A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Turlock Opportunity to Represent  (Read 826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CosmicPopsicle
« on: January 26, 2010 10:58:08 AM »

we DIYers may or may not have an opportunity to represent. it would be sort of counter culture themed... think indie not anarchy, think counter culture for turlock... anyway if your interested in details, please let me know at michelleadamsmail@yahoo.com, absolutely nothing is set in stone yet, it's more of a proposal but if proposed in the right way, this could be amazing. i'm thinking demos, entertainment (music/dancers/hula hoops/etc...) clubs/groups or organizations, and an indie marketplace. i'd like to see a fashion show using re-purposed materials... lots of ideas but i don't know if we can pull this off in turlock. what do you think? do you have any connections? we're due to propose on monday feb. 1, that's why i'm asking you to contact me directly, i don't want to miss anyone who'd like to participate or help out. love light and blessing your way ♥michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creativity is a lot like looking at the world through a kaleidoscope. you look at a set of elements, the same ones everyone else sees, but then reassemble those floating bits and pieces into an enticing new possibility. ~rosabeth moss kanter
missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010 02:25:30 PM »

How did it go? I know we are working on stuff for spring here in Modesto.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
CosmicPopsicle
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010 12:28:44 PM »

actually... your the first reply i've gotten.... ugh! i hafta say i'm sorta disappointed but not really surprised. i even searched out sellers in turlock thru etsy and convo'd afew but no reply there either. i hate to throw my hands up but i read a quote once that said something like, "sometimes you have to create what you want to be a part of." turlock is putting on a multi-cultural event in april and the counter culture idea came up, i haven't got word yet, as to whether or not they've approved the CC area of the event but i thought it was worth a shot. if you're interested, let me know and i'll keep in touch with the details. ♥michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creativity is a lot like looking at the world through a kaleidoscope. you look at a set of elements, the same ones everyone else sees, but then reassemble those floating bits and pieces into an enticing new possibility. ~rosabeth moss kanter
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Pad Thai Recipe
Cambodian Green Papaya Salad
How to Make Beef Pho Part 2/2
How to Make Beef Pho Part 1/2
How to Make Poori Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...