A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Journal Page Swap (CLOSED, Sendouts March 6)  (Read 19933 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010 07:16:41 AM »

Ooh - that could make a really awesome coffee table book.  Give it a nice big cover and decorate it...  I may do that with my pages.  Cheesy

That would be so awesome as a coffee table book. My brain is buzzing with ideas and thoughts, I can't wait for partners! I'm actually playing round at the moment with some art journalling, my hands have paint and ink stains on them Grin

I agree! This would make an awesome coffee table book! And I'm moving into a new (my first) house soon, so I NEED a coffee table book!  Cheesy lol

Can't wait to get started! Sending my questionnaire in now! Yay!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest

I'm on YouTube! ~ Come take a look Cheesy
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010 01:49:42 PM »

I sent in my questionnaire earlier today! I'm so excited that this swap is finally a go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
RougeRaven
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010 08:04:26 PM »

Essentially (if I understood everything correctly) its like a whole page ATC.  Your partner specifies the size of the page(s) they want.  They can be any size small than an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.  I left that up to my partner by saying I'd be happy with either an 8.5" x 11" or an 8" x 8".  And then, say for example you were making two pages, you would pick a theme or two from your partners list and decorate the page based on those themes.  Then you send it on to your partner.  When your partner gets it they can hole punch them and put them in a 3-ring binder, or put them in plastic sleeves in a 3-ring binders, if they're feeling very crafty, they can collect pages for a while and bind them into a book.  

The great thing about these pages is that its your interpretation of a theme.  If the theme was Nature - you could write something about a walk you took or what you love about nature and decorate the background/add pictures or you could do a awesome quote with drawings or a collage or even embroider the page...  I have way too many thoughts coming into my own brain by explaning this.  Grin

Ooh - that could make a really awesome coffee table book.  Give it a nice big cover and decorate it...  I may do that with my pages.  Cheesy

I think that is a great defintion! Art journals are essentially any type of artwork put into book form. There are even fabric art journals out there! Don't feel limited to writing- it is limitless! There are no rules in art journaling and there is no "wrong" way to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
calluna
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010 05:46:19 PM »

I'm in!  Grin Looking forward to getting started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm living/working in Yosemite Nat'l Park til further notice! Blogging about it here. No swapping for me, and minimal crafting time, for the coming months. Graduated from library school! That sums things up for now.
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010 09:51:56 AM »

Oooo, I'm in too! I can't wait. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010 09:59:57 AM »

Sorry about delays with updating the member list on the first page of the thread- I check my account twice a day and add you as I get the pms. I've just been slacking with the thread- sorry!  Smiley Everyone who has pmed me so far should have this swap marked as "in progress" on their profile, please let me know if this isn't the case
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010 04:36:46 PM »

i can't wait to get started. this is my first papercrafting swap, aside from puzzle swaps, i'm interested in trying new techniques. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
RougeRaven
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010 06:58:02 PM »

Calluna pointed out to me that some swap members' swap date information is incorrect on their profiles. I have contacted the help desk and they should be fixing the swap date soon. Sorry guys, I don't know why it came up as 1969- I know for a fact I just put in kartiana's date right (I double checked) and it still came up wrong. We'll figure it out  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010 07:55:30 AM »

Sorry guys, I don't know why it came up as 1969-

Oooh, we get to swap pages and go back in time! Yay!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attackofthequacks

glue addict - glitter glue, that is ;)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010 11:22:12 AM »

this looks like a fun swap  Smiley i will decide in a few days if i am going to sign up or not
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for batik fabric or shrinky dink plastic - PM me!

My Wists: www.wists.com/attackofthequacks
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...