A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,880
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Homemade Deodorant  (Read 67091 times)
Tags for this thread: natural , deodorant , craftster_best_of_2010 , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shelbyRUDE
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011 11:21:58 PM »

This rules. Definitely gunna try this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlonbike
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011 10:06:53 PM »

Can men use this too? I am thinking of making it for my husband & myself.
I wonder what "manly" oils there are out there for him, so he doesn't think it is
a girly scent.

Tea Tree Oil is what I use. It's anti bacterial so it kills odor causing funk. The scent works fine for both men and women. Both my boyfriend and myself use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011 07:11:43 AM »

I may give this a whirl!

sumerluvin ...bay rum is an awesome manly man scent! Think old school barbershop!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
sumerlovin
"a woman without jewelry is like a night without stars"

"hey summer, wanna play me?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2011 06:54:29 PM »

Where do you find Bay Rum scent?
Is it an oil?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sommer
green_olives
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2011 11:07:01 AM »

I stumbled across this just as I was running out of my store bought deodorant and decided to try it! My bar is cooling now, I used lavender oil and it smells so good I can't wait to use it!

My boyfriend asked me to make him some, just in a less girly scent  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lissame73
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011 08:43:58 PM »

I make my own deodorant also.. I use peppermint and rose and tea tree oils in mine.. The peppermint is very cooling unless you use too much just a few drops will do ya... Ill never buy store bought again either.. Thanks for sharing this..

melissa
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011 09:00:30 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds..

Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

www.lissame73.com
Crafty DIY Housewife
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2011 08:02:24 AM »

Wow you make it sound so simple, I have got to try this! I have oober senistive skin so this seems like a good idea!! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moondanz
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2011 05:18:13 AM »

Can't wait to give this a try.

Also regarding essential oils someone asked about. I had this thought...perhaps you could try the baking soda and water technique someone posted, but instead of water make a strong fragrant tea to mix with the baking soda. It probably wouldn't be something you could make in quantity, but could be done on the fly? (although I've never done it myself, just thought it might be something to experiment with)

I also need to confess that I'm a total dork. Several years ago I bought some deodorant from Melaleuca and it smelled so good I started to carry it in my purse just so I could occasionally give it a wiff LOL I believe it had tea tree oil (well I know it had that, since Melaleuca is a tea tree oil MLM), rosemary, sage and possibly peppermint. I know that I will work towards getting those oils so I can replicate that marvelous scent LOL (seriously I think I'm just  way too dorky LOL)  Plus I'd think that those scents would be unisex in nature. (other more masculine scents might be something like musk, patchouli, woodsy scents like pine, fir, etc and cucumber is a scene in men scents too (usually mixed with lime...but if he's an outdoorsy guy...probably want to skip the lime based on the prior warning)

Also someone asked about where to get tea tree oil. I know GNC carries it. If you have a store that carries organic goods, they will most likely carry tea tree oil also. I'm rural, but one of our local supermarkets has a organic section and they have a few different essential oils (tea tree and lavender, and I think bergomot...and possibly orange?) and we also have a small herb shop that also carries it. But if there is nothing in your area for organic or herbal shops, then try mothernature.com or just google tea tree oil and select the "sale" option on the left side of the page to narrow your search and I'm sure you'll find something (or a million somethings LOL)

Thank you for the tutorial Wink I just picked up a jar of coconut oil last night and already have the other ingredients on hand. (I'll just have to slowly add other oils to my collection as we're financially challenged atm)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2011 01:26:36 PM »

To find essential oils take a look at our supplier list, they'll definitely be cheaper and better quality than anything you can find in a store near you (those natural stores rip you off so badly! It makes me mad!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
moondanz
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2011 10:33:04 AM »

To find essential oils take a look at our supplier list, they'll definitely be cheaper and better quality than anything you can find in a store near you (those natural stores rip you off so badly! It makes me mad!)
Yep, I totally agree.  Where will I find the supplier list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Technology To Fight Against Fake Goods
Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez Got Seriously Sexy for 2013 Teen Choice Awards
Teen Choice Awards Best Dressed
Summer 2013 Essential Swimwear
How to Dress Like Model Cara Delevingne
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...