A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 gifts for an artist - help!  (Read 690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teknicolor
« on: November 30, 2010 09:10:25 AM »

Okay, so, I have a problem. I have no idea what to get my boyfriend or make for my boyfriend, and we have a ridiculous amount of gift-necessary events coming up. First is christmas in december, then in january its our 6-month anniversary, and in february his birthday is ON Valentines day. -sigh-

A little about him- Okay, so, he's 30, he's a painter, graffiti artist, and gardener. There isn't anything he needs, really. There isn't anything I can buy him that he doesn't already have, plus he's got lots of money and kind of expensive taste while I'm broke, and can't really afford expensive. He's very modern and minimal in his aesthetic and doesn't really like clutter or stuff at all, so doing something like a scrapbook of us I feel like would just get stuffed in a closet somewhere. He is an espresso fiend but gave me his machine since he likes to buy it, so idk what to do there.

I was thinking of making him some boxers with a couple inside jokes on them, and making a coupon book for him, but beyond those two ideas i'm tapped out, and that's not nearly enough. He likes the fashion-military style that's out right now, and likes guns and whatnot, but then again he doesn't like to have 'things' around that aren't functional. I'm also okay at drawing (he's much, much better) so I was thinking of drawing the view from the roof of his building (downtown) but I feel like that would be kind of lame since he could do a much better job than I ever could.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to all the celebrations, but I'm kind of stressing about the presents. I want to do something wonderful for him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stitch & Spin <3
kunoni
can't stay inside the lines..

fly away...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010 03:53:14 PM »

Well.. seeing as he likes coffee and useful stuffs.. Maybe make a coffee cup sleeve? A whole set? It'll be really easy to make if you can knit/sew/crochet, and you could put the inside jokes on it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~shine shine shine~
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010 08:44:29 PM »

Well, what about a paintbrush roll?  A portfolio for a sketchbook and pencils?  A journal for keeping track of ideas/sketches?  Getting glass or porcelain paints and personalizing a travel mug for him?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Tailgate - Spatchcocked Chicken
Learn how to Make Tuna Burgers
How to Make Homemade Stuffing, Part 1
How to Make the Perfect Turkey Gravy
How to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...