A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,364
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Homemade Calendar Question  (Read 1556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OnyxSaphire
« on: January 12, 2010 02:25:59 PM »

As a late Christmas gift for friends I want to make a personalized calendar (wall hanging type), I just can't figure out how to bind the pages in a minimal cost way. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010 07:24:03 AM »

If you notice how a calendar is made, each page itself has the picture on top and month on bottom with the staple or binding in between the two...your best bet would be to do it that way then get those little pin-clip things (can't think of what they're called, but they look like tacks except the ends spread out like on manilla envelopes) and put 2-3 of them in the middle.  That would be your cheapest binding bet...they have the pins at all craft stores/walmart/most drug stores.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
Spiffyhink
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 07:36:38 PM »

lovelyxmalia: those are called brads, I think, if I understand what you're talking about correctly.

I think that's the easiest, cheapest way of binding it, too, provided you have a stapler. It's basically the pages folded together, with staples in the middle (inside) of the fold. Pretty simple!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyxmalia
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010 04:37:56 AM »

Spiffyhink- those are exactly what I'm talking about!  I just forgot what they were called! haha

I binded a small book with those once and they worked very well.

Stapling is an easy way to do it also...just make sure you put something hard underneath the pages as you staple so you aren't sending staples through your table!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
OnyxSaphire
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010 05:50:31 PM »

perhaps brads would work. I had thought about stapling but then i realized the actual making of the calendar would get complicated (the top half of the page would be the picture i wanted for January while the bottom half would have to be the calendar for December) I could see myself screwing up a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010 08:43:46 AM »

I once made myself a date/notebook (only because I couldn't find one at the time). I printed calendar pages of the size I wanted, cut out notepaper the sized I wanted, & made a cover of the size I wanted. I made it w/spiral binding = I took an old sprial notebook apart & used the spiral wire to punched all the holes. I spiraled the wire thru & had an awesome book. It sounds like a lot, but it was relatively easy if you know your way around a computer (had to size the calendar). Using brads would not allow the calendar to hang nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Style Short Hair - Evening Hair
Learn how to Style Short Hair - Formal Updo
How to Achieve a Millennium French Twist
How to Create a French Twist
Making a Sleek Bun Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...