A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Odd Ball Yarn Swap R4 (CLOSED; SO March 15 2010)  (Read 8855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Willowe
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010 11:52:56 AM »

Ooh, that's so pretty, kwiltykate! If I hadn't already started making GDs for a blanket I would so use that pattern instead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
koalascout
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010 03:01:07 PM »

sent in my info now the wait............... ..... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glambastard
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010 06:38:26 PM »

I just sent in my questionnaire! This will be my 1st yarn swap, I'm pretty excited!

Umm, what are GD's???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
beefishie
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010 07:08:30 PM »

I sent a pm to Willowe a few days ago asking the same thing. =)

A GD is a Granny's Daughter, which is basically just the first row of a granny square. They're tiny (about 1.5-1.75 inches across) but can be used the same as a regular granny square in blankets, scarves, etc.

The Granny's Daughters Round 5 swap is just finishing up. The main thread can be found here and the gallery here if you want more information, or to see what they look like. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I knit and make jewelry mostly, but do a few other crafts as well. PM me. =)
littlebluegirl
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010 06:29:47 AM »

Ooh, this looks good, I'm making a scrappy scarf at the moment and could use some more colours.  Does all the yarn have to be worsted weight?  I have a lot of chunky/bulky yarn that I could send if it was OK?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glambastard
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010 09:42:55 AM »

ohhh ok. Thanks beefishie. totally makes since now!

I'm working on my 1st granny square blanket and its gonna be huge, so I'm pretty excited about this swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010 10:17:38 AM »

Ooh, this looks good, I'm making a scrappy scarf at the moment and could use some more colours.  Does all the yarn have to be worsted weight?  I have a lot of chunky/bulky yarn that I could send if it was OK?

That's something you might want to discuss with your partner. Since it's been opened up to other fiber types, it isn't limited to worsted weight acrylic. If someone is swapping for acrylic only, however, it'd be best to check just to make sure they aren't looking for worsted only. They may be working on a scrapghan and need worsted weight. But, maybe not Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Linda P
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010 11:17:30 AM »

I'm in!  I have sat out on the last couple rounds, but ready to play again!  Off to start rolling me some little odd balls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shortern
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010 12:05:58 PM »

Yaaay I can't wait for this swap! I love seeing what kinds of yarn other people have in their stashes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for extra sock yarn! PM me if you have any you'd like to get rid of! Willing to swap for it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://blacksquirrelknits.blogspot.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Etsy Shop: http://www.blacksquirrelknits.etsy.com
My Wist: http://wists.com/shortern06
Shortern on Ravelry.
MiLady
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010 01:52:43 PM »

I'm hoping to dispose of some of my lilac yarn in this swap, I have been having lilac nightmares!! I had 11 balls of lilac yarn in 3 shades, 7 of these are in the process of being used for a cardigan of which one ball "unfortunately" had to be disposed of because it had been previously used and unravelled several times and I couldn't get my stitches even which made the edge of the cardigan look horrid, but I will still have loads left to use for this swap!

I hope there's someone who likes lilac! (I do have other yarns too!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
StyleLikeU Blogger Says Goodbye To L.A
Olivia Wilde Shows Us How to Wear Polka Dots
Style Tips from Lauren Conrad, Rachel Bilson, Michael Kors, and More!
Amanda Seyfried Loves Her Red Leather Pants
3 Chic Ways to Bundle Up in Style This Winter
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...