEE! OMG, I'm so happy to see it turned out great!!!!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I NEED to make myself another!

BTW, don't feel bad about the elastic Tongue I had to redo the elastic on the second sleeve.

Oh my gosh, it's just so darned cute, I keep scrolling to look at the pix again Tongue

I have one solid green big shirt too that someone gave me to recon and I'm considering doing the same thing to it!
Now If only spring would come a bit quicker! We had snow this weekend so I'm thinking either layering or waiting till spring....

Thanks so much for sharing how to do it! I totally love how girly it looks and the "cut" is so flattering!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rauni
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010 11:08:21 AM »

Oh, so cute!  I have to try this, thanks for the inspiration, you did a terrific job! ~stops working to plan t-shirt surgery~

Rauni Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shirley Jones Talks About Her Memoir
The Life of a Tudor-Era Chambermaid
Female Romance Novelists Embrace Writing About Gay Relationships
Gay Romance Novels
Author Revealed: Spencer Quinn
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...