A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Tattoo My Heart" Matchbox Shrine  (Read 6791 times)
Tags for this thread: matchbox , shrine , valentine , papercraft_challenge_18  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 24, 2010 08:44:32 AM »

This is my first matchbox shrine!
I decided it would be a Valentine's gift for my wonderful Husband. I wanted to make something that would remind him of our past and also look forward to the future. I didn't want it to be all flowers and mushy love poems so I kept it simple.
The outside.

The detail of the band that goes around is an embossed tattoo design I drew with our initials in the banner.

Open up the matchbox to see another form of tattoo art. The heart and banner are traditional tattoo symbols.

The secret? If you look carefully on the left you see a tiny black tab.

Pull the tab and you get a reminder of our times together! Our engagement picture, our favorite family photo, a wedding picture, and the picture of us on our 4th anniversary this year (also our 10 year anniversary of being together!).

A little different angle of the pullout.

I can't wait to give it to him on Valentine's Day and see his reaction! I'm glad I had this challenge to encourage me to try something new and create something wonderful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010 08:46:34 AM »

That's so sweet! I love the embossed heart with your initials and the pull out is fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010 08:50:45 AM »

Thanks! It means a lot that a papercraft guru likes my first shrine.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sminto
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010 08:51:44 AM »

oh wow, I love this! i have a silly question... do you wait to use the matchbox until the matches are all gone or do you put away the matches to use the box? Wink

This is just the inspiration I've been looking for! For valentine's day, I mean. I'm trying to make small gifts for my boyfriend (a flipbook, deck of cards w/ reasons why i love him, etc) to take to work on the rig and this will just add to what I've been wanting to use - photos! thanks a ton!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Check out my blog, Scissors and a Whisk!
cherryrose
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010 09:59:14 AM »

I'm sure he will love it! Very beautiful and man-ish. It's like a miniature photobook, now I want to make one to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010 10:01:48 AM »

oh wow, I love this! i have a silly question... do you wait to use the matchbox until the matches are all gone or do you put away the matches to use the box? Wink

This is just the inspiration I've been looking for! For valentine's day, I mean. I'm trying to make small gifts for my boyfriend (a flipbook, deck of cards w/ reasons why i love him, etc) to take to work on the rig and this will just add to what I've been wanting to use - photos! thanks a ton!!
Acutally I had to beg a matchbox from my Mom because I didn't have any! She just happened to have one that only had 2 matches in it and she put them into another box so I could have this one.  Cheesy
I'm glad I am able to inspire people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010 10:08:00 AM »

I love this
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010 11:27:44 AM »

It is beautiful - in a very masculine way! LOL
I love all of the special photographs hiding in there.  The pullout is beautifully distressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
sminto
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010 11:43:04 AM »

Acutally I had to beg a matchbox from my Mom because I didn't have any! She just happened to have one that only had 2 matches in it and she put them into another box so I could have this one.  Cheesy
I'm glad I am able to inspire people!

Well now I'm debating on buying one or just making one. I'll probably buy one. How did you get the brown paper inside to look vintage-y? Is it just how it looks or did you alter the paper? Sorry about the unusual questinos... I've just never made anything like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Check out my blog, Scissors and a Whisk!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010 11:44:10 AM »

Your hubby is going to love this! Having the tiny pictures pull out is such a sweet surprise. I love how it's sentimental without being too mushy or girly. Perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Miss KK Closet Interview With StyleLikeU
Top 5 Best Dressed Stars of the Week
Top Celebrity Jet-Set Styles
Kristen Bell Brings Menswear to the Red Carpet
Jessica Chastain Puts a Flamenco Twist on Her Red-Carpet LBD
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...