A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 55 - DONE  (Read 21148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2010 05:52:41 PM »

I claim 6iggle for a charm bracelet (no plastic charms please!)

This is my 5th claim, 4 sent, 3 received.

Hi! I'm Roxanne and I love craftsters!! I have a great hubby and a daughter Lana who is 5.5---6 in June!  She's almost out of Kindergarten!  I can't believe it. I'm originially from Hawaii and was brought up watching Kikaida and Kamen Rider V3.   Grin I love to read and eat chocolate.  Craftwise I am an avid beader, feltie and stuffies maker (I love making felt food), and all around dabbler. 

I'm in Maryland, USA!!

Things I love: fun things, Japanese things, Totoro, happy colors, mod/retro designs. 

Thank you in advance for choosing me!!   Grin Grin

Crafts:

- a well sewn knitting needle holder for my massive collection of dpns and circulars *big wish*

- knit hat with a brim (please see my wists)

- sewn dress size 8 kids

- Embroidered tee size 8-10 kids: anything fun!  kawaii animals: unicorn, butterflies, ladybugs

- knit socks for Lana *big wish*.  She has big size 1 kids feet!  Smiley  She loves bright and fun colors!

Craft Supplies:

- handspun yarn...would esp love turquiose and red combo

- roving in bright colors for spinning or needle felting

- Clover felting needle refills (strong needles prefered)

- fun plastic charms, vintage or mod!

- rubber/clear stamps: Alice in Wonderland would be esp. awesome, robots too, nice large leaves (2.5 inches-3.5 inches), fun birds, swirls

- Diamond glaze

- a bias tape maker

- colorful plastic/lucite sewing buttons

- lucite flower beads that are stackable BIG WISH!

- fabrics on my wist

- Japanese print fabrics!

- sterling silver round blanks for metal stamping

- copper chain or sterling silver chain

- small glass leaves to make a tree of life sculpture with 5-7mm please

My wist is here: http://www.wists.com/atsuko 

Extras:

- copies of patterns (simple sewing bags, crochet animals, beading) that you want to share.  Smiley

I collect crochet toy books and Japanese felt and beading books and would appreciate any that you'd like to share with me. Used is great!!

Thanks in advance for choosing me!!  Follow your passion.  If there is something awesome that is your specialty and it's not on this list PM me with your ideas.  I might just love it!  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010 06:06:06 PM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

frosty772

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2010 12:23:30 AM »

Im going to claim atsuko for a dress for lana!!

This is my third claim
Two have been sent
None have been received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 37 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
Anything off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

I would love some soft wool socks!!
Chocolate brown snood in a 40s style (prefer a crochet or knitted tie versus elastic (stays on better)
Knitted or crocheted beret hat in a dark color with a nice soft yarn
I have a weird obsession with knitted cuffs!! I love them!!  Chocolate brown, red, white, mustard yellow.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Apron!!  Even though I sew them would love to see what others come up with!!  I would also like two childrens apron (both are under 12yrs old)  transformers and spiderman a plus!! (one claim at a time is fine needless to say  Cheesy)

New purse (same reason as above!!!)  I also am in need of a large school bag/tote!!  The strap on mine is starting to come loose.

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!  Im needing a new one!!

Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Regency or Victorian era Reticule

Petticoat either knee or ankle length !!  (Im 5'5 email for length) (recieved one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

Victorian slipper.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a asian ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.

Bath bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well
. Im good for now!! Thanks!!

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).

Lavender sachets for my dresser drawers (ive received some but im addicted lol!!  I even hang them near open windows   Grin)

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

I would love a sign for my bathroom door that says "Powder Room" in a very girly style.

Im looking for a serving tray that I can bring snacks from the kitchen to the living room.  Asian or victorian influence a real plus.

Im also looking for a picture frame.  about 1.5 inches or more wide on the sides.  What I would like is a thin wooden back fitted to it. I dont need the glass for it.  An old vintage frame would be prefered for this.  Im going to use it as a center piece tray for candles (if you can visualize it will lay flat on the table) I can take a pic of the pic in my book if you would like to see my inspiration.

