A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: discussions and questions reminder: how to ask for help?  (Read 572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2010 05:55:46 PM »

hi!
i hope this is the right place i haven't found a topic like that, but i apologize if one exists. english is not my first language, so the obvious words to search for are usually not that obvious for me Smiley

i've been browsing the home sweet home section of craftster a lot lately, especally the discussion and question boards.
i've noticed, that there's lots of posts
a) with basically no information at all (hi! i moved, what can i do to fix the ugly bathroom? *end of post*)
b) never ending bla-bla, that doesn't give the needed information either (like talking a lot about where the piece they want to reupholster is from, what the price was and ask for a how to for reupholster this special sofa without giving a picture or detailed description of the construction or material they want to use.
c)
that's annoying

is there a way to make a basic "how to write a request for help-thing" that's easy to see?
i know that won't solve all the problems.

it seems to me that there's a lot of not that respectful users around lately. people who don't bother to read the rules or think about where/how to post something
in a community that's as big as craftster, it's hard to get along. probably because there's always some people that are not as nice/helpful/honest and then the "nice" ones who take the rules serios, feel disadvantaged
i just want to say that i know where the problems are, but some of them might be easy to fix.

thank you for reading this!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010 07:19:40 AM »

I know what you mean. I have answered several posts with questions, saying we can't really help without xyz information, and can you post pictures?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fruit and Granola Parfait Recipe
Healthy Alternatives When Dining Out
Is Coconut Oil Actually Good For You?
How to Make Healthy Blueberry Muffins
Do You Really Need to Wash Your Veggies?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...