A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wedding/anniversary quilt (wordy and kinda pic heavy)  (Read 6139 times)
Tags for this thread: quilt , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xmoonbloom
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010 11:26:49 PM »

That's a piece of art! I like your color selection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meladoro
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010 02:34:46 AM »

Thank you so much for sharing. Your story made my eyes fill with some tears. First of all I LOVE your quilt! I love how you put all the peaces together, not by any firm model but just by how you felt was right. Then I love the idea to treat each part of the quilt as a storyboeard on its own. Very inspiring!

I started sewing a dress 4 years ago and never finished it. I gained weight and I lost, and each time I had to change something on the dress to fit it. Now I think that maby It wasnt time to fit in it yet. I am inspired now ti finish it.
I have so many fabrics on stash that I adore, also from my childhood since my mother kept it all. Maby I should make a quilt with all these litle memories.

I hope you found a comfortable place to stay, and that you keep sharing your words through the beauttyful things you make.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010 07:38:41 AM »

It's a beautiful quilt, and it sounds like it was a cathartic process in making it.  As rough as it sounds like it has been for you, I bet that quilt wouldn't have turned out quite so wonderful and brimming with love and feelings if you hadn't made it through all of that.

Kudos Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pirate Mama
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010 06:12:27 AM »

sometime the story behind the project is just as intriguing as the project!  Thanks for sharing... your little birds, they will fly away and plant seeds of inspiration across the web! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TAHINAZ
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010 03:10:48 PM »

Beautiful! I love the embellishments! This is a refreshing change from the ultra-uniform quilts in my quilting magazines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBeezKneez
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010 06:06:36 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing your quilt and your story. I visit Craftster everyday and am in awe of all the creativity but it is your story that really makes this post special. I commend you on your bravery and honesty. I have been tinkering with the idea of making a quilt of my late grandfathers clothes and needed the push this story gives me. Thankyou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May those who love us love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
lindseykaye
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010 08:56:58 PM »

Wow, that quilt and story is amazing. Thank you for sharing. Not everyone is able to share thing so eloquently as you did through both your words and your quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010 10:24:18 AM »

Really love this quilt for some many reasons. First aesthetically. I love the colors, the strips, the placement of the scraps to make things even.
second, the details, screen printing, embroidery, crochet, etc, so many things that show how much you put into this piece.
I can tell this project has made you stronger and more beautiful inside and out. It's touching and wonderful!
Congrats for finishing your project, and for becoming a stronger person! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lunapooka
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010 05:48:32 AM »

Your quilt is a gorgeous work of art.  I must ask, since I am just outside of STL, what is this "Anthro" place that you speak of.  I've never heard of it and I am intrigued about something that could inspire such a beautiful piece. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a house with a craft room!
mangomerle
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010 10:35:49 PM »

Thank you all for the wonderful replies.

TAHINAZ - I like looking at and reading some of the articles in quilting magazines. And I think the projects themselves are terrific, but I can't make things that well-measured and evenly assembled even when I try. So I stopped trying to do that and just went on the basics I knew about quilt piecing and assembly.

TheBeezKneez - I'm really kind of happy that my story helped inspire you like that. I love seeing projects with reused or repurposed parts, especially when they have family and personal history behind them.

Lunapooka  - The name is actually Anthropologie and it's in the Galleria. Just take the Eager Rd exit from 64 or 170 and make  right onto Brentwood. The stuff they have changes all the time and you can see a lot of pictures on their website, but browsing the web and looking at textile items has no comparison for actually being in the store where you can touch it and really get a good look at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Factors of Aging from Dr. Mike Moreno
Author John Witt Discusses the Hidden Story of the Laws of War
"Tilt" Book Trailer
Lorna Byrne Discusses Her Book A Message of Hope from the Angels
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...