A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 100 Facts About Me #2  (Read 14505 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peanut
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010 01:05:03 PM »

I finally got home and got a chance to open up Onyxnox's package.   Shocked I was so spoiled!!!  Onyxnox did a wonderful job on everything - I love it all!

Here's a shot of everything...minus some wonderful flavoured coffee which was on its way to be brewed when I took photos!

Some jewelry and bookmarks.  Onyxnox made some great banana and storm cloud charms for these pieces!

A close-up of her awesome chainmaille work.

TNG stuff...a Picard shirt, Picard and Data domino pendants, a wooden bracelet with cast photos around the outside and the Enterprise on the inside, and etched coasters with Worf, Troi, Data and Riker.  I <3 Captain Picard!

A beautiful purple hairpin lace scarf!  As soon as I pulled it out of the package, I put this scarf on and left it on for the rest of the evening...it's so soft and lovely.

Really awesome extra stuff - including a banana guard!

Wooden beads and pendants and bracelets - lots of crafty possibilities here!

A Jamie Oliver tote bag! 

Thank you so very much, Onyxnox!!!!  Everything is so wonderful!  As I was unpacking the package, my husband kept commenting about how perfect everything was for me and my tastes.  Cheesy  And I'm seriously in awe of your skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Semper in faecibus sumum, sole profundum variat.
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010 06:24:41 PM »

a banana guard?  I never seen one of those before...That's pretty funny Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010 08:32:59 PM »

I love all the banana items! So much spoiling going on so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects of 2013: 34/50
Come Join Us!

My Pinterest
Collecting white doilies and rhinestone brooches for DIY wedding, wanna swap?
jaders
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010 10:35:11 PM »

Sendouts in two days! (well, at least by my time over here on the westcoast)
Reminder to please let me know when you send/receive.

Also, LilyDay is no longer coorganizer (due to a mess up of mine), so all PMs must be directed to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010 11:22:10 PM »

YAY!  I am so glad you got it safely.  I have a notice that there is a package waiting for me at the PO, and I am not sure if it is from you, or something I ordered off e-bay.  I will find out on Wednesday because that is when I can next make it over there.

Anyways - here are the facts as I remember them:

loves Picard - pretty self explanatory - the Picard shirt
Loves Star Trek TNG - the TNG coasters, the pendents, the bracelet
Favourite fruit is bananas - the banana guard (which made a convenient holder for the small stuff), the bookmarks, and the bangle
Loves Jamie Oliver - the tote with the Jamie stencils
Loves lightening storms (me too!) - the necklace with the shrink plastic storm pendent and the glass bead "raindrops", and the night light with the storm picture
Loves to cook/bake - the silicone baking mat, the garlic zipper (I bought myself one and thought it was adorable), the magazine (it's free from our liquor board and is AWESOME), the gel gem
Loves blue - hence so much blue - the shirt, the tote, the keychain
Loves (sparkly) purple - the scarf, and why Jamie is purple
(from stalking her) - wants knit/crochet stuff since she doesn't do it herself anymore - the scarf
Has dry, eczemic hands during the winter - the scentless hand creams - they are ones that help me with my dry hands, chapped from the soap and alcohol rinses at work - except now, I realise I forgot to get the glycerin and cotton gloves to go with them - I AM SO SORRY!!!!!
Wants to read more this year - the plethora of bookmarks in some of her colours (blue, sparkly purple, pink) and likes (bananas)
Has a fear of the dark r/t to watching too much x-files - the night light, I wanted to do something x-files related, but then the pile started getting too big and I think the PO had a bit of a fit when I brought the package as it was

I threw in also the notecards because they were cute (and found them at a GREAT price), flavoured coffee, truffles, and the wood beads and bangles because she stated she would like some to decorate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
bexieboo
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010 02:07:08 PM »

That stormcloud necklace is so so lovely! And I love all the really cool banana stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010 06:13:48 PM »

I received from Pupper on Saturday and don't tell but when my daughter texted me that her box had been delivered I told my boss I was feeling sick and went home. I work 24 hour shifts and the excitement was killing me!

She did an amazing job crafting for me. It's like it was all made by my best friend who knows everything about me! She sent me ribbon, lots of ribbon because I collect ribbon. A chicken figurine because I have tons of chickens and collect chicken stuff. And two cupcake pincushions which are one of my absolute favorites in this package. I loooove cupcakes! She did such a great job on these! And chocolate coins. My boy squealed with delight when he saw those. We have been snacking on them.

Next, is a Chunk doll from the movie Goonies. LOL it is so funny. You can hide candy in his belly. She even made him his token plaid pants and flower shirt. Made me crack up when I saw it. There is also a very cool shadow box with chickens in it that says "The Franch". Thats what we call the little farm/ranch where we live. It's not really a farm and not quite a ranch. There is also a very cute brown and red felt pin which needs to go on my purse. The next one is my absolute fav of the whole box. My husband even laughed!

It's a framed sign that says "Wanted Fat Winner for connections with the mafia Reward". Our wiener dog is named fat Winner and we talk to her like she is a east coast mafia guy. We often ask her is she was out breaking knee caps.

On a side note: I couldn't think of a name for the wiener dog so I called her Wiener for the first month. We went on vacation during this time and my son who was 7 at the time gets all excited when we were at the boat docks coming home he yells "I can't wait to get home and play with my Wiener!" while we are in a huge line of hundreds of people. My husband glared at me and said change that dogs name now. Everyone kept calling her Wiener, the best I could do was Winner. And she is fat.  Grin

Thank you Pupper, it was all AWESOME!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
Pupper

If buttons ever become currency, I will be rich

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010 06:48:53 PM »

On a side note: I couldn't think of a name for the wiener dog so I called her Wiener for the first month. We went on vacation during this time and my son who was 7 at the time gets all excited when we were at the boat docks coming home he yells "I can't wait to get home and play with my Wiener!" while we are in a huge line of hundreds of people. My husband glared at me and said change that dogs name now. Everyone kept calling her Wiener, the best I could do was Winner. And she is fat.  Grin

I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, that is hilarious!  I am so happy you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BarkingBandits

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Pupper

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pupper/

I love swapping craft supplies!
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010 07:03:33 PM »

What a fun package!  And your story just cracked me up.  It reminded me of the time at the zoo my then 4 yr. old daughter turned to her Dad and I with a huge smile and said " Oh look guys, that rhino's penis is even bigger than Daddy's!"  That's when we decided a little more privacy was in order in our household.  Kids.... gotta love 'em.   I also love that Chunk doll, he's too funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melissa!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010 07:04:21 PM »

I too am glad I wasn't drinking when I read that, that was too funny.

On a side note when I adopted my dog her owners had named her Maddie because the Humane Society named her Lady, and I accidentally changed her name to Mandy because I apparently have a hearing problem or something lol. It was too late to go back when I finally realized her papers said Maddie.

Great packages so far! I really want those cupcake pincushions. and that Chunk doll is amazing. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I hope we're still friends after I taser you." VM

http://www.wists.com/melishka
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Texture Stitch
How to Crochet Lace on Christmas Balls
How to Felt with Crochet
How to Crochet a Christmas Scarf
How to Crochet Fab Faux Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...