A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ideas for a lace wrap/cardi/shrug, anyone ?  (Read 2470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2005 04:03:40 AM »

Right, so I'm very much into the shrug / mini cardi type  right now (guess it might have something to do with summer coming..?), and I like very much the ballet wrap style too...
I also would love a lacy texture, as it's nice and light, but I hate to knit with tiny needles..

I've already tried to google that for hours, but can't seem to find my ideal one... Of course, I love the shimmer, I do, Hot Lava, ect... But does someone have any cool idea ?
Or a cool pattern for a swap ? (I have millions of them, including lots of french mags/books that I can translate)

sylv
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005 06:06:51 AM by prunille » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
nevermore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005 07:16:03 AM »

While it's not technically "lace" I knit Glamypre's Boobholder - http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id62.html - using thinner yarn than it called for on the same size needles (I had alot of thrift-store grey mohair).  It's really light and somewhat lacy, and was pretty quick to knit.  Also, if you wanted longer sleeves, they're really easy to lengthen - you just keep knitting until they're the right length.

Or, you could just find a lace pattern you like, cast on enough stitches to go around the top of your arm (keeping to the multiple of the lace pattern), and knit in pattern until it's long enough to go from wrist to wrist (assuming you wanted a long sleeve shrug).  Then, just sew the two long edges together from one end to your armpit (give or take) on either side.  This way, you could knit it at whatever gauge you wanted - no tiny needles.

Just a few ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Shop - http://www.nevermore.etsy.com
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005 08:51:37 AM »

Here are some free patterns, some of which are lacey.
The summer interweave knits magazine has a few other shrugs as well, here are pics of all the projects
The summer Vogue has some, too (preview here has some, but not all of the projects)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ithnkuno
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005 09:29:33 AM »

what about knitty's "I do"
www.knitty.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
littleweasel
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005 02:15:54 PM »

I looove knitty's shimmer shrug:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTshimmer.html

good luck in your search!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy www.littleweasel.etsy.com
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005 11:36:23 PM »

thanks guys for all your suggestions,
littleweasel I also really really love the shimmer, even though I guess I'd do it with a diferent lace pattern in the back, and maybe more rounded ruffles at cuffs.
And nevermore, I agree very much with you on the boobholder, I had kind of the same idea about adding long sleeves. Have you got a pic of yours somewhere ? I'd love to see the result with you thin mohair yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005 12:26:31 AM »

Patons has a couple you may like.  (Australian/NZ Patons, but I can send you the patterns if you want)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
mayerlove
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005 07:25:56 AM »

ooo i like the bottom two! about.com has a great stitch library, some w/ pics. there's some cool patterns. i started making a shrug last night, but now i might change the stitch pattern. i started and inch of seed stitch, then i'm doing variations of the crosswise stich found on the diy network site. i hope it works out, i'm just making a rectangle, then folding down the two sides and sewing them for the sleeves. ( i thought the link for the stitch was on here, but i guess not.... i'll see if i can find it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
mayerlove
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005 07:31:03 AM »

http://www.diynet.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3520331,00.html
there's the link. i'm using cotton yarn for my shrug, so should i use this stitch pattern or a different one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
littleweasel
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005 08:40:25 AM »

OOOOhhhh!!! Sarahdotcom, those patons patterns are so cute! I don't think i've seen any as cute in the states.  Tongue  Where could i get a copy of them, do you think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy www.littleweasel.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lana Del Rey: Steal Her Style
Boyfriend Style Hijack!
Kardashian Style Klash: Kim Vs Kendall 2013
The Style Sins of Paris Hilton
Different Celeb Same Dress: Kyle Minogue, Nicki Minaj and JLaw
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...