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love a chantilane.  However im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from like antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ .. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003
Simplicity~~
McCalls~~

Fabric Mystery Bundle from Fabricmart.com  http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/804051-10-yard-Mystery-Fabric-Bundle-Assortment.html

Any (new or gently used) patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).  Vintage Sewing Patterns!!       36 Bust is perfect for all patterns.
Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list

Sewing materials/supplies of any form is welcomed!! Needles (Regular or Ball Point Singer or Schmertz plz), Thread (Regular or Serger plz no Joanns brand serger thread), Trims, Bias Tape, Patterned Ribbons, Zippers ect..... New or Gently Used is just fine!! Even if I dont need it right now it will eventually get used!! Fabric of all shapes colors and sizes are welcomed!!  Buttons!! New or vintage!!  Color is irrelevant.

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too(can be found at Hancocks).

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!! Gonna take a break and try and use up some of what I have  Grin

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House (or any that features Victorian/Edwardian pieces) collection would be wonderful.

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to recieve something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Also im looking for bath tub grippers (the ones that prevent slipping) im looking for the kind that stick directly on the tub using tape/sticker.  I cant find any except for the mats

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 12:29:07 AM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2010 08:03:43 AM »

I claim frosty772 for a patchwork purse (with what I will try to identify as victorian style fabric)!

2nd claim
0 sent
0 received

I'm Medley, I'm 31, and I live in a tiny town in rural Indiana. I am currently unemployed but keeping busy with childcare, animal rescue, web design, and crafting while I decide what I want to be when I grow up. I live with my mom, her dog, her cat (doesn't come in craft room), and my 3 dogs that are my furry children, a huge mutt named Westley, a senior coonhound named Lily, and a senior beagle named Blue. I don't have any known allergies. I'm always happy to send measurements. Thrifted/recycled/repurposed/vintage stuff is fab.

Crafts:

Knee length or over-the-knee socks for large calf
hoodie (2xl or 18/20)
Back seat cover for dogs http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=279250.0
Rose petal beads: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284812.0
ironing board cover in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
thread catcher that hangs off the table in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
needle book in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
fabric boxes in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green
reusable swiffer covers thanks, leighi123!
altered, painted, stenciled, or bleached rock & roll t-shirts (prefer a more feminine fit, 2xl or 18/20)(would love Johnny Cash or Led Zeppelin especially)
Team Edward shirt (prefer a more feminine fit, 2xl or 18/20) - thanks, Lo{ve}!
Sirius Black shirt http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=240352.0
Feathered fascinator
Scoodie
chain maille jewelry (silver tone)
Thrifted size 18/20 average bootcut or flare jeans painted with tattoo flash
soaps & lotions - Amber is my favorite, but I like patchouli, sandalwood, ylang ylang, chypre, jasmine, honeysuckle, hyacinth, lilac, nag champa or about any earthy or floral scents. Food scents make me hungry.
warm pajamas like flannel or heavy knit (sixe 2xl or 18/20)
Car sign http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=280653.0
Tiny boxes such as altered altoids tins
a tea wallet in one of my themes
a sleep mask in one of my themes or to match my bedroom (pink, purple, black & white)

Supplies:
Alexander Henry Fabrics especially with tattoo or skull designs
bias tape, store bought or home made
Asian printed fabric - thank you cjclark!
buttons
glass, crystal or natural stone beads
pearls
altered clothing / t-shirt surgery type books or magazines, especially Altered Couture

The Princess Bride
Twilight books
Pin-ups
Tattoo flash
Rockabilly style
Dogs, especially with adoption or rescue themes
Exotic style, such as Middle-eastern, Indian & Japanese
Muppets
Rock & Roll
Chain Maille
Purple! Also greens, blues, pinks, black, brown, burgundy...
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 08:14:09 AM by Feast Your Eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
spikefan

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2010 09:18:56 AM »

I claim Feast Your Eyes for a needle book in some combination of black, white, red and/or apple green

This is my 5th claim, 1 outstanding and 3 received.

