A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,220
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting on a plane...  (Read 25975 times)
Tags for this thread: travel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

holliesademocrat
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2010 07:44:52 AM »

tools such as crowbars, drills, hammers, & saws will continue to be prohibited from carry-on bags."

Well there goes my woodworking idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Owl swap: crafting (but need to stop!)
TV Addict Swap: crafting
Christmas swap: crafting
FOC swap: crafting
TTFB swap: awaiting a partner
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2010 08:05:35 AM »

tools such as crowbars, drills, hammers, & saws will continue to be prohibited from carry-on bags."

Soon they'll start frowning upon in-flight welding as well Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Demi_Kitten
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2011 04:09:44 AM »

They're going to regret that decision if the wing falls off Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Athena: Today I was beat in a weaving contest by a mortal, so I threw a little bit of a hissy fit at her, so she hung herself...long story short she's a spider and everyone thinks I'm a bitch. FML
Malienne
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2011 07:27:29 AM »

Too bad, was hoping you could make me a more comfortable seat in the plane!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
c*lientje
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2011 09:40:57 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm new here, and I was hoping you could give me some advice on a similar problem...

From the end of this month onwards, I'm going to be travelling for six months. As my journey starts with sitting on a plane for 14 hours, I've already found a lot of different ideas in this topic. But I'm also looking for ideas to continue crafting during these six months. I love making jewellery, however, I'm only allowed 20 kg luggage which means I won't be able to bring my beads and supplies. Other than that, I love paper crafts. Since finding this site I've already started experimenting with inchies, as these seem like a fun craft! Is there anything else you can recommend, that doesn't take up loads of space in my suitcase? I'm quite keen on trying out all sorts of stuff!

Thank you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PARTNERS! If you send me anything after Dec 5th, PM me for my Dutch address, do NOT send anything to China after this date! Thanks!

Current swaps:
November Ongoing ATC swap *sent / December Ongoing ATC swap *crafting / Jar of Stars *sent / OIS *sent / December Birthday swap *designing and planni
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2011 12:04:46 PM »

How about paper quilling? The materials are pretty compact for the basic supplies. Of course, once you've made the shapes, they take up a bit more room, so maybe that won't work for a 6 month journey.  How about a travel journal? You could paint up a bunch of backgrounds before you go and then you'd just need to bring along some pens and some glue to put stuff in it. Here's a fantastic example (and on the second page of the thread, she shares some info on how she set it up):
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347900.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
c*lientje
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2011 12:48:35 PM »

Thanks for your reply, a journal is a great idea! I might even be able to pick up some cool supplies in China! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PARTNERS! If you send me anything after Dec 5th, PM me for my Dutch address, do NOT send anything to China after this date! Thanks!

Current swaps:
November Ongoing ATC swap *sent / December Ongoing ATC swap *crafting / Jar of Stars *sent / OIS *sent / December Birthday swap *designing and planni
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2011 06:44:15 PM »

Thanks for your reply, a journal is a great idea! I might even be able to pick up some cool supplies in China! Smiley

You're welcome! I'm hoping to make one myself the next time I take an interesting trip. I hope you'll share some of yours if you make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
AuntJudy
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2011 01:42:05 PM »

What I did was to pack a cross-stitch project and pre-cut a bunch of threads.  I had to leave a threads hanging in the back of my fabric until we got to our hotel and before I even checked I asked for scissors - lol - talk about getting strange looks - but it worked great on the plane.  I also was working on graphing a picture I was going to cross-stitch next and that was pretty portable, too.  As far as knitting needs go, the TSA website (at least at that time) as I remember it said they were a maybe and it was really up to whoever was working security at the time, but I wasn't going to chance having to threw my knitting needles away. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2011 07:13:47 PM »

I plan to travel with a mini sewing kit, which I will pack in my checked duffel bag. As for needles, I just sew them into the lining of the purse or book bag I carry, close to a zipper or magnet closure, if possible. I haven't been stopped so far.

I will bring my art/travel journal and sketch book in my carry-on bag so I won't go crazy on my 4-hour lay-over at O'Hare on the way to Heathrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Museum Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Landscape Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Fireworks Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...