A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,475
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing classes from the Fashion Ninja- Milwaukee  (Read 6606 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flyingfish
« on: July 10, 2004 01:45:45 PM »

My Friend the Fashion Ninja holds sewing workshops and classes at her storefront studio showroom- If you have ever wondered how to sew a zipper (my biggest sewing mystery that she swears is the easiest thing) or make a purse she is the lady to guide you! For more information visit her store or go to her web site...

www.fashionninja.com
414. 481. 3865
2671 s. Kinnickinnic ave.
bayview (milwaukee)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flying Fish Design... ))    -:|:-
                              .  .))
                             ((.   ..    -:|:-  www.flyingfishgallery.com
                             -:|:-      ((.*
JeraAndJune
Co-Founder, Stitch'n'Bitch Madison, WI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004 02:02:53 PM »

Wow...

That's some super-impressive stuff!

I would love to join up if i weren't such a broke-a$$ beyotch minus a car.

You catch my drift.

JeraSue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

>^..^< ...Purr, and the world purrs with you. Hiss, and you hiss alone...>^..^<
betty_ann

i'm gonna change the world...dang it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004 06:52:59 PM »

i would love to be a part of those classes.  how much do they cost?  i just got a sewing machine and i have all these great ideas, but i suck at making them look good because i have no idea what i am doing.  sewing wise that is
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyingfish
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004 07:35:51 AM »

I think the prices are on her site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.  .))
redlipsredboots
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004 12:28:03 PM »

hey- i took the basic sewing class from ninja and it was wonderful. it's super cheap considering what you learn from her. i was already a really experienced sewer when i took it and i learned a lot of tips that save me time and she took the time to show me extra things too. i was kinda her "advanced placement" student and i really did learn alot. but anyone can take it- it's aimed at people with little or no experience. the basic sewing class costs $75.00 for four sessions and if you recommend/bring a friend you get a $10.00 gift certificate that you can either use in her shop or put it towards the class fee. she's super supportive and great, oh yeah, her name is areyka and if you call her 414-481-3865 she can fill you in on the rest.

xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004 09:39:19 AM »

Nice name! lol I love ninja's. Although I'm nowear near Milwaukee, it sounds like fun! There's always something to learn, even if you sew alot and know more than the basics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
milwjamie
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004 07:07:52 PM »

Do you need to have a sewing machine to take the class? And also, How easy are the beginner's courses? I am kinda slow when it comes to sewing I think.. Usually I get impatient. The classes sound great though!!!! Perhaps will look more into it!
--Jamie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyingfish
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004 09:08:24 PM »

i think all the info is on her site, or maybe ask redlipsredboots....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.  .))
ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004 04:27:36 AM »

YYYEAHHH!! The Fashion Ninja is awesome!  I was also an "advanced placement" sew-er, but learned alot too! I also HATED zippers, but now that she got me into sewing them, it's a breeze....

You do need a sewing machine to take the class, it's essential because you'll be sewing up goodies for homework- (no fear of the word "homework," these tasks are creative leaps!). 

I tell everyone to take these classes, they are very inspirational, even if you do know the birds & bees of sewing.

She inspired my line of handbags and will keep you up to date with the local events and shows... thanks to da NINJA!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewingWannabe
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010 05:06:41 PM »

I'm sorry but I went to the advanced all day class with the Fashion Ninja in Milwaukee and spent more than $400 to do an "intensive" fashion draping class that I learnt NOTHING in! She smoked at the sewing table and had hardly prepared anything to go over with the 6 or so of us in her class. We were supposed to end up with a dress we made ourselves by the end of the day and not one of us even got as far as sewing half a bodice. Most of the girls didn't even get to cut enough pieces for a whole dress let alone put two pieces of fabric together. I took basic sewing in high school (no design or pattern making) and I didn't learn one thing in "The Fashion Ninja's" class that I couldn't have read in five minutes from a basic sewing book. I can't believe she was so unprepared. I think we must have been one of her first all day classes. I honestly wasted my entire day being polite about it but I should have demanded my money back and reported her to the BBB. If the class was $50 I wouldn't have been so ticked but I really regret being suckered in. She did offer us to come back for a free session where we could work on whatever we want and ask questions. I did not return. My clothes and all my belongings smelled of pot when I left her house.
Ask lots of questions before you hand over any money! Like: Did you actually finish your fashion degree? How many of these classes have you done before? What is curriculum we'll go over? What's in the class that makes it worth $400, besides "all of your knowledge"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop with Perspective
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Straighten with the Measure Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Automate Crop and Straighten
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop with the Marquee Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop with the Crop Tool
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...