Hi! My name is Michelle and I live in North Carolina USA, I am a 28yr old SAHM to a 4yr old girl. I love to craft although some things I don't get to do as much as I like because of cubital tunnel syndrome.  I love Twilight, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbeans, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Farscape. My daughter loves Peter Pan, Curious George, Harry Potter, Superman and Wizard of Oz. We only eat organic candy/food. I love to read, especially harlequin historical romances. My favorite colors are red, black, white, green, purple, and harry potter/gryffindor colors.

Crafts

Star Wars fabric pajama pants for me
Harry Potter fabric pajama pants for me and/or my 4yr old daughter
Gryffindor/Hogwarts hoodie
knitted eclipse socks like these but without the writing
knitted eclipse wrist warmers like these

Craft Supplies

any cotton, linen, flannel, fleece or other soft fabrics (would really love any of these prints: Wizard of Oz, Curious George, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Peter Pan, Popeye, Spiderman, Toy Story, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Sesame Street, skulls, frogs, peace sign, pirate ships, dragons, stars, celestial, cute animals, green cotton, solid color flannel) (prefer 1/2 yrd or larger pieces)
cotton yarn
diamond glaze and pendant making supplies (bails, pendant tray blanks, glass tiles, chains)
snapsetter/pliers/press with snaps
4"-6" zippers
metal/aluminum lollipop molds
Beading supplies: artistic wire (16-24 gauge, would love silver, red, or black), glass beads, swarovski beads, spacers
embroidery hoops (9" or smaller)
doll eyes (half round black or any safety eyes)
1/2" or 3/4" elastic
sew on velcro

Extras

thimbles (my 4yr old collects them "kisses" from Peter Pan)
plain alligator hair clips for bow making
iron on transfer sheets (for black or white background)
Dick and Jane, Peter Pan or Wizard of Oz books
Superman comics (for crafting so ok if damaged)
1/2"-1" white stretch lace (only need about 12" or so)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 09:45:55 AM by padfoot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terracruz
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2010 10:13:12 PM »

I'm going to claim padfoot for supplies... time to clean out the fabric stash!
I've got velcro & cotton yarn too!

This is my 4th claim, 2 sent, 1 received. (1 on the way to Portugal)

My name is Terra. I am a 37 years old, married for 13 years and I have two kids, DS 12.5 & DD 9.  I live in the Bay Area,  California. I love pink, turquoise, purple & brown, cupcakes, Metallica, The Cure, iguanas, rats, hedgehogs, veggies, camping, crocheting, scrapbooking & papercrafts (I was on an scrapbook design team for quite sometime) & Japanese inspired crafts.
I prefer functional items as I am always trying to live more simply and cut down on stuff or clutter. We use all cloth towels, napkins, reusable bags, lunch wraps, ect...  I have a dog, a cat, 2 rats, a frog & a goldfish.
The whole family loves video games, especially old school classic games.
We don't like country, floral, romantic, lacey, old lady. Wink

Super Big Wish:
A scarf like this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34526510

Big Wishes:
A phone, gadget holder like this-
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39009790
-kitty scarf/hood
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/kitty_hood_scarf_with_pockets

Crafted:
*A orange & black themed or sweets/candy themed charm bracelet
*A beach/Poolside/Picnic Blanket
*Reusable thin menstrual pads (I'm dying to try them but too lazy to figure out how to make them)
*Laptop sleeve or envelope
*Tote to carry my yarn, crochet projects
*Holiday themed rugs (we change with the season)
*Wristlet I love this style - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34529924 all the pockets make me happy.
*Anything Pink Panther
*Sandwich wraps
*Reusable snack bags
*Scarf that has fox/critter head on one end/tail on other and perhaps some dangly feet.
*Knitted or crocheted hat with ears
*An Iguana
*Crotcheted dog leash (she's little)
*Clothes for my little dog
*Several matching shopping totes
*Monster bag little for my Zune, big for WHATEVER! - I Love these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33129479
*A dragon dice bag like this - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35574257
*Chainmail bag like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=38791725
*Hippo mittens for my DD http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hippopotamus-mittens

