A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
815 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My new website  (Read 777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nolazombie
« on: January 22, 2010 08:21:20 PM »

I broke down and paid someone to help me out with it after 6 months of promising myself I'd find time to get it all fixed up myself. I'm loving it so far- there are still a few missing bits (like the entire "about" section), but it's getting there.

I was on Etsy for a few months and didn't make any sales there at all. I had my new site up less than a week before I got my first sale. It's been up since just after the first though, and that's the only sale I've made. But- I haven't started advertising it yet, beyond it being on my business cards and such, because I really want it to be as perfect as possible before I invest in that. I don't want to spend money to send people to a messed up website!

So- if you're willing to take a peek and let me know if you notice anything that can be improved upon, I'd appreciate it a TON!

It's www.elliemonster.co m 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010 11:20:39 AM »

ah that looks really good and professional Smiley the theme is perfect, it's easy to navigate and everything's spic and span.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
nolazombie
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010 09:20:33 PM »

Thanks so much for the input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BullyMart

If my dog thinks I am...then I am.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010 07:01:30 PM »

Hello I am new here but wanted to give my input here Smiley since this one of my fields of expertise.

1 - There appears to be no optimization to your website at all. This is back end stuff that we can't see but it is VITAL to your search engine placement and sales. The less text you have especially on your home page the less effective it is for your search engine optimization.

2 - The text is a bit to small for comfortable viewing for the majority of people.

3 - On items like this http://www.elliemonster.com/products/men/S1_2.html it would be best to allow for a zoom in on the images to allow detailed view of any patterns/pics on the item.

The color scheme is nice and its always attractive to have a dark background to make photos pop Smiley The biggest deal for your sales bottom line would likely be the optimization. There is not a single page on your site that is optimized for your benefit. I holds no page rank and could use more text content that is focused and targeted on what you are actually providing Smiley

Hope that wasn't to harsh as it was only meant to be constructive. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Xavi  G

Gone to tha dawgz:
http://www.BullyMart.com
fluxxii
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010 11:32:01 PM »

It's very cool! I love how the website theme also fits the style of your products. I was just going to mention exactly what BullyMart said - although I'm not huge at the idea of search engine optimization, there just really isn't much for search engines to read. Other then that, I think it's great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLUXXII.COM: online consignment for indie artists
SophieMiriam
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010 04:58:26 AM »

I like your site. Honestly, though, I was a little confused by the fact that "store" meant brick and mortar store and "shop" meant online shop. Shop could probably be changed to online shop fairly easily, but I can't think of a concise way to let people know that if they want to look at what they can buy, "store" is the wrong place to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Rainbow Color Effect in Photoshop
How to Use Photoshop 2/2
How to Use Photoshop 1/2
how to Make a Picture Look Like A Painting in Photoshop
How to Create an Electric Text Effect In Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...