Ok, so I love a good sandwich. BLT's are pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself! I was in the mood for a BLT today, and this is what I came up with!You Need:
2 slices of good wheat bread
1 piece of cheddar cheese
A couple of slices of deli ham
4 slices of microwave bacon
5 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half, length wise, not width wise
A few onion slices
A handful of spinach
Small frying pan
1. Heat the frying pan over medium heat
2. Butter one piece of bread and lay it in the pan. Add your cheese and ham and top with the other slice of bread.
3. Butter the top piece of bread.
4. Let the first side cook for a bit and then flip
5. Let the other side cook for a few minutes, and remove from the pan
6. Add some EVOO to your pan and add the onions. Let cook till translucent.
7. Cook the bacon in the microwave according to the directions on the box
8. Place on top of the ham
9. Add the onions on top of the bacon
10. Add the tomatoes on top of the onions
11. Add the spinach
12. Add the ranch
13. Shake on some salt, pepper, oregano, and basil
14. Close the sandwich and slice to your preference
It's really good paired with some wheat crackers and a Diet Dr Pepper (which, is what I paired it with. LOL)
I know it looks burnt and awful, but it's REALLY good! Better than any sub shop!
Thanks for looking!