Anything from my wists http://www.wists.com/terracruz
My Etsy Favorites - http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=62770

Supplies:
Hand spun yarn
Cottonese or similar weight yarn
Ami eyes
Adorable Ami patterns (I would love an iguana)
Lobster and D rings (small to make wristlets, large for a dog leash)
Japanese novelty fabric
Fine glitter
Bead-Dazzling beads (bought the thing at the thrift store)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terra
Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2010 06:48:43 AM »

I claim terracruz for re-usable snack bags and a wisty surprise.

This is my 6th claim, 2 outstanding, 4 received.

My name is Debbie I am a 33 year old paramedic and full time Mom. I live on a ranch in a very rural secluded part of southern California. I love pink and black, chickens, cupcakes, Social D, Amy Butler and anything ambulance related. I prefer functional items as I am always trying to live more simply and cut down on stuff or clutter.  I have 2 small dogs and no cats. I have no allergies but hate the smell of smoke.

Crafted:
*waterproof apron  because I can't do the dishes without drenching myself
*Laptop sleeve
*Pajama bottoms with 34 inseam for my 13 year old that is 510 size large. She likes fun, funky prints
*Scrapbook style binder to organize my recipes
*Hair pretties/flowers for me and 13 year old, nothing too juvenile
*Tote type Purse
*Tote to carry my crafting supplies at work
*A large notebook to keep myself organized with room for shopping lists, receipts, calendar and mom stuffLike a dayrunner on steroids!
*Anything for my new craft room that is naked and boring maybe a fun mobile for the corner
*Anything Star Wars for my fanatical 8 year old (pillowcase?)
*short but dangly earrings
*handmade soaps
*fabric bowls
*Cover for my sewing machine
*Cover for my ironing board
*Casual earrings and necklaces
*A stenciled hoodie for my son size 8/10 with a Star Wars theme
*Wisty surprises are always welcome
*Long ribbon wallet
*record clock (not painted)
*handmade rugs
*fabric bunting that says something family themed

Supplies:

Beading stuff
Buttons
Soap making supplies
Sheet music
black and white photos
embroidery transfers or items to embroider
stamps
metal stamps
Modern or novelty fabric

Thank you who ever claims me!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 06:59:15 AM by Shelanie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
SAHMama
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2010 07:05:30 AM »

I claim Shelanie for a laptop sleeve & fabric bunting.

3rd claim; 0 sent; 1 received

My name is Sarah, I live in Chicago, IL. I'll be 33 (yikes!) on February 15.
As my username says, I'm a stay-at-home mom. I used to be a lawyer & will be again.. someday. I have no allergies (but I REALLY dislike cigarette smoke!) & we have a dogs (a terrier mutt). I have two sons, Cooper, 2, & Dexter, 3 months. My taste is pretty eclectic. I love bright colors, and orange is my favorite. There aren't really any colors I don't like. I'm not really big on jewelry... I think it's pretty but I just don't wear it (I will wear small post earrings & anklets). I'm pretty open to anything (& not easily offended). I have more info on my profile & you can always check out my blog, wist, or etsy shop. I'm fine with used (quality) items or upcycled/repurposed items. I love batik fabric, whimsical designs (think Mad Hatter) & Dr. Seuss!
Also, I update my wist constantly so theres always new stuff on there.

CRAFTS

NEW * A creative quilt block (12", but lots extra for seam allowance please) - I'm inspired by this and I'd like to make a kids quilt with fuzzy/fun fabric & lots of texture. I'd like to do unique stuff (NOT commercial characters) such as monsters/aliens, numbers, letters, trees, animals, etc. Anything that would be interesting to kids. I want lots of texture, but I'd like it to be machine washable. I'd love anything unique you can think up!

* A Dr. Who scarf (sorry, this is probably way more than a medium; I just don't know 'cause I don't do any real knitting or anything)

* Baskets for storage - fabric baskets, or coiled fabric or plarn, or anything else you can come up with. They'll be for my crafting items or kids' toys so colors/designs for me or kids are great.

Big wish: * A sweater/shrug/wrap like this (No need for fancy textures or anything - plain is fine as long as it's this design)

* Boots like this or this (but with a sole that can be worn outdoors). Darker colors are better, but I'm pretty open to any color. (I'm a size 9)

* Upcycled sweater boots

* Felt food

* Educational/learning toys for my 2-year-old son. He's really into the alphabet, colors, & numbers now. Busy toys for the car are great!

* Totally super huge obnoxious wish: Painted, drawn-on, tye-dyed, bleached, or otherwise embellished/decorated Converse All-Stars - Im totally fine with used Converse & I wear a size 7 (9 in womens, but 7 in Converse). Pretty much any creative design would be great, but if it was Dr. Seuss related Id probably pee in my pants from excitement.

* small (diaper) bag (maybe 12 by 15-ish or something) with pockets; maybe even an external pocket or two on the sides for a sippy cup or bottle of water. Backpack or messenger bag so its easy to carry everywhere.

* Something (maybe a throw pillow?) commemorating one of the most important rules my husband & I have in our marriage: "The Rule Of Specific Examples" (basically, we agree that it's difficult to think of specific examples so if in an argument you make a complaint but can't back it up with a specific example then you invoke "the rule of specific examples" & the other can't hold it against you).

* Play silks

* Toddler busy book - I've received 2 of these from craftsters in other swaps & we LOVE them so I'm always open to another Smiley

* Embroidered or painted cloth diapers (pocket or AIO, preferably medium, but large is fine too). Some examples here and here

* Anything for storage of sewing supplies. I have lots of ribbon (on spools & loose), thread, elastic, zippers, velcro, & other odds & ends that need spiffy new (or new to me) homes. (I'm putting this in all three categories 'cause I think it could fit in all of them!)

* A surprise (wisty or something Id like)

SUPPLIES[/b]

* medium weight fusible interfacing

* cloth diaper making kit

* felt food making kit

* snap press (used is fine!)

* fabric - I like bright colors & interesting prints. Amy Butler & Michael Miller type stuff is always great. I love batiks. I'd love some knit fabric.

* zippers

* bias tape maker (used is fine!)

* minky fabric - preferably boy or gender neutral colors/designs

* Anything for storage of sewing supplies. I have lots of ribbon (on spools & loose), thread, elastic, zippers, velcro, & other odds & ends that need spiffy new (or new to me) homes.

EXTRAS

* used or thrift clothing with fabric I can use (interesting  prints or textures)
* fabric scraps
* knee high socks in stripes or interesting colors/prints
* fun lunch/food items - squiggly straws, fun shaped sandwich cutters, popsicle molds, cookie cutters, etc.
* Anything for storage of sewing supplies. I have lots of ribbon (on spools & loose), thread, elastic, zippers, velcro, & other odds & ends that need spiffy new (or new to me) homes.

Thanks! Smiley

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 07:10:36 AM by SAHMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2010 07:14:18 AM »

I claim SAHMama for quilt blocks, because that's what I do!

This is my 7th claim, 3 outstanding, 4 received.

My name is Debbie I am a 33 year old paramedic and full time Mom. I live on a ranch in a very rural secluded part of southern California. I love pink and black, chickens, cupcakes, Social D, Amy Butler and anything ambulance related. I prefer functional items as I am always trying to live more simply and cut down on stuff or clutter.  I have 2 small dogs and no cats. I have no allergies but hate the smell of smoke.

Crafted:
*waterproof apron  because I can't do the dishes without drenching myself
*Pajama bottoms with 34 inseam for my 13 year old that is 510 size large. She likes fun, funky prints
*Scrapbook style binder to organize my recipes
*Hair pretties/flowers for me and 13 year old, nothing too juvenile
*Tote type Purse
*Tote to carry my crafting supplies at work
*A large notebook to keep myself organized with room for shopping lists, receipts, calendar and mom stuffLike a dayrunner on steroids!
*Anything for my new craft room that is naked and boring maybe a fun mobile for the corner
*Anything Star Wars for my fanatical 8 year old (pillowcase?)
*short but dangly earrings
*handmade soaps
*fabric bowls
*Cover for my sewing machine
*Cover for my ironing board
*Casual earrings and necklaces
*A stenciled hoodie for my son size 8/10 with a Star Wars theme
*Wisty surprises are always welcome
*Long ribbon wallet
*record clock (not painted)
*handmade rugs
*fabric bunting that says something family themed

Supplies:

Beading stuff
Buttons
Soap making supplies
Sheet music
black and white photos
embroidery transfers or items to embroider
stamps
metal stamps
Modern or novelty fabric

Thank you who ever claims me!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 07:16:34 AM by Shelanie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
JodiLynn85
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2010 08:20:09 AM »

I claim Shelanie for a wisty surprise!!!
This is my 4th claim, with 1 in progress, 0 sent, and 2 already received.

My name is Jodi and this is my first wish swap!!!

I am a 24 year old Coloradan who moved to Texas (all USA) with my husband and our dog. We've been married just over a year, and are loving life! I'm really into frugal living, and trying to pinch pennies in every way that I can. I love to sew and am just learning knitting. I've started an afghan that's going to take me FOREVER.

My favorite colors are dark forrest green, and blues of any shade. I don't like pink. But in reality, I really enjoy everything colorful (even pink as long as it is not overpowering). I am not very "girly" and don't wear much jewelry. I love The Beatles, Survivor, the Amazing Race, and books of all shape and sizes. I definitely prefer functional items, as I hate to clean but am having success with the Flylady.net system which promotes cutting down on clutter. I love historical fiction novels, particularly by Philippa Gregory. I got a degree from Colorado State University in History Education, but taught middle school math for a couple years before I got married and moved to Texas. I love Mario video games, and played a whole lot of Zelda growing up. I also enjoy quilting, though I've only ever actually finished one. I love sharks! I think they're fascinating.

Crafts:

Kitchen wetbags like this - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38793415&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=kitchen+wetbag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[ but with whatever fabric

HUGE WISH - Reusable Paper towels - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334735.msg3875905#msg3875905

A weekender bag!!!!!!!

A Christmas ball ornament with my husband's alma mater logo (they don't sell them!!!) www.etbu.edu

Reconned cute modest T-shirts (I'm a size medium after its reconned). I love this style: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334188.20

A throw or lap quilt

The one jewelry I do occasionally wear are dangly earrings and sometimes necklaces, though they can't be huge or chunky or heavy

I'd love a tree of life pendant!

Homemade doggie treats!

Funnny/cute/video game/anything you think I'd like magnets for my fridge!

A mail organizer to hang on the wall - check my wist for an example

Pretty stitch markers!

Knitted/whatevered out of yarn sockies for my house that I can simply slip into. My feet are always cold. I'd like them to go up a little farther on the toes, but basically like these ones: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32052674&ref=sr_list_2&&ga_search_query=knitted+house+socks&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

A sewn case for circular knitting needles

Wisty surprises are always fun!

Supplies:
Fabrics of all varieties!!! I don't like goth or skulls. I love Alexander Henry fabrics (especially apples and pears) in general, and I can't get them around here!
Knitting needles - I've just started and only have sizes 5 and 6 and 10 (all circular)
Buttons
Modern cross stitch projects/ideas/patterns/etc
Rotary cutter blades
I also have fun uses for fat quarters
Knitting magazines/how to-s/ideas
Kid-friendly fabrics (for quiltforkids.org since I don't have kids of my own)
Purse supplies such as magnetic closures and snaps
Pelon 809 Decor Bond interfacing! I use a ton of it

Extras:
Peppermint patties
Chocolates (especially dark and white) are always good
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 08:24:19 AM by JodiLynn85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

50 Projects in 2010: 9/50 with several big ones in progress!
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2010 09:48:25 AM »

I would like to claim JodiLynn85 for a box of craft supplies

This is my 5th claim, 1 outstanding, 1 in transit, 2 recieved
Allergy to nickel earrings
Live in the U.S.

Hi! Im a 28 y/o mom with a 2 y/o who I adore more than anything. Her name is Lily-Anne. You can never go wrong with making something for her! She is in love with all things Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and her favorite characters are Minnie and Daisy.
 Im an Oregonian living in North Dakota, and miss mountains and trees. My husband (who is from South Carolina) is in the Air Force, and that is why we are in the land of snow and ice. We are both on Weight Watchers currently.
My favorite craft is crocheting, but I am also starting to fall in love with sewing. Other crafts I enjoy are needlepoint, painting, and learning to knit.
I love the Colts(American football team), collect Fairies, love t-shirts with either crafty designs, or humorous crafty logos on them, have been addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a long time, love the Office(the American version), the TV show Bones, the Beatles, the singer Pink, and am trying to live easier on our planet day by day.
My favorite color to wear is bright hot pink, but I also love jewel tones, and fall colors. I do not like the colors orange or yellow as main colors. my favorite animals in design and themes are owls and elephants.
I read every single night before bed, and for the past year I have been addicted to urban fantasy genre, like The Hollows series, or the Mercy Thompson series. I also have a place in my heart for the Harry Potter books.
I love Asian and fantasy designs.
I wear an Xlrg t-shirt, my husband wears a mens xlrg,  and my daughter is in a 3t. The colors green, brown, or purple look beautiful on her.

Crafted Wishes
Anything you think I would like based on my introduction. I would definitely prefer more functional/useful items, but also love art. More freedom for fun items/toys to be made for my daughter if youd like.

Anything for my husband our 3 year anniversary is coming up and that is year of leather, his birthday is also coming up in a few months.
Good themes for something for him would be hunting(he bird hunts), Jack Daniels, Chevy Trucks, black and yellow labs, forest green, South Carolina Gamecocks, Sons of Anarchy, war movies, Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Tshirts that Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory wears, I have a bunch on my wist that I like
Handspun yarn kitchen wetbags doesnt have to be exactly like this one, just an example
T-shirt yarn, any color/size, Im making a huge multi-colored rug for dds room
Art/paintings- anything that you would like to do, my bedroom walls are totally bare
Crocheted/knitted/sewn of any of the following: Minnie, Daisy, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, or Pluto
Anything with Mickey Mouse head/ears silhouette for Lily-Anne
Shopping totes
Anything upcycled/repurposed
Plarn
Quilted eyeglass case for my mom or me. She loves leopard prints, religious prints, and flowers.
Patchwork anything
I spy bag
Toddler Busy Book -http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24797937
Minnie Mouse dress for Lily-Anne 3t or 4t http://www.wists.com/pixieval/8b4aa0b2fc6b19977558ceacb6986462?offset=40
ATCs- I have a HUGE frame in my basement that they were going to throw away at work, and I would love to fill it with ATCs
Notecards to put into swap packages that I send out
simple clothes for Lily-Anne to take off and on her baby doll. I will give you any measurements that you need if you claim this

My Wist http://www.wists.com/pixieval
Etsy Favs http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5395212

Supplies
Crochet patterns
Yarn- currently using a lot of cotton yarn, multi color worsted, and always need black!
Fabrics- love Asian, childrens vintage or characters, and novelty
Used postage stamps
Beginner knitting patterns
sewing thread

Extras
Sugar free candies/weight watchers candies/chocolate
Chocolates from other countries
wine corks
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 09:57:04 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw - Cro Marmot - Happy Tree Friends
How to Draw a Bobo Hah
Portrait Retouching in Photoshop Camera Raw
How to Draw Bloo
Pushing the Limits of Wallpaper Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...