My mother-in-law was having a clear-out of old clothes, and let me have a look through all the bin-bags before she took them down to the charity shop. I found a fairly nasty black-and-silver blouse thing that's going to be a wizard's cape for my godson in the very near future, and a lovely red fleecy jacket.
After a few hours with the sewing machine, I had this:
It's for my godson's as-yet-unborn sibling (due in March). Here's the back:
You can just see on the left there the little applique heart tag. I just thought the back would be a bit boring if it was all just red.
In making this cat/devil thing I discovered that my sewing machine does a reasonable approximation of blanket stitch. Here's a close-up of the face, so you can see the stitching:
It's such a pretty stitch that I'm thinking of using it without any applique, as an embellishment on future sewing projects. Here's the back of the little heart tag:
I also used some of the fleece to make a taggie blanket for the baby:
And I used some stash fabric for the other side:
It was a great project for using up some of my massive ribbon collection (a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law and his wife). Here's one of my favourites:
Thanks for looking! I hope you liked them.