A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Curtains Anyone?  (Read 877 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HannahVYaaj
« on: March 19, 2010 09:25:47 PM »

So.  The sister and I came back to the parents house two hours away for the last three days of spring break...  I had plans on bringing back a lot of my fabrics to our apartment (two hours away) but my Mom gave them all away!  There was one small box left with six different fabrics.

I had also planned to test out my Dad's new sewing machine that my oldest sister had given him for Christmas.  My Mom told me to sew with the fabric that her Aunt had given her.  At this point, I'm sitting on the ground in my parent's room so my Mom started throwing home dec fabrics into my lap and it kept coming.  Apparently, my Mom's aunt had bought fabric to make her some curtains and had spent $300 alone just on the fabric!  She didn't know what to do with it so she gave them to my parents to have since she didn't want to waste them.

And me being a crafty little nymph, I started laughing and told my Mom that I could turn the fabric into curtains for my parent's room.  Of course my Mom jumped on the idea, and told me to have it up before my Dad comes home from work since he won't sleep if there's no curtains.

Of course I didn't have anything with me since I wasn't planning on doing any serious projects besides simple totes.  I only brought a measuring tape.  Eventually, I got everything under control and under way.  Of course my Dad just had to take a late afternoon nap, he told me to just go buy new ones but I told him they would be ready by the time he went to sleep for the night.

I eventually finished them tonight and my Dad likes them.  He thinks they look very professional and didn't know why my Mom's Aunt was having so much trouble.  There's still enough fabric left over to make two more but I'll just leave those in case my Dad makes something.

And the new curtains that everyone in the family likes.

It's hard to get a full picture because the bed is right next to the window, but the curtains gather on the ground.  There's two panels as well...

FYI~~  The pinkish curtains were here when we first moved into this house almost 13 years ago!  That's some old curtains!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
--Vincent van Gogh
kiewiet
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010 12:58:42 AM »

They are gorgeous! Your mum is onle lucky lady to have such a creative daughter!
That fabric is awesome too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunflowerchild
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010 12:34:15 AM »

Beautiful Curtains; I love that Paisley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

-Oscar Levant

Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.

-Erich Fromm
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Polymer Clay Beads
How to Make Beaded Watch Bands
How to Make Paper Beads
How to Make Beaded Hoop Earrings
How to Make Beaded Headbands